Some nasty upper respiratory infection crud going around....

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I would start loading up on Vitamins and minerals. I'm talking overload on the stuff

I usually get the Aiirborne Gummies - the yuuuuge bottle. I take them all day long for a couple of days. They have Vitamin C and also Echinacea (which I swear by even though the studies over the years have been pro and con depending on the year!) :yay:

Bann

PREMO Member
Have you guys seen the weather outlook for this weekend? High 60s and 70s. That sucks!
I'm loving it! :getdown:

The only problem with that weather is that it will drop back down to the 30's again. Then it feels even more cold! :(

Never mind. I can't find the screwdriver. So I was saying I just got out of the bathtub and went outside barefoot with wet hair and the lady next door said you're going to catch pneumonia and I thought no I'm not that's an old wives tale and voila I'm coughing.
Avoid your mom as much as possible, wear a mask, use hand sanitizer.

Bann

PREMO Member
I think it's the heat in the house that's causing this. It was 48 degrees in here this morning so I shut the windows and turned the heat on to take the chill off and forgot it. It's so dry in here now.
Get saline spray. It works great to keep all your nasal passages from drying out.

mitzi

Did anybody get a sore throat with this?

I didn't. Mine was mainly endless congestion and hacking when it went down my throat. Nothing (saline rinse, cold meds, humidifier) gave more than temporary relief.

Last edited:
I've had it since 22-Dec. Only just now slowly getting better, still an occasional cough. Took a ride today just to get some fresh air in my lungs. No sore throat, but my sinuses are killing me.

I thought it might have been drive your bike to Point Lookout Day or something. I have all the windows open and there's been a steady stream all afternoon.
Yeah, lots of bikes out, passed many between here and the Point. Checked out the Schnibles renovation. Doesn't look like much is happening, but I see a new sewer went in.