Stanley Cup Playoffs

B

Beaver-Cleaver

Here's how it looks so far: NHL.com - Standings: 2008-2009 Playoffs: First Round Matchups

Looks like Washington will be playing Montreal, and they've had a good record against them. Hopefully, Ovechkin, Mike Green and the Caps can bring Lord Stanley's Cup to Washington! :buddies:

They've got to get rid of Theodore, or at least miracalously turn him into a good goal keeper.

OldHillcrestGuy

Way to early to say who the Caps will play, yes there are only 3 games left, but standings are way to close, anywhere from 2nd to 8th place can change with just one game being played. You would hope that maybe the Caps would get Montreal in the first round and let Philly, Pitt, New Jersey and Carolina battle it out in their first round games, those are the 4 hottest teams in the conference, other then Boston right now. Caps are not playing their best hockey for the past month or so, they better step it up or its going to be a one round hockey or 18 holes on the golf course.
Theodore is not the goalie the Caps need in the playoffs gives up to many soft goals.

OldHillcrestGuy

Caps/flyers.... First Round :buddies: Cant wait!!!

No thank you, your Lordship, I'd much rather you play redhot Carolina or the high scoring Penquins and battle it out with either of those teams and be worn out before, or if they should meet the Caps. Include the Devils in there also.
I'd like to see Caps playing Montreal in the first round, the way the Caps have been coasting the last month or so I sure hope they wake up for the playoffs. Maybe playing Montreal could maybe wake Theodore up against his old team and he plays well.

B

Beaver-Cleaver

No thank you, your Lordship, I'd much rather you play redhot Carolina or the high scoring Penquins and battle it out with either of those teams and be worn out before, or if they should meet the Caps. Include the Devils in there also.
I'd like to see Caps playing Montreal in the first round, the way the Caps have been coasting the last month or so I sure hope they wake up for the playoffs. Maybe playing Montreal could maybe wake Theodore up against his old team and he plays well.

Theodore needs to go to Digger's hole. :buttkick:

Can we get Huet back?

Crewdawg141

IYAMYAS!!!!!
Way to early to say who the Caps will play, yes there are only 3 games left, but standings are way to close, anywhere from 2nd to 8th place can change with just one game being played. You would hope that maybe the Caps would get Montreal in the first round and let Philly, Pitt, New Jersey and Carolina battle it out in their first round games, those are the 4 hottest teams in the conference, other then Boston right now. Caps are not playing their best hockey for the past month or so, they better step it up or its going to be a one round hockey or 18 holes on the golf course.
Theodore is not the goalie the Caps need in the playoffs gives up to many soft goals.

One can only hope that Varlamov can develop into the needed future goalie!

JosephIV

The Caps have looked great all season except against the Flyers. It's funny to see the seats packed with fairweather fans. Where were these people 2 years ago?

My money is on Detroit repeating. We shall see.......

LordStanley

I know nothing
The Caps have looked great all season except against the Flyers. It's funny to see the seats packed with fairweather fans. Where were these people 2 years ago?

Tim Thomas is going to be hard to beat.... I think its Bostons year!

JosephIV

I wouldn't mind seeing Boston win it. My secret shame is that I have a Bruins practice jersey. I was a huge Cam Nealy fan. Nice to see them and the Blackhawks doing fairly well this year.

Peter Forsberg

They be rockin the PINK now that they are winning. :killingme