SOMD March Madness pool?

Beta84

They're out to get us
Do you guys do a march madness bracket every year? I imagine there must be enough people with interest to get one going if this isn't done every year. Selection Sunday just over a week away!

Otter

Nothing to see here
Do you guys do a march madness bracket every year? I imagine there must be enough people with interest to get one going if this isn't done every year. Selection Sunday just over a week away!

Sounds like a job for Rael!! Hound him!!

Rael

Supper's Ready
transferred to voice mail:

"Rael is out of the office right now, please leave your name, number, and the date and time you called. A customer service representative will get back to you as soon as possible."

If anyone else is interested in doing this, we could just set up a private group on espn.com. That would make it easy to set up and keep track of.

If you all want to do that, let me know and I'll set up a group and post a link.

yankee44

If anyone else is interested in doing this, we could just set up a private group on espn.com. That would make it easy to set up and keep track of.

If you all want to do that, let me know and I'll set up a group and post a link.

I am in. :buddies:

Beta84

They're out to get us

yeah that's the best way of doing it. i can't remember if i like ESPN or CBSSports better, but you can never go wrong on ESPN. Ahhh I can't wait for Selection Sunday

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
yeah that's the best way of doing it. i can't remember if i like ESPN or CBSSports better, but you can never go wrong on ESPN. Ahhh I can't wait for Selection Sunday

There were some major upsets yesterday. That Syracuse/UConn game was amazing! Did you see the OK/OKState game?

Okay, I set up a group called 'SOMD'. The password is 'thesomdpassword'. (I'm very original.)

Link to the group: ESPN - Tournament Challenge - SOMD Group Page

For those who don't know, a few points about how it works:

The brackets will be available for filling out an hour after the brackets are announced.

You get points for each correct pick, and the points double for each round:

Round 1 - 10 points per pick
Round 2 - 20 points per pick
Round 3 - 40 points per pick
Round 4 - 80 points per pick
Round 5 - 160 points per pick
Round 6 - 320 points per pick

The first tie breaker is the score for the final game.

All picks are locked as of the tip off of the first game (Thursday, March 19).

Additional Heads-Up: If you enter your real last name when you sign up for the account, I believe it will show it in the list of entries for the group.

One more issue - ESPN will let you make 10 seperate entries, so someone needs to decide if we should allow 10 different entries for each person in this group, or just 1. I don't really care, I only need one to get a perfect score. :whistle:

ESPN - Tournament Challenge - Game Home

Beta84

They're out to get us
sounds good. The last minute (really, last 20 seconds) of the MSU/UT game just got me ready for March Madness. That was insane.

Beta84

They're out to get us
ESPN wouldn't let me pick the final champ...hopefully they fix that by the time they lock in :lol:

ESPN wouldn't let me pick the final champ...hopefully they fix that by the time they lock in :lol:

Yeah, that would be a major glitch if they don't fix it. I haven't tried to fill out my bracket yet - probably try tonight.

Nobody voiced an opinion about how many entries per person, so I guess we should limit it to one entry. Unless someone thinks we should do otherwise, that's what we'll do.

Beta84

They're out to get us
Yeah, that would be a major glitch if they don't fix it. I haven't tried to fill out my bracket yet - probably try tonight.

Nobody voiced an opinion about how many entries per person, so I guess we should limit it to one entry. Unless someone thinks we should do otherwise, that's what we'll do.

sounds fair to me. that was buddy lee can't make 10 entries and sweep the top 10 :wink:

Just a reminder - if anyone else wants to get schooled on how to pick the NCAAs (by BuddyLee of course) - you have to register and fill out your bracket before the games start tomorrow.