Solomons After Dark

Katelin

one day the dark will end
Best one I have seen of the bridge in a long time!!!!
Very surreal...and quite beautiful!!!!

What are the specs?
Did you use a tripod?

Katelin

one day the dark will end
Sadly, you sig line and copywrite is over that electric eel green grass/field..which adds to the surreal property of your photograph.

Can you shift it to the left?

corollinout

Wirelessly posted

Tripod was used, it was a 30 second exposure. The green beach part is effected by the lighting in the area. The boat rental place has a florescent light shining on the beach behind me. The signature lone can go anywhere on the photo. I do one with and without it. Out of habit I put it in the lower right hand corner, mainly because that's not the focal point of the picture, but I could put it in the left. Thanks for the comments.

GopherM

Darwin was right
Great shot. I linked to you image gallery and you have some very interesting work. I love the shots of the old bridge to nowhere. Where were those shot.

There used to be an old truck, like the one you shot, at a farm on Hollywood Rd. I kept intending to stop and get a shot and by the time I got serious about it, it was gone. I wonder how many years it sat there with brush groing up through the engine compartment before someone finally decided it was time to get rid of it. I just waited too long.

CrashTest

That picture would make folks want to visit Solomons. Next time you should try and capture a more realistic picture of Solomons - a mile long traffic jam, folks walking in and out of the road, Segways racing up and down the sidewalks, and jam-packed parking lots.

Radiant1

Soul Probe
Great pic!

That picture would make folks want to visit Solomons. Next time you should try and capture a more realistic picture of Solomons - a mile long traffic jam, folks walking in and out of the road, Segways racing up and down the sidewalks, and jam-packed parking lots.

Attachments

• Debbie_Downer.jpg
    Debbie_Downer.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 99

corollinout

Great shot. I linked to you image gallery and you have some very interesting work. I love the shots of the old bridge to nowhere. Where were those shot.

There used to be an old truck, like the one you shot, at a farm on Hollywood Rd. I kept intending to stop and get a shot and by the time I got serious about it, it was gone. I wonder how many years it sat there with brush groing up through the engine compartment before someone finally decided it was time to get rid of it. I just waited too long.

I have been looking at that bridge for years. It's only visible from the road during the winter. It's in Huntingtown right off RT4, but hardly noticeable if you're not looking for it. I also found a glass telephone/telegraph insulator while I was back there, and some research I did on that I found out it was manufactured between 1890s and 1920s. I am currently trying to get more information on the road that bridge was used for. I'm not sure if it is old RT4 or not.