St. Mary's Pigskin Football

Christy

b*tch rocket
Ya know, I've not read through all of these posts, but I get the gist. :lol:

Am I the only one who really enjoyed listening to Don Kemp cuss and yell at the kids, coaches, and ref's? :shrug: :lmao: He was like a breath of fresh air in this overly PC world. :drama:

Christy

b*tch rocket
Just Me said:
What ever happened to the good old days? I'm an ex St. Mary's Co. pigskin football player (77-80) and high school ball after that. The coaches padded you up, mom boiled some water and made your mouth piece fit. I can still feel the excrutiating burn/pain. Practice three times a week and games on Saturday. Trust me, not everyone's helmet and or pads fit and no one ever was seriously injured. For the most part, the guy's and a girl I played with enjoyed just playing football and didn't complain. You now why? We didn't have all of these whyne "a" parent's complaining about every little thing that goes wrong in a league. Quit trying to pretend you can shelter your child from the realities in life and pretend your offended by someone's vulgar language. Have you walked through the halls of a middle/high school lately? It's football people. A violent sport. By the way, cancelling a football game because it's too cold , too rainy, I'm worried about my kid getting hurt, BS, you just don't want to be out there watching your kid in it. Football's all about "MAH" Mobile, Agile and Hostile. Get over it.

:love:

football_parent

Oh yes; I enjoy having my 5 & 7 year olds listen to the ranting, raving, and vulgar language exhibited by Mr. Kemp. Obviously I can't protect my kids from all things, all the time. I still go back to the slip parents sign stating that we agree not to act up during games (which from most accounts doesn't prevent it). Why is this poor behavior okay for Mr. Kemp?

Christy

b*tch rocket
football_parent said:
Oh yes; I enjoy having my 5 & 7 year olds listen to the ranting, raving, and vulgar language exhibited by Mr. Kemp. Obviously I can't protect my kids from all things, all the time. I still go back to the slip parents sign stating that we agree not to act up during games (which from most accounts doesn't prevent it). Why is this poor behavior okay for Mr. Kemp?
I have no desire to pick a fight with you, however, you're trying to protect your child from ranting, raving, and vulgar language, while sending him out there to pummel another little boy (or girl). I just see the irony in it all. "Go out there and hit that kid as hard as you can, but close your ears sweetie, we wouldn't want you damaged by cussing or someone calling you stupid". :shocking:

Our poor male children don't stand a chance anymore. It's castration by coddle. :twitch:

smilin

BOXER NATION
football_parent said:
I spoke to one of the Pigskin coaches about the league several days ago. I'm paraphrasing here...but he commented that Mr. Kemp owns a sports equipment outfitting company. And that Mr. Kemp sells equipment to St. Marys Pigskin; but he sells the equipment at a greatly reduced price. Can anyone confirm?

That's what Don said on the radeeo shoo the other day.

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
Christy said:
I have no desire to pick a fight with you, however, you're trying to protect your child from ranting, raving, and vulgar language, while sending him out there to pummel another little boy (or girl). I just see the irony in it all. "Go out there and hit that kid as hard as you can, but close your ears sweetie, we wouldn't want you damaged by cussing or someone calling you stupid". :shocking:

Our poor male children don't stand a chance anymore. It's castration by coddle. :twitch:

now thats a little harsh my little boy did not pummel anyone even though I told him to go out there and knock the livin sh!t out of the offensive end :killingme

smilin

BOXER NATION
Removed posts

football_parent said:
Noticed that I went online to visit the St. Marys Pigskin football website forums that my posts were removed. Apparently I struck a nerve by posting my comments. To summarize, I questioned whether or not it was appropriate for Mr. Kemp to swear and carry on in front of our kids. Likewise, I commented that he should be held to a higher standard. Everyone that has children participating in St. Mary's Pigskin should be afforded the opportunity to voice their concerns in a civil manner. It's a shame that differing opinions are not respected. Has anyone else had their posts removed?

Every site has the option of removing posts from it's own site. Just look at all the posts about last year's (2004) Pigskin season on THIS site (There are none at all - for the whole season!) . I believe there was a slight officiating controversy which rubbed a few people the wrong way.

Last edited:

SouthCountyMom

smilin said:
Let's see what happens after the County meets to decide on March 7.
Since you post on this site you got me reading all the old stuff from the past season....WOW....What do you think the county will do??I just pray they take over or allow the new league to be apart of football.

GhostWriter

SouthCountyMom said:
Since you post on this site you got me reading all the old stuff from the past season....WOW....What do you think the county will do??I just pray they take over or allow the new league to be apart of football.

The county has nothing to do with the new league starting on it's own. The county just want's to be able to take over and dictate everything that goes on, which would include dismissing any league president that they decide is necessary, which would include the president of south county or any other organization that may start under the county. If the county decides not to take over football, then south county can go forward with it's own rules, weight and age charts, etc. without dictation from the county.

GhostWriter

Pigskin re-affiliated with Pop Warner

St. Mary's Pigskin football after has decided to go back to Pop Warner football. Pop Warner modeled a pilot program after Pigskins for 5 and 6 yr old kids to play tackle football last year and this program was successful for Pop Warner. Now that Pop Warner has incorporated 5 and 6 yr old into their program Pigskin has decided to re-affiliated their program with this national affiliation. This affiliation will give the kids of Pigskin football and cheerleading more opportunities to play out of county games as well as the chance to play regional playoffs and even the chance to play at the Pop Warner Super Bowl held in Florida.

To make sure everyone understands, the rules that Pigskin plays by are Pop Warner rules from when the organization was affiliated with Pop Warner before so that does not change. The weight and age charts are slightly different, which will be posted on the pigskin website soon - http://www.stmaryspigskinfootball.com If you would like more information you can email pigskin's at info@stmaryspigskinfootball.com.

SouthCountyMom

GhostWriter said:
The county has nothing to do with the new league starting on it's own. The county just want's to be able to take over and dictate everything that goes on, which would include dismissing any league president that they decide is necessary, which would include the president of south county or any other organization that may start under the county. If the county decides not to take over football, then south county can go forward with it's own rules, weight and age charts, etc. without dictation from the county.
If they do dismiss the president I'm sure they would have to have proof of wrong doing.Unlike Pigskin. All the complaints about the league and the President and there still nothing done to him. Is he still the President or on the board???? In that said, I still am all for the county. How can you not be. I do believe this is a Southern forum, you never see anything withe Calvert or Charles football leagues on here.

smilin

BOXER NATION
SouthCountyMom said:
If they do dismiss the president I'm sure they would have to have proof of wrong doing.Unlike Pigskin. All the complaints about the league and the President and there still nothing done to him. Is he still the President or on the board???? In that said, I still am all for the county. How can you not be. I do believe this is a Southern forum, you never see anything withe Calvert or Charles football leagues on here.

I have spoken to a few of my frinds in Calvert whose kids play football and asked them why they don't post on here. They told me they don't want to be associated with anything over here because it is such a mess. They have been playing for quite a few years and a few of them played in Pigskin. They then moved to other leagues because Pigskin was so disorganized and were so nasty when they suggested anything.
They told me it is such a great change to have schedules posted at the beginning of the season, a web site that works and full accountability of the board or any raffle ticket sales/fundraising done.
Maybe that's why the county is getting involved - they have the same idea.
It is too bad, because Pigskin could be a great all encompassing organization instead of: the League Vs. the Morons (ie. everyone else, since they don't know what they are doing).

smilin

BOXER NATION
GhostWriter said:

Any way you look at it, now parents will have a choice as to where they think the best organization is for their kids.

slotted

Since someone mentioned the raffle. I was under the assumption that the raffle was supposed to be help on opening day. I have not seen this for the past 3 years that I have attended and still have no clue who has won any of them.

What gives?

GhostWriter

SouthCountyMom said:

The president of Pigskin gets 98% praise and 2% complaints, the president of the US gets about 50 - 50 and he still is president. The pigskin president gives a lot of time to this football league and has done that for 30 years. One of the main reasons I'm not for the county is because independent organizations have been proven throughout little league sports (baseball, soccer, lacrosse, etc.) that they can provide a higher level experience then a government administered program. Everyone has the right to believe what they want.......

GhostWriter

smilin said:
I have spoken to a few of my frinds in Calvert whose kids play football and asked them why they don't post on here. They told me they don't want to be associated with anything over here because it is such a mess. They have been playing for quite a few years and a few of them played in Pigskin. They then moved to other leagues because Pigskin was so disorganized and were so nasty when they suggested anything.
They told me it is such a great change to have schedules posted at the beginning of the season, a web site that works and full accountability of the board or any raffle ticket sales/fundraising done.
Maybe that's why the county is getting involved - they have the same idea.
It is too bad, because Pigskin could be a great all encompassing organization instead of: the League Vs. the Morons (ie. everyone else, since they don't know what they are doing).

There are also several kids that play with the pigskin league who come over from Calvert to play...... Pigskin will also be posting a full 2006 schedule before the season begins and I will get the fundraising information posted on the website. As far as the board, as soon as it's finialized it will be posted.