Southern Maryland Bad Drivers

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
See, you're not a big enough psycho. This is the internet, Opie - there are any number of mentally ill sociopaths that roam around it and they come up with all sorts of bizarre ways to track people down that you and I wouldn't think of. It's like the scary people who dox their mortal enemies on FB and Twitter: how would they get a personal identity from a screen name? And yet somehow they do.
Then there are those crazy folks that beat up their dishwashers with golf clubs. :crazy:

Last edited:

glhs837

Power with Control
Well, that's the other side of this... If you're taking pictures while driving, then you're not driving 'handsfree' (no one uses a real camera anymore, so assume it's phone video) and are just as much of a jerk as the person being photographed. The only exception is dash-mounted cams.

Hows about if I just tell my phone "Hey Google, take a picture!". Since my phone is always in it's mount that keeps the camera exposed towards the windshield, that should be fine, right?

BernieP

Resident PIA
Looks like a lawsuit waiting to happen. That's why we remove pics of license plates and other identifiers on here - we had a lawyer explain to us that it was just asking for problems.
I was thinking the same thing. In some cases I give people the benefit of the doubt, sometimes you get caught by unusual traffic patterns, like lane mergers. I assume the picture of the person who was cut off going over the bridge was SB 4. If you are a dumb scmuck and drive in the right lane, at the speed limit, you are probably gong to be caught in that lane until the last minute. Two things, the speed limit drops just north of the light at the shopping center and the cops like to sit at the NRC and write speeding tickets. That doesn't slow down even half the people unless they haven't gotten a ticket there.

Some of that you can blame on MDOT and road markings. If you have a left turn lane (only), a left and go straight lane, what is the third, unmarked lane for when there are two lanes in front (sort of) - because while there are two lanes, the intersections aren't always aligned.

Add in the *******ness of a lot of drivers who won't allow a merge, they actually will shadow your fender. I've had drivers in the left lane on 235 SB going into Pax, speed up to stay by my back door, not that there isn't plenty of room to pass me and let me go in behind, they just seem to want to not want anyone to change into their lane.

glhs837

Power with Control
I would peg the amount of drivers who stay in that right turn only lane coming west towards the bridge due to "being caught out through ignorance" as far lower than those who use it to bypass the left lane getting slowed by folks taking the left in front of that small shop[ping center with 7-11. I base that on the fact that they keep going long after the first turn arrows on the road and wait til the last second to signal and force a way in. Usually long after they corss into the area where the line turns solid.

https://www.google.com/maps/@38.3342209,-76.4667125,213m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en

mitzi

I just watched a video. The woman is keeping up with traffic going over 70, while recording a County maintenance truck doing 80. All with her handheld phone. The level of stupidity on this page is going to be comical :killingme

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
(snip) no one uses a real camera anymore (snip)
Actually, I still use the 3 DSLR's my wife and I have for photography.
My cell is a flip Tracfone, only on 5 - 6 minutes a week on the rare occasion I make a call or check for messages.
If I'm in the car, I have hands free calling via my Onstar subscription.

black dog

Free America
Just out of curiosity... where could one possibly go with a plate number to find any kind of pertinent info on the driver? Seriously?? Unless you are LEO... where can the info be had?
There used to be phone books at the DMV that one could cross reference tag numbers to an owners name and a street address.

Grumpy

LOL, some guy had his ham radio call sign as a vanity plate this morning and his name is already out there. Just a pic of his tag and someone saying he was driving like an idiot. Think they ought to make folks show vids of actual douchebag driving rather than relying of the word of the person posting a pic.

rmorse

Just out of curiosity... where could one possibly go with a plate number to find any kind of pertinent info on the driver? Seriously?? Unless you are LEO... where can the info be had?

When I head to Budds Creek to ride motocross, i'll leave my tailgate down to hide my license plate or cover it with duct tape. We have had shady characters drive down to "watch us ride" but they just go around and take pictures of peoples license plates when they see a bike they like. We had a really bad rash of bike thefts for a couple summers in a row from this. They had a person in the MVA who had access to records and would look up peoples addresses.

MiddleGround

There are quite a lot of videos on the page displaying various forms or 'douchbagginess' all over the southern Maryland region :lmao: