Stanley cup playoff

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
4-2, Penguins

Now that's more like it!

Looks like it might be shaping up to be a close copy of last year -- here's hoping the end outcome is a little bit different this year! :cheers:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Now that's more like it!

Looks like it might be shaping up to be a close copy of last year -- here's hoping the end outcome is a little bit different this year! :cheers:
Nah. I think the Pens just played their best game.

I still stick by 5 games.

Baz

This. ------------------>
Now that's more like it!

The Pens are playing better than last year. They could have easily won one of the games in Detroit this week (if not both.) Last year they got killed.

Ask Washington fans: Luck runs out.

Seems the refs were told to actually call penalties for tonight's game, which explains the exciting hockey we saw. Took Detroit by surprise. Amazing how only having 1 goalie changes things. :lol: Sorry Zett's...no goaltending for you tonight!

Pens take this back to Detroit tied.

Last edited:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Wanna bet?
Depends on what it is. This series is meaningless for me really.

The Pens haven't played well enough to win this series and that's without Detroits best player.

I'm just calling it as I see it.

Baz

Depends on what it is. This series is meaningless for me really.

The Pens haven't played well enough to win this series and that's without Detroits best player.

I'm just calling it as I see it.

I guess you're right about not wanting to risk an avatar bet in a series neither of our teams are in. I certainly don't want to have to carry a Caps logo avatar if the Pens crap the bed. I'd risk it for the Canes, but they're golfing.

Not surprising, I see this series differently than you do. The Pens easily could have won either (or both) of the games in Detroit, and Pittsburgh looked strong again last night.

And Detroit's best players have been on the ice all series. Lidstrom, Zetterburg, and Hossa.

BuddyLee

Football addict
I guess you're right about not wanting to risk an avatar bet in a series neither of our teams are in. I certainly don't want to have to carry a Caps logo avatar if the Pens crap the bed. I'd risk it for the Canes, but they're golfing.

Not surprising, I see this series differently than you do. The Pens easily could have won either (or both) of the games in Detroit, and Pittsburgh looked strong again last night.

And Detroit's best players have been on the ice all series. Lidstrom, Zetterburg, and Hossa.
I see the Pens playing physical but Detroit is matching that physicality. Detroit also has four lines that can bring it. I'll give you this, they're putting shots on goal but Osgood has been pretty good. If Pitt takes the penalty for six men on ice they probably wouldn't have scored that second goal and we're looking at a totally different game. However, even though the sixth man was on for 25+ seconds, the other team must overcome bad calls.

Detroit has a bunch of good players. One of their best and in the running for MVP, Datsyuk hasn't been playing.

Baz

I see the Pens playing physical but Detroit is matching that physicality. Detroit also has four lines that can bring it. I'll give you this, they're putting shots on goal but Osgood has been pretty good. If Pitt takes the penalty for six men on ice they probably wouldn't have scored that second goal and we're looking at a totally different game. However, even though the sixth man was on for 25+ seconds, the other team must overcome bad calls.

Detroit has a bunch of good players. One of their best and in the running for MVP, Datsyuk hasn't been playing.

Playing the "IF" card is pretty weak, anyways. "IF" Zetterberg gets called for covering the puck in the crease during game 1 AND game 2 (as he should have been) the Pens would have had two penalty shots.

Last edited:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Playing the "IF" card is pretty weak, anyways. "IF" Zetterberg gets called for covering the puck in the crease during game 1 AND game 2 (as he should have been) the Pens would have had two penalty shots.
That still doesn't dispel that the Pens weren't that dominant in game 3, which will probably be their best effort.