Social Events for Learning Disabled Adults?

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I was wondering if there are local organizations that cater to organizing social events for the learning disabled adult population? I know of several people who could benefit.

I checked the Melwood website but didn't see anything related to social events there.

Thanks.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Center for Life Enrichment?

That's the other one I was trying to think of. They even have a bus that comes to the individuals home. I don't know where they take them, but I know they provide some sort of transportation.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
thanks - I know many of the programs have been cut back and/or eliminated in the past few years due to the economy going downhill.

That's the other one I was trying to think of. They even have a bus that comes to the individuals home. I don't know where they take them, but I know they provide some sort of transportation.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I was wondering if there are local organizations that cater to organizing social events for the learning disabled adult population? I know of several people who could benefit.

I checked the Melwood website but didn't see anything related to social events there.

Thanks.

ARC of Southern Maryland in PF.

The Arc of Southern Maryland

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

:yay:

They also have a jobs program. (I'm not sure what they actually call it) They help find jobs, and they have people who help people with disabilities work on jobs (shadow them, etc.). There are so many opportunities available these days for disabled people, where there weren't so many years ago. :smile:

hammishsqueak

We're all mad here.

Thanks.

Check your PMer.

R

retiredweaxman

Thanks.

My wife used to work at The Center for Life Enrichment as a Job Coach until we moved back to Pittsburgh last year. PM me and I will see if she has any contact information to pass on to you.

bcp

In My Opinion
from what I remember from way back when I did the bar scene, any bar after 10pm pretty much covers it.

seaturtle

Thanks.

Somd.com seems to delve into that group.