Southern Maryland Counties: Where do you live?

Where do you live?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
Speedy70 said:
That's the ONLY bridge that doesn't bother me!

I haven't been over the Nice bridge yet, heard stories about that one. The Solomons one I heard stories about before moving here and while it is scary as he!! going over it at night when it's raining and extremely foggy for the most part the bridge is a breeze.

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
Intelligence is so sexy...

Ken King said:
Yes part of PG became the District. And as far as southern Maryland I have usually equated it with the 5th Congressional District which would be part of Anne Arundel, all of Calvert, all of Charles, part of PG, and all of St. Mary's, pretty much anything south of a line from Fort Washington to Annapolis.

and you are the epitome. :yay: Thanks love!

greyhound

EmnJoe said:
Indian Head is Charles County. Morst southern part of PG in that area is Accokeek and I wouldn't count that as Southern Maryland.

I've always thought of Accokeek as part of Southern Maryland. I'm curious...How many of you in this debate are native to Southern maryland?
(You have to be born here and have generations of family born here.) I think this gives you a better perspective on the meaning of southern maryland.

Magnum

Should be Huntin
greyhound said:
I've always thought of Accokeek as part of Southern Maryland. I'm curious...How many of you in this debate are native to Southern maryland?
(You have to be born here and have generations of family born here.) I think this gives you a better perspective on the meaning of southern maryland.
My grandfather built the house I'm living in when my dad was 1. Born and raised in Brandywine

Magnum

Should be Huntin
LexiGirl75 said:
So you know you have to carry on with the tradition. :huggy:
Yeah I know. I used to be nice there, woods then a golf course on one side, the other fields and swamps. There are still only 2 houses on my road by let's just say the neighbor does not fit in to well... I'm ready to get some concrete and make speed bumbs for her.

Magnum

Should be Huntin
Speedy70 said:
Me too, but much earlier than you. You're just a youngin'! I think one of my cousins graduated in 99 or 00. :confused:
My brother Graduated in 89. Hmm I didn't know a lot of people, I spent most of my time in the greenhouse or running the tractors

Magnum said:
My brother Graduated in 89. Hmm I didn't know a lot of people, I spent most of my time in the greenhouse or running the tractors

Class of '88 here. Send me a pm'r with your brothers name.

donbarzini

LexiGirl75 said:
The Benedict bridge freaked me out when I went over it about two weeks ago. It's so low to the water. Kind of reminds me of the bridge that leads from VA to DC (I think it's either the Roosevelt or 14th St). I didn't like that too much. But, I would have to go over it again to make sure.

It just means you won't fall as far when you hit the water.

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
Magnum said:
Yeah I know. I used to be nice there, woods then a golf course on one side, the other fields and swamps. There are still only 2 houses on my road by let's just say the neighbor does not fit in to well... I'm ready to get some concrete and make speed bumbs for her.

With any luck they probably won't live there too much longer. And you are how old :faint:

I need a V-8 :lmao:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
greyhound said:
Native, you mean an indian? Other than that everyone else is a transplant even if your family came over on the Ark and Dove.

greyhound

Ken King said:
Native, you mean an indian? Other than that everyone else is a transplant even if your family came over on the Ark and Dove.
I did not say "Native American". You are not originaly from So. Md. if you don't use native to describe families who have lived here for generations....You must be, as we natives call them...Transplants.... :howdy:

greyhound said:
You must be, as we natives call them...Transplants.... :howdy:

:lmao: That's what I call my husband (who is originally from Philly, but grew up on the Eastern shore). He knows nothing about raising tobacco...they're all about corn over there! :killingme

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
greyhound said:
I did not say "Native American". You are not originaly from So. Md. if you don't use native to describe families who have lived here for generations....You must be, as we natives call them...Transplants.... :howdy:
I must be, huh? I'm third generation in the county, though not born here due to my father being in the military and somewhere along the line I am related to the Mattingly bloodline. Natives are those that have always been here and you nor your family have been unless you are native indians, other then that you yourself must be a transplant (granted I suspect a wider root base and a straighter trunk for your family tree).