St. Mary's County Pigskin Football

drjordan

Below is a link to St. Mary's Co. Pigskin football website, if you'll know of anyone involved with the league please send them this link. Also don't forget sign the guest book. Any suggestions feel free to contact me.

http://home.earthlink.net/~smpfl/

Last edited:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
:shocking: HOLY BATSHIAT! :shocking: There's gonna be a published schedule! :shocking: For the parents to use and actually plan ahead for games! :shocking:

:notworthy :clap: :notworthy :clap: :notworthy
Thank you, whoever you are! There really IS a God!!!

Last edited:

CMC122

Go Braves!
Originally posted by crabcake
:shocking: HOLY BATSHIAT! :shocking: There's gonna be a published schedule! :shocking: For the parents to use and actually plan ahead for games! :shocking:

:notworthy :clap: :notworthy :clap: :notworthy
Thank you, whoever you are! There really IS a God!!!
Uneffing bolievable! It's about time:clap:

Kismet

oh, gimme a darn break

:boo:

They probably WONT follow ANY schedule.... let alone communicate or include anyone in things that go on...it was HORRIBLE last year.

Oh, YEAH...... its GREAT if you have a boy playing football...
However, my daughter wanted very badly to cheer. & Gave her best effort, despite the poor organization & communication tactics by "the leadership".

The area we were in last year was a COMPLETE DISASTER....the girls on the cheer squad on wanted to do NASTY vulgar cheers, and i gave up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There was NO sense in the COMPLETE unorganized way our cheer squad was handled by the coach. Half the time, i couldnt even get hold of the coach, who worked on cheer practice nights....
And when i tried to help teach cheers, well, the girls had such an attitude tha they didnt give a flying fig newton.

The girls were let down by this league in the first place...
Very FEW of the outfits fit any of the girls at all. We had 9 yr olds, with gilrs' sizes, and the league ordered WOMENS sizes..... Let alone were they decorated in color. No one had a game schedule, nor followed practice schedules, nor directions to any of the games.

And if i remember last year, the BBQ was for football players and their familes, only. When i spoke to the ladys husband on the phone ( who was supposedly in charge of the league), he was rude & totally cruddy on the phone...

If you area team, you are a team, and that includes those who cheer you on, and keep the morale going.
Not just the darn boys... include the girls, too.

Grr. sorry. This struck a very sour note with me.
Didnt mean to gripe, it's just that it was a completely PATHETIC experience last year.
I wouldnt give this league another dime.
It was a total WASTE, and a WASTE of time.

Kismet

a last post about this..

Have to comment, also.

I kept thinking that maybe if i volunteered more. and put more heart into the whoel ordeal, that i caould make a difference, and help these girls enjoy what they wanted to do.

The league couldnt communicate what so ever, and never accepted any help or any of the suggeestions that were proposed to them.

The suggestions would have helped quite a few young girls actually enjoy, and be able to have the opportunity to cheer on the team that they intended to, in the first place.

It seems that when people are in a "certain" section, they get brushed aside.

Overall, pigskin football looks like they spent thier budget on the website. It does look nice.
Now if they could get teh rest of their program as organized and pulled together, as the website seems to appear.

This league let a coach from last year, and quite a few young girls down last year, very badly, by ignoring them, and not listening.

grrrrr....

Steve

Enjoying life!
I have to agree with most of what you say.

Our daughter cheered ONE year, in 2002. Her coach was pretty on top of things, and I think we missed more practices than she ever cancelled. But there was still a degree of disorganization about the whole thing.

One thing to consider is that, unlike the football teams, the cheer teams take girls of all ages on the same squad. This creates an atmosphere where the little ones are not sure what to do, and the older ones are too busy ogling the players. Add to that the 'social' atmosphere among the adults, and very little practice/training occurs.

You're right in the end: they don't take the cheerleaders seriously.

CMC122

Go Braves!
Re: oh, gimme a darn break

Originally posted by Kismet
:boo:

They probably WONT follow ANY schedule.... let alone communicate or include anyone in things that go on...it was HORRIBLE last year.

Oh, YEAH...... its GREAT if you have a boy playing football...
However, my daughter wanted very badly to cheer. & Gave her best effort, despite the poor organization & communication tactics by "the leadership".

The area we were in last year was a COMPLETE DISASTER....the girls on the cheer squad on wanted to do NASTY vulgar cheers, and i gave up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There was NO sense in the COMPLETE unorganized way our cheer squad was handled by the coach. Half the time, i couldnt even get hold of the coach, who worked on cheer practice nights....
And when i tried to help teach cheers, well, the girls had such an attitude tha they didnt give a flying fig newton.

The girls were let down by this league in the first place...
Very FEW of the outfits fit any of the girls at all. We had 9 yr olds, with gilrs' sizes, and the league ordered WOMENS sizes..... Let alone were they decorated in color. No one had a game schedule, nor followed practice schedules, nor directions to any of the games.

And if i remember last year, the BBQ was for football players and their familes, only. When i spoke to the ladys husband on the phone ( who was supposedly in charge of the league), he was rude & totally cruddy on the phone...

If you area team, you are a team, and that includes those who cheer you on, and keep the morale going.
Not just the darn boys... include the girls, too.

Grr. sorry. This struck a very sour note with me.
Didnt mean to gripe, it's just that it was a completely PATHETIC experience last year.
I wouldnt give this league another dime.
It was a total WASTE, and a WASTE of time.
We had the same experience.:ohwell: I refused to let my daughter cheer last year. Her coach was actually good but the whole disorganization of the whole program was awful.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Re: I have to agree with most of what you say.

Originally posted by Steve
they don't take the cheerleaders seriously.

Crap, you're supposed to take cheerleaders seriously? No wonder I didn't have many as friends when I was in high school. :biggrin:

Steve

Enjoying life!
I have witnessed cheer squads denied their Opening Day by-name introductions because the coach didn't show up. The girls weren't even allowed to go on the field. How do think that feels to a young girl that has been practicing for weeks, and is ready to go in front of the crowd on opening day? :burning:

Or what about the short shrift the girls get each year at the Cheer Off? I never saw such a cluster-f*** in my whole life as I saw that day my daughter attended. Uncontrollable chaos, at best.

Steve

Enjoying life!
Re: Re: I have to agree with most of what you say.

Originally posted by cattitude
Crap, you're supposed to take cheerleaders seriously? No wonder I didn't have many as friends when I was in high school. :biggrin:

I took you seriously when you performed that 'special' cheer for me, didn't I? :dance:

sunnydaze

The league is in serious need of cheerleader coaches in the South, if anyone out there is interested we will be having a meeting this week. I am working on getting the south organized but it will only happen if parents volunteer!!

bluecat

Originally posted by CowGirlUp
Have you ever coached before? If I do coach this year, it will be my first year.

Have you ever cheered before ?

I cheered for years but I never coached.

I always thought that once I got older I wouldn't know any more cool moves or cheers for the kids to do.