Starbucks Charlotte Hall

PeoplesElbow

Thank you for this.
My mom and dad use to go there shopping for furniture, rugs etc when they were fairly new empty nesters. After my dad passed away my mom kept wanting me to take her, but I never found the time. Luckily I was able to take her for a few days a month before she had her stroke. I'm very grateful that I was able to do that.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
My mom and dad use to go there shopping for furniture, rugs etc when they were fairly new empty nesters. After my dad passed away my mom kept wanting me to take her, but I never found the time. Luckily I was able to take her for a few days a month before she had her stroke. I'm very grateful that I was able to do that.
That was good of you.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Thank You

I had been dreading it, thinking I would hate it, but I quite enjoyed it. In fact I enjoyed it so much that its one of the areas that I might consider moving to when I retire.
I went to PA Amish country once in the mid-90's. It was pretty.

UglyBear

The food there is incredible.
Can you explain why so many people consider Amish food great?
I have heard so much about it, and have been to PA Amish region many times, and tried many Amish eateries. I just don’t get it.

I always found it just average, not very imaginative, and under-seasoned. Maybe because to me it’s just your normal home-cooked Central-Eastern European food, meat-and-potatoes, don’t overuse the pepper mill stuff.
Am I missing something?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I have heard so much about it, and have been to PA Amish region many times, and tried many Amish eateries. I just don’t get it.

I always found it just average, not very imaginative, and under-seasoned. Maybe because to me it’s just your normal home-cooked Central-Eastern European food, meat-and-potatoes, don’t overuse the pepper mill stuff.
Am I missing something?

The Amish restaurants I've been to in Iowa and PA were amazing. Big ol' troughs of chicken and dumplings, pot roast and real mashed potatoes, homemade peanut butter and apple butter at breakfast with homemade bread. There was one in Sarasota that had like 8 million different kinds of homemade pie and amazing fried chicken. If a restaurant is called "Dutch" or "Yoder" something, it's a sure thing.

🐷

PeoplesElbow

Am I missing something?
I find it to be high quality made from scratch home cooked type comfort food. It reminds me of eating at my grandma's house. Most restaurant's food is frozen or comes from some sort of mix with way too much salt.

Heck the free breakfast buffet at the Wallhouse Inn was the best of any hotel I've stayed at.

Last edited:

UglyBear

I find it to be high quality made from scratch home cooked type comfort food. It reminds me of eating at my grandma's house. Most restaurant's food is frozen or comes from some sort of mix with way too much salt.

Thank you, that is the best explanation I ever heard about liking Amish food.
Now I got it. Guess I’m a bit spoiled with home cooked food.

UglyBear

A thread titled "starbucks" ends up in a discussion about Amish food...
Just folks chewing the fat , going off on tangents — we humble country people ain’t linear like that. :dance:

(BTW, request to @vraiblonde — we need a country-ish emoji, something like a dude with a mullet chewing straw or something, holding a fishing rod. You can model it after @PrchJrkr )

Nupe2

Never been a Starbuck's person, I'll stay with my WaWa coffee, or a person could just drive say 100ft. and get a coffee at Royal Farms. Unfortunately its not on the northbound side of the highway for the morning commuters. Ive lived right at the county line on Oaks Rd. for almost 44 years, its going to really clog traffic coming out of Oaks rd.
Is it taking over the Wentworth's location? If so, that will definitely clog up traffic.

OldHillcrestGuy

Is it taking over the Wentworth's location? If so, that will definitely clog up traffic.

That's why the planning board has put off the approval for the location till they do another traffic study. New meeting date is something like Jan 31 2022. They also don't like the design of the Starbucks and they want sidewalks and charging stations and a longer left turn lane off of northbound Three Notch Rd onto Oaks rd.

Nupe2

That's why the planning board has put off the approval for the location till they do another traffic study. New meeting date is something like Jan 31 2022. They also don't like the design of the Starbucks and they want sidewalks and charging stations and a longer left turn lane off of northbound Three Notch Rd onto Oaks rd.
Would be better if they could buy the lot that was going to be used for a new McKays.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
The decision(s) of the planning board is a perfect example of government functionaries being contrary for job security. The article from the County Times https://countytimes.somd.com/read/index.php (pg 5) is pretty in depth. Sidewalks going along Rt5? I'd rather go the the range with Alec Baldwin before I walk along Rt 5 in that area. Charging stations? Pretty sure that no e-car owner is going to chill at a RF/SB long enough to get a significant charge to continue their journey. But hey, if RF puts in charging stations every one can just park for an hour or 3 and get charged up on the corporate dime. If anybody ever gets a chance, ask Tommy McKay what the county and state wanted out of him to before they would allow him to build.