St. Marys County R&P Youth Football League

Area51

Coming sooon......St. Mary's County Recreation and Parks Youth Football League (SMCRPYFL).

Its the start of something good.

theoldone

Coming sooon......St. Mary's County Recreation and Parks Youth Football League (SMCRPYFL).

Its the start of something good.

You mean a re-start of something good; the county lost it for the last 30 years. I guess they found it again.

Zguy28

You mean a re-start of something good; the county lost it for the last 30 years. I guess they found it again.
I don't think that comparison is sound. 30 years ago this county was basically little more than a backwater. A far cry from where it is today.

hollywood33

Don't know if SMCRPYFL is a suppose joke or what, they need to drop the RP (it's just to damn long).

SMYFL or SMCYFL

Not even sure why it can't be still called SMYFL, but change the SM to St. Mary's.....that's what the MD States know us as...why change it????

yeti

Don't know if SMCRPYFL is a suppose joke or what, they need to drop the RP (it's just to damn long).

SMYFL or SMCYFL

Not even sure why it can't be still called SMYFL, but change the SM to St. Mary's.....that's what the MD States know us as...why change it????

I saw it on a document that Sean had which was sent to him from R&P. Apparently the Raiders objected to anything close to SMYFL so you get SMCRAPYFL. How funny is it that the first year there are two clubs out of four named the Raiders playing in the St. Marys CRAPY Football League.

Zguy28

I saw it on a document that Sean had which was sent to him from R&P. Apparently the Raiders objected to anything close to SMYFL so you get SMCRAPYFL. How funny is it that the first year there are two clubs out of four named the Raiders playing in the St. Marys CRAPY Football League.
Won't somebody think of the children? :sarcasm:

I bet the players couldn't care less what its called.

F

footballnut101

Agree the kids could care less. Just give them some grass and some goal posts and they are happy to just be together and play. Thats what it is all about playing and learning and having FUN.

hollywood33

That is true!!

It is just crazy because there is already drama. If the Pax River Raiders don't want to be linked to something closely named "SMYFL", what else are they going to do???? So, it was ok being in the "Calvert League" (whatever the proper name is) but your from St.Mary's County?

Honestly, it is not like the league needed that club, so don't flatter yourself, they don't want to be linked to "SMYFL", got their own money making football camp...It's always something!

And to the point about there being 2 Raiders Clubs...SMYFL is based off the High Schools....NOT the Oakland Raiders, i'm sure Pax doesn't want to buy a bunch of new stickers and shirts, but if the kids use to get to keep the shirts, how hard would it be to change?

Last edited:

4mykids

dude i am playing with smyfl last year and this year but lets get real. smyfl does need the raiders cause we did not have enough kids last year. the raiders had there league for all this time and had smyfl not come into the picture they would still be playing in calvert which is where they want to be. i chose smyfl cause there weight chart was better for my kid and now i have friends coaching with smyfl so ill stay. but seriously they should keep there name cause theyve had it longer.

i got friends that play in there league too and if we start this back and forth or actually keep it going its just gonna make the season miserable. we finally have a league in st marys that isnt run by the kemps which is what so many wanted and now why are we gonna just start fights about jerseys and who needs who?

do you really just want all the good teams with the braves and no real competition to play against all season? i know i dont--i am happy we have another club in the league.

Zguy28

dude i am playing with smyfl last year and this year but lets get real. smyfl does need the raiders cause we did not have enough kids last year. the raiders had there league for all this time and had smyfl not come into the picture they would still be playing in calvert which is where they want to be. i chose smyfl cause there weight chart was better for my kid and now i have friends coaching with smyfl so ill stay. but seriously they should keep there name cause theyve had it longer.

i got friends that play in there league too and if we start this back and forth or actually keep it going its just gonna make the season miserable. we finally have a league in st marys that isnt run by the kemps which is what so many wanted and now why are we gonna just start fights about jerseys and who needs who?

do you really just want all the good teams with the braves and no real competition to play against all season? i know i dont--i am happy we have another club in the league.
I was just being sarcastic about how serious some adults get about youth sports. I agree with coaches being serious, they have a big responsibility, but some people just make it about themselves, not their kid.

I'm glad the Raiders decided to play in the St. Mary's league too. The more kids in St. Mary's playing youth football the better it will be for them and for the High School teams down the line.

I can't wait til this Fall.

I was just being sarcastic about how serious some adults get about youth sports. I agree with coaches being serious, they have a big responsibility, but some people just make it about themselves, not their kid.

I'm glad the Raiders decided to play in the St. Mary's league too. The more kids in St. Mary's playing youth football the better it will be for them and for the High School teams down the line.

I can't wait til this Fall.

I am also glad the Pax Raiders joined the St. Mary's league. My son played for them last year, and it was the most enjoyable year, out of the 4 years, he has played.

I hope the St. Mary's league is as organized as the Raiders were last year. Equipment issue was a breeze, weigh ins were a breeze, opening day was a breeze, equipment turn in was a breeze. It was lovely after 3 years of the Kemp "clusterfvck" when it came to the above functions.

SoccerMom2

I am also glad the Pax Raiders joined the St. Mary's league. My son played for them last year, and it was the most enjoyable year, out of the 4 years, he has played.

I hope the St. Mary's league is as organized as the Raiders were last year. Equipment issue was a breeze, weigh ins were a breeze, opening day was a breeze, equipment turn in was a breeze. It was lovely after 3 years of the Kemp "clusterfvck" when it came to the above functions.

Wow i didn't know the Raiders joined the St. Marys league. Can't wait to tell the Hubby. My son loved playing flag football last year.

Walt_Kowalski

sir is it just posible that the Kemps did things the right way after 30 plus years in the buisness they might just got the systems to be the most effective as posible and was realy the only way it could have been done with the amount of kids

the raiders had to deal with one club in one area and did niot have to manage a hole league they simply had to register kids and play football someone alse took care of managing the league

footballmom

sir is it just posible that the Kemps did things the right way after 30 plus years in the buisness they might just got the systems to be the most effective as posible and was realy the only way it could have been done with the amount of kids

the raiders had to deal with one club in one area and did niot have to manage a hole league they simply had to register kids and play football someone alse took care of managing the league

I can't believe I am going to say this, but I agree with some of what you are saying. I am a supporter of SMYFL. My sons played for them last year. They had to do their own schedule, field permits, weighins, equipment fittings, etc. Pax River just signed up kids and played. In the St. Mary's league they still don't have to do their own schedule or weigh in. Go SMYFL!!!

concerndad1972

I am happy with the return of Pigskin this season. I heard Don & Trude have met with Arthur and the approval has been given. People realized last season how much Pigskin was missed. WELCOME BACK DON & TRUDE!!!!

They don't have a $75,000 bill owed to Riddell and a $5000 bill owed to the county for lights. Heard that Riddell is coming after SMYFL and that they are coming to get the equipment.

Pigskin again will run the county in football. The way it always should have been. These overnight clubs like Raiders and SMYFL, leave it to the professionals when it comes to tackle football.

4mykids

please! not another angle to start bashing someone or putting pigskin on a pedestal that crumbled a long time ago. if the kemps want to come back then by all means, put another club in the smc league!

lets all agree to look forward and keep the past behind us. we all think our clubs or leagues are the best. wonderful! lets put our best forward, play under the st mary's county's rules, and keep the competition on the fields instead of the "front office".

this crap should all be done now. we have a league. we have clubs. we have kids. we have uniforms. we have equipment. we have coaches. we dont need any bs! we just need to play some football!!!!

4mykids

I am happy with the return of Pigskin this season. I heard Don & Trude have met with Arthur and the approval has been given. People realized last season how much Pigskin was missed. WELCOME BACK DON & TRUDE!!!!

They don't have a $75,000 bill owed to Riddell and a $5000 bill owed to the county for lights. Heard that Riddell is coming after SMYFL and that they are coming to get the equipment.

Pigskin again will run the county in football. The way it always should have been. These overnight clubs like Raiders and SMYFL, leave it to the professionals when it comes to tackle football.

pigskin may get in as a club sir, but they are not running the league. the county has finally stepped up to take care of that.

and this whole 75k thing is obviously another bad rumor. i can recall on at least 3 occassions pat murphy saying that riddell donated all of our equipment last year so why in the world would smyfl owe anyone 75k.