Southern Maryland Counties: Where do you live?

Where do you live?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

oldman

Lobster Land
LexiGirl75 said:
It seems like you know what you're doing. I am looking for a man like that. So, let's get down to the nitty gritty. How much would you charge me for 2 doz crabs steamed and seasoned and some rockfish?

Gosh, I haven't been asked how much I charge for anything in some years now. Actually I don't favor crabbing until later on in the year and I actually prefer white perch over rockfish. Did catch a rock last week but it was only 17 1/4" so had to throw it back. Ate at Ray's in Benedict last week and noticed they have a dozen crabs for $35 - that is why I get my license to catch them myself. Wish I could fulfill your request but alas, I am but a poor retired person that has no desire to trade my pleasures for money. Besides, you're way to young for me. Do you know how to operate a spinning reel?

greyhound said:
I do what I can. I've always thought of your hometown as Southern Maryland.

Especially considering you can walk to the Charles Co line from my parents house. It only takes a few minutes. :lol:

Toxick

Splat
LexiGirl75 said:
Voters will be displayed.

I'm fairly certain that there are only three counties in the SOMD Tri-County region.

PG would be more of a DC Suburb, like Montgomery County, than Southern Maryland.

'Specially since it's in more of a Central location as opposed to Southern..

Toxick said:
I'm fairly certain that there are only three counties in the SOMD Tri-County region.

PG would be more of a DC Suburb, like Montgomery County, than Southern Maryland.

She said southern PG. :smack:

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
oldman said:
Gosh, I haven't been asked how much I charge for anything in some years now. Actually I don't favor crabbing until later on in the year and I actually prefer white perch over rockfish. Did catch a rock last week but it was only 17 1/4" so had to throw it back. Ate at Ray's in Benedict last week and noticed they have a dozen crabs for $35 - that is why I get my license to catch them myself. Wish I could fulfill your request but alas, I am but a poor retired person that has no desire to trade my pleasures for money. Besides, you're way to young for me. Do you know how to operate a spinning reel?

I don't know anything about spinning reel. Is that in relation to a crab pot? I do plan to buy a fishing rod this summer and test my abilities.

I understand that it becomes like work to trade your pleasures for money. I feel the same way.

The Benedict bridge freaked me out when I went over it about two weeks ago. It's so low to the water. Kind of reminds me of the bridge that leads from VA to DC (I think it's either the Roosevelt or 14th St). I didn't like that too much. But, I would have to go over it again to make sure.

I will probably get some crabs this weekend from my trusty spot in Ridge. Thanks anyway, but if you change your mind just PM me. :wink:

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
We are family! :getdown:

Toxick said:

Regardless, of what you think, people here live there. :razz:

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
Ken King back me up here if you will.

Toxick said:

Interesting that you would say PG is a DC Suburb because DC use to be a part of PG. That blew me when I learned that.

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
Toxick said:

Why is the hospital in Clinton called Southern Maryland Hospital?:confused:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Toxick said:
There is Hyattsville, College Park, etc. PG County and then there is Aquasco, Baden as someone else mentioned, which is only about 5 or so miles off 381.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
LexiGirl75 said:
Interesting that you would say PG is a DC Suburb because DC use to be a part of PG. That blew me when I learned that.
Yes part of PG became the District. And as far as southern Maryland I have usually equated it with the 5th Congressional District which would be part of Anne Arundel, all of Calvert, all of Charles, part of PG, and all of St. Mary's, pretty much anything south of a line from Fort Washington to Annapolis.

Toxick

Splat
LexiGirl75 said:
Regardless, of what you think, people here live there. :razz:

It has nothing to do with what I think.

I was always told that "Southern Maryland" was a "Tri-County" area - consisting of St. Mary's, Calvert, and Charles.

But it don't make me no nevermind. I'm going to be a resident of Pima County, Arizona as soon as humanly possible.

EmnJoe

nunya bidnis
Speedy70 said:
Indian Head...not southern PG.

Indian Head is Charles County. Morst southern part of PG in that area is Accokeek and I wouldn't count that as Southern Maryland.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
Ken King said:
Yes part of PG became the District. And as far as southern Maryland I have usually equated it with the 5th Congressional District which would be part of Anne Arundel, all of Calvert, all of Charles, part of PG, and all of St. Mary's, pretty much anything south of a line from Fort Washington to Annapolis.

I don't know what the "official" geographical designation of Southern Maryland is, but I like the tri-county approach.

Last edited: