St. Marys County R&P Youth Football League

Zguy28

Thanks for the scoop!!

Honestly, I'm glad the Raiders are onboard, hopefully everone can get on the same page and convince R&P to get these fields worked on!!

That would be great. Finally some good in county competition. Now everybody needs their own home field. Everything takes time. Hopefully, next year this will happen.

I don't expect it even next year, but in the years to follow, hopefully it will grow and St. Mary's will have enough participants to be able to field another club or two and each have their home field.

I'd love to see a few games on a Friday night at the local high schools prior to a home Varsity game too. Make it a spirit night or something and get the whole local community/high school fanbase to come out.

footballmom

thenks frank the truth of the matter is we need to get to the bottom of this for the sake of the children

You woke up at 6:00am to tell everybody that 4mykids was Frank Moneymaker. Too funny. We already knew that. Figured it out days ago. Everybod knows that Frank doesn't use capitalization. Ha!ha! Thanks for telling everybody on this forum that the person spreading rumors is someone who has a grudge against Pax River and SMYFL. It sure does make sense. Have a nice day. Go SMYFL!

Last edited:

4mykids

You woke up at 6:00am to tell everybody that 4mykids was Frank Moneymaker. Too funny. We already knew that. Figured it out days ago. Everybod knows that Frank doesn't use capitalization. Ha!ha! Thanks for telling everybody on this forum that the person spreading rumors is someone who has a grudge against Pax River and SMYFL. It sure does make sense. Have a nice day. Go SMYFL!

lol, i am not frank moneymaker and i didn't know that there was a trademark on typing in lowercase. i would suggest you look through my posts and take note that i did not start any rumors nor did i forge any attacks on any football leagues. i did ask questions based upon other peoples posts that suggested that smyfl may have some financial problems that could leave its league (including my family) vulnerable or in jeopardy of not having a season.

footballmom--one could infer from your posts that you are in a leadership role with smyfl...or married to someone who is in a leadership role. i am hoping that is not the case for the sake of the league. i realize how smyfl leadership...raiders leadership...pigskin leadership...etc...could and probably should be paranoid about the posts on this site. but i am just a parent with a kid in the smyfl league...one more kid to join in 2011...and i have 2 boys that play highschool ball. yes i asked some questions that are not kum ba ya go smyfl, but i take care of my family and feel entitled to ask questions about any organization that my children are effected by. if the league is afraid of my questions or anyone elses questions than it suggests theres something to hide and i don't think thats the case--so chill out fbmom.

if the league is taking the position that questions are not welcome, please let me know now.

concerndad1972

lol, i am not frank moneymaker and i didn't know that there was a trademark on typing in lowercase. i would suggest you look through my posts and take note that i did not start any rumors nor did i forge any attacks on any football leagues. i did ask questions based upon other peoples posts that suggested that smyfl may have some financial problems that could leave its league (including my family) vulnerable or in jeopardy of not having a season.

footballmom--one could infer from your posts that you are in a leadership role with smyfl...or married to someone who is in a leadership role. i am hoping that is not the case for the sake of the league. i realize how smyfl leadership...raiders leadership...pigskin leadership...etc...could and probably should be paranoid about the posts on this site. but i am just a parent with a kid in the smyfl league...one more kid to join in 2011...and i have 2 boys that play highschool ball. yes i asked some questions that are not kum ba ya go smyfl, but i take care of my family and feel entitled to ask questions about any organization that my children are effected by. if the league is afraid of my questions or anyone elses questions than it suggests theres something to hide and i don't think thats the case--so chill out fbmom.

if the league is taking the position that questions are not welcome, please let me know now.

I have been with Pigskin for many years, my two boys played in Pigskin and now my Grandson plays as well for Pigskin. My Grandson did not play last season because I wasn't going to travel all over the country to play for the Raiders and I was not going to be a part of the SMYFL. My choice.

I find it odd if you post anything on here that is negative about SMYFL or ask questions they have to start on you. I find that odd, does the truth hurt?

Why won't the President of SMYFL post something on here stating that Riddell is not coming to get their equipment and that 80K is owed to Riddell. The President seems to have no problem posting things as Zguy, but won't post as the President.

It is not a rumor, Pigskin football is coming back and the only worries that SMYFL has is that Pigskin will take the North kids. Why would an area like Lexington Park have two clubs, but they won't split the Northen end of the county up?

Pigskin is returning like it or not. Don ran this league for 30 years and had over 1500 kids, he didn't run to the county when he had debt and couldn't pay it.

Glad to have you back Pigskin!!!

I also have another question? Why is the Hornets, Wildcats & Braves still listed under SMYFL, thought they were there own clubs.

Zguy28

I have been with Pigskin for many years, my two boys played in Pigskin and now my Grandson plays as well for Pigskin. My Grandson did not play last season because I wasn't going to travel all over the country to play for the Raiders and I was not going to be a part of the SMYFL. My choice.

I find it odd if you post anything on here that is negative about SMYFL or ask questions they have to start on you. I find that odd, does the truth hurt?
We are just wondering when people will grow up and let kids play football and not try to live vicariously through their children.

Why won't the President of SMYFL post something on here stating that Riddell is not coming to get their equipment and that 80K is owed to Riddell. The President seems to have no problem posting things as Zguy, but won't post as the President.
I'm the Information and Web Commissioner, not the Director or a club President. :howdy:

It is not a rumor, Pigskin football is coming back and the only worries that SMYFL has is that Pigskin will take the North kids.
We aren't worried. We just find the notion of Pigskins returning ridiculous.
Why would an area like Lexington Park have two clubs, but they won't split the Northen end of the county up?
Because last year their was only one club in the southern end of the county that played in St. Mary's? Now the Raiders are here.

Pigskin is returning like it or not. Don ran this league for 30 years and had over 1500 kids, he didn't run to the county when he had debt and couldn't pay it.
How many kids did he have the last four years?

Be honest. It wasn't 1500.

I also have another question? Why is the Hornets, Wildcats & Braves still listed under SMYFL, thought they were there own clubs.
Eventually they will probably be independent. I'm not sure what the exact plan is for that since I haven't been at the meetings with the club presidents and R&P.

yeti

It is not a rumor, Pigskin football is coming back and the only worries that SMYFL has is that Pigskin will take the North kids. Why would an area like Lexington Park have two clubs, but they won't split the Northen end of the county up?

Do you know which one of the four clubs Pigskin will be playing under? On the County's official website there will be four clubs for the 2010 season.

http://www.co.saint-marys.md.us/docs/football.pdf

In addition Pigskin isnt even list in the League contact directory.

http://www.co.saint-marys.md.us/docs/youthandadultssportscontactdirectory.pdf

Can you explain why the County sent a letter to Pigskin mandating that they remove all of their property from Lancaster, Dorsey and 5th District Park if they are really participating in 2010?

Last edited:

yeti

If your intent is to really find out the information then I am 100% certain you could call or email SMYFL and get an official response.

However, if your intent is to try and stir the pot based on rumors you can just keep asking the same questions on this forum.

4mykids

If your intent is to really find out the information then I am 100% certain you could call or email SMYFL and get an official response.

However, if your intent is to try and stir the pot based on rumors you can just keep asking the same questions on this forum.

if i am not supposed to gain information from these forums than why do league presidents and representatives initiate threads to disseminate information?

at what point have i repeatedly asked questions and blatantly tried to stir the pot? i responded to some posts by others and asked additional questions.

since you are passing out unsolicited advice on when and why i should or should not post i have some for you in return…when you are leading an organization that depends on hard working moms and dads placing there trust in your organization…trust that the money they spend and or donate will produce the promised products…and trust that the organization will provide a positive experience for there children and themselves…then you should not make accusations against the very people in which you need to sustain your organization.

i understand that people come on here bash leagues and people but i have not done that. please do not stereotype and please do not include me in that group. i have asked questions and some have been to dispel rumors that i have heard. if that offends you then i certainly apologize but you have to be prepared to deal with arduous questions at this point…its not like you didn’t know that the smc football situation was a sensitive subject.

so please do us all a favor and realize that its ok for everyone including smyfl supporters…especially smyfl supporters…to have questions or concerns.

concerndad1972

Do you know which one of the four clubs Pigskin will be playing under? On the County's official website there will be four clubs for the 2010 season.

http://www.co.saint-marys.md.us/docs/football.pdf

In addition Pigskin isnt even list in the League contact directory.

http://www.co.saint-marys.md.us/docs/youthandadultssportscontactdirectory.pdf

Can you explain why the County sent a letter to Pigskin mandating that they remove all of their property from Lancaster, Dorsey and 5th District Park if they are really participating in 2010?

Why did Peter pick peppers?

Why didn't Fuzzy Wuzzy have any hair?

I don't know why they sent Pigskin a letter, did u see it? I am sure you can call Pigskin and get a direct answer from them or are you just stirring the pot?

Pigskin is coming back as their own league. They don't need Arthur to bail them out of their debt. I think SMYFL should have been in the Olympics as fast as they ran to the county.

I didn't see in the breakdown given earlier how much the trophies where that the kids received from SMYFL?

Zguy28

if i am not supposed to gain information from these forums than why do league presidents and representatives initiate threads to disseminate information?
Please read post #30 and let me know if that answers your questions. :howdy:

Zguy28

I don't know why they sent Pigskin a letter, did u see it? I am sure you can call Pigskin and get a direct answer from them or are you just stirring the pot?

Pigskin is coming back as their own league. They don't need Arthur to bail them out of their debt. I think SMYFL should have been in the Olympics as fast as they ran to the county.

I didn't see in the breakdown given earlier how much the trophies where that the kids received from SMYFL?
Look, we didn't run to the County, they determined what they were going to do, with or without SMYFL, and we decided it was best for the KIDS to work with R&P and join the new league. We felt that the R&P would provide unbiased oversight on things like weight, age, etc. and that it would lighten the load required of volunteers to run a county-wide football program. This would allow volunteers to focus more on their local community and clubs instead of being stretched. County involvement is good for the kids, good for the volunteers, and good for youth football right now.

What I don't understand is how you can think that Pigskins return would be a positive in St. Mary's County right now?

What do Don and Trude bring to the table that is better than what the SMRP YFL will provide in 2010?

yeti

Not a rumor at all, that is why Arthur has met with Don and Trude to make sure they will be able to take the North and the Central.

So is Pigskin working with Arthur or are they coming back as a league of thier own? Seems like you dont even know.......

yeti

So funny you ask about a budget and trophies.....

I think everyone missed Pigskins cost breakdown, would you happen to have a copy?

Was SMYFL supposed to make thier own trophies and pocket the profit?

You are the pot calling the kettle black since Pigskin was trying to sell for around 90k, which was supposedly the amount owed from previous years. Pigskin didnt need Arthur to bail them out of their debt they just needed to sell the entire Pigskin operation to get out of debt and cancel a season. Pigskin should have been in the Olympics as fast as they tried to sell the league.

You see the point....this is ridiculous.

4mykids

Please read post #30 and let me know if that answers your questions. :howdy:

please see posts >30 and note that i have not asked a single question since the responses were provided.

ive only posted to defend myself for having asked questions in the first place. see how it worked out people...asked a question...received an answer...satisified with answer...did not repeat the question. but yet somehow that turned me into pat moneymaker and a smyfl and raiders basher?

SMYFL

Are you Ready For Some Football?

Hey everybody, just wanted to post this latest article about the SMRP YFL in case somebody missed it.

SMYFL looks forward to a great 2010 in St. Mary's youth football and to playing with the Pax River Raiders. With third party oversight and working together we can build off the success of both organizations to make youth football and cheer an even better and more positive experience for the kids of St. Mary's County than ever before!

As always, if you have any questions about anything with SMYFL, please email us or call us. Our contact info is on our website Southern MD Youth Football League.

Here's the article:

Are you Ready For Some Football?

Are you Ready For Some Football? - Southern Maryland News, Charles County, Calvert County and St. Mary's County News

St. Mary's County Recreation and Parks announced the specifics for the 2010 Youth Football season. After a lot of deliberation, the county's club model debuts with four clubs for young footballers 5-14 years old.

The four clubs, with home field designation, and corresponding volunteer organizations are:

Leonardtown Wildcats (Former Blue Raiders) Dorsey Park

Lexington Park Hornets Lancaster Park

Mechanicsville Braves 5th District Park

Pax River Raiders Lancaster Park

Click on the above hyperlinks for registration information and visit Southern MD Youth Football League and Pax River Raiders St. Mary's County Youth Football & Cheerleading for details on the rules and schedules, plus available summer camps and programs.

The county is providing oversight beginning this year, but registration continues to be directly through the SMYFL and Pax River Raiders organizations. Both groups also offer cheerleading programs.

Recreation Director Arthur Shepherd said, "Recreation and Parks is looking forward to an exciting football season and helping provide a positive youth sports experience for kids in St. Mary's."

angelbaby

please see posts >30 and note that i have not asked a single question since the responses were provided.

ive only posted to defend myself for having asked questions in the first place. see how it worked out people...asked a question...received an answer...satisified with answer...did not repeat the question. but yet somehow that turned me into pat moneymaker and a smyfl and raiders basher?

:killingme.....Pat Moneymaker:killingme

Last edited: