Stanley Cup Playoffs

OldHillcrestGuy

This season, yeah...

Huet hasn't exactly set the world on fire in Chicago this year. Actually Theodore has played better, but then just about any goalie would have about the same record as Theodore with the offense the Caps has. Boy just think how many wins we could have had if we had either Thomas from Boston, or the rookie in Columbus as our goalie.

LordStanley

I know nothing
Huet hasn't exactly set the world on fire in Chicago this year. Actually Theodore has played better, but then just about any goalie would have about the same record as Theodore with the offense the Caps has. Boy just think how many wins we could have had if we had either Thomas from Boston, or the rookie in Columbus as our goalie.

or Kolzig...

:yeahthat:

Like I said... Boston is going to be hard to beat because of thomas... Now the west, Im not sure of. There are a lot of decent goal tenders over there.
But the playoffs are always a different beast.

Heck tonight was a great example... Flyers and rangers. Both teams were non-stop, balls to the wall. Great Game to watch. However, it came down to game saving stops by the net minders... Lundqvist made the better saves when it matterd.

That right there is what is going to carry a team through the playoffs.

To be honest... I dont feel that Biron will do that for the flyers, or theodore for the caps...

They both have the talent... Ive seen them both stand on their heads and take over games. But enough to carry each team to the finals????

im saying no...

I love the flyers... you all know that. and so does my boy, peter foresberg.

However, i dont think the flyers will make it past pittsburg.

And its a close call for the caps and rangers.

My prediction.

Flyers = first round elimination
Caps= second round

SIDE NOTE :whistle:

Im not an expert and Ive been wrong before :lol:

mmesser0

C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS!
That Pittsburgh v. Philly match-up looks very interesting.

yup, as much as I hate both teams, that will be one hell of a match-up (at least one could hope) i hope they take it the full 7 and beat the tar outta each other. i have a feeling Malkin will light the flyers up.

now, hopefully the Caps have taken themselves off of cruise control and get it together for Wednesdays game.:buddies:

Baz

This. ------------------>
This thread is slower than I thought it would be.

Does this mean Caps/Flyers fans are not very optimistic?

Peter Forsberg

Good luck to the Caps?

Does this mean you fear the Rangers? They don't seem to be too strong.
That series Rangers vs Caps and our series Philly vs Pitt can go either way. Just please somebody knock the crap out of Avery. I like the Caps when they are not playing Philly. Ovie is the best player in the world and is exciting to watch.

OldHillcrestGuy

That series Rangers vs Caps and our series Philly vs Pitt can go either way. Just please somebody knock the crap out of Avery. I like the Caps when they are not playing Philly. Ovie is the best player in the world and is exciting to watch.

Mr Forsberg your boys will have their hands full with the Penquins, Im hoping for a drag down knock out series going 7 games, same with the New Jersey, Carolina series, Im rooting for your Flyers, I hate the Pens, get tired hearing Malkin this, Crosby this.
Im sure the NHL would love to see a second round of Pitt/Wash. because of the players involved, I just hope Theodore wakes up and stops giving up the soft goals or there may be no 2nd round for the Caps. Actually the whole team needs to wake-up, play to midseason form, instead of the past 4-6 weeks when it appeared they may have been coasting into the playoffs. GO CAPS, GO OVIE:yahoo:

LordStanley

I know nothing
Good luck to the Caps?

Does this mean you fear the Rangers? They don't seem to be too strong.

They dont seem strong???? Have you actually been paying attention any hockey at all this season??? How can you say a playoff team isnt strong?

Baz

That's one thing fans of all teams agree on: Avery needs to get crushed at every opportunity.

The Capitals are exciting, but definitely don't have all the pieces of the puzzle (yet) to get to the Cup finals. Goaltending and defense are still too shaky. They may be able to outscore their way through a series, but I doubt they can rely on it to go much further.

Philly vs. Pittsburgh will probably depend on if the Penguins can get their powerplay in gear. They'll get plenty of powerplays vs. the Flyers. If they convert on a decent amount of them the series will be theirs. Plus, Pittsburgh's goalie is certainly better than Philly's, though Biron can steal a game every now and then.

Baz

They dont seem strong???? Have you actually been paying attention any hockey at all this season??? How can you say a playoff team isnt strong?

In comparison to the other 7 teams in the Eastern conference playoffs, the Rangers don't seem very scary. Lundqvist is good, and can shine, but I think he's overrated. Other than him, they don't really have any identity that stands out. I consider the Rangers and Montreal as being outclassed by the other 6 teams in it.

Then again, I haven't seen many games of theirs since they switched coaches, so maybe I'm basing my opinion on old data.