Sonic Boom??

xobxdoc

I used to hear and feel the same thing when the shuttle would re-enter for landing when I lived in Florida.

glhs837

Power with Control
Yeah, had just laid down when I felt it here near SMCM. I jumped up and yelled downstairs to the wife and son, who were baffled. Been here 8 years, never felt anything like that from Dahlgren. Might be it was felt more on the second floor, wife and son both thought it wasnt out of the ordinary. I'm used to noises, but not actual motion of the house.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I was outside on a step ladder painting and would swear that I felt it as much as I heard it.

snowygirl

It’s amazing how the sound,etc traveled IMO because my sons live in the ranch estates and didn’t feel hear a thing.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I was getting a call from a customer in LaPlata at the time this happened - he definitely heard and felt it - as he mentioned it on the phone. I didn't feel or hear anything in PF.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Most likely testing the latest and greatest naval rail gun tech, nope scratch that. Since the EMRG is going no where fast. Instead testing is now for the hypervelocity projectile (HVP). The HVP is the same projectile developed for the EMRG but modified to fire from traditional gunpowder-based guns. The projectile is so fast even superman wouldn't be able to catch up to it, since it's not a regular rifle bullet.:patriot:

Grumpy

Testing at: Buildings 1180-1186/EEA/Shock Tube Road
*Operating Times: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
* Noise on Station: Potential to create "Very Loud" noise in the southern (Building 101) area of NSF Dahlgren.
* Noise Down Range: Potential to create "Very Loud" noise down range and in communities surrounding NSF Dahlgren.
* River Restrictions: None
* Roads Closed on Station: Tisdale Road/Shocktube Road/Blue Stone Road
* Barricades Closed on Station: Area 3 Barricade/Shocktube Road Barricade/Hide Away Pond Barricade/1410 Back Gate/Blue Stone Road Barricade/Lower Gambo Creek Gate/Upper Gambo Creek Gate/Middle Gate/1470 Gate/Churchill Range/Harris Range
* EMCON Conditions: Condition 2 in Buildings 995/948/1122/455, Condition 1 in Buildings 1180/1186, Condition 4 in Buildings 102/161/943
* MR Shelter Condition:
* Other Notifications: None