Steelers

sgtsprout

Mr. Shud da hell up
I think

Everyone needs to realx and get them panties out of a bunch. Who the heck cares. Does it really matter? Cause the washington redskins are named say the redskins. I never said to know indians. hey ya damn redskin. But maybe I would anyways. part of the lovely freedom I use to enjoy here in the states. I have a friend he is "PortoRican American"...I still call him spic. Paco. Dirty mexican. All derogitroy names. And he calls me a WOP and all kinds of other colorful names. Is it really hurting anyone?

Best yet. I could care less if it does hurt someones feelings, cause it gets to the point of ridulousness sometimes about changing crap to suit a few ppl.

But let me say this. It is a democratic country. And if they put it to a vote. Then so be it. Majority rules. thats my 2 cents.

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Originally posted by Danny
I grew up in Grove City, which is about 50 miles north of Pitt.

Hey Danny!

I'm from Pittsburgh, but I went to school at Edinboro. I used to date a Grove City girl when I lived in Meadville. By the way, you should feel priveleged; I don't usually tell people I went to Edinboro!
:D

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Originally posted by Danny
I graduated from Westminster. Whats the girls name from Grove CIty?

It was Jan Thomas, but I used to work on the radio in Meadville and I can't remember if that was her real name or her radio name.
Now it's going to bug me all weekend!
:)

da burgh

All right, Steeler fans in southern Maryland. I knew there had to be some here. I am looking for a nice bar to watch them too, but since Damon's opened, that may be the place to go.

BTW, my brother graduated from Grove City, and I graduated from Geneva College.:cheers: I have a friend going to Westminster :boo: now. It is a small world.

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Originally posted by da burgh
All right, Steeler fans in southern Maryland. I knew there had to be some here. I am looking for a nice bar to watch them too, but since Damon's opened, that may be the place to go.

BTW, my brother graduated from Grove City, and I graduated from Geneva College.:cheers: I have a friend going to Westminster :boo: now. It is a small world.

I graduated from Edinboro.
It IS a small world.

We'll definitely have to meet for a Steeler's game, and MOST definitely when they beat the livin crap out of the Ravens!
First game is a Monday night game against New England!!!

I'm in Montreal now. My return flight is through Pittsburgh. I'll pick up some terrible towels there...
:D

zyrne

There used to be a large Steelers following (20-30 ppl) that hung out in Cadillac Jacks in Lexington Park every Sunday and watched the games via DirecTV there.

Danny

I actually like the DISHnetwork better than Directv but I got direct just so I can watch the Steeler games this year. But let me know if a bunch of Steeler fans are getting together to watch the games. They Play The Redskins the 18th of August. (Shouldn't be much of a game).

Dan

B

Bruzilla

Hey Danny,

I'm from Monroeville and Plum Boro, and we had a summer cottage on Slippery Rock creek right on the other side of Grove City.

There are quite a few Steeler fans that form up at Cadillac Jacks. I've watched a couple of games there.

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Originally posted by Bruzilla
Hey Danny,

I'm from Monroeville and Plum Boro, and we had a summer cottage on Slippery Rock creek right on the other side of Grove City.

There are quite a few Steeler fans that form up at Cadillac Jacks. I've watched a couple of games there.

You mentioned Slippery Rock before but I didn't know you were from Monroeville!
I grew up in Irwin...

The Steelers are going to be GREAT this year.

B

Bruzilla

I remember Irwin well. :)

I agree with you on the prospects for this year. The team is pretty much in tact from last year, and they've got the second easiest schedule in the league. :)

When I worked at Tracor several years ago, all of the Pittsburgh fans had a Black & Gold lunch during football season. Since there are so many Steelers fans about, maybe we should all get together someplace for a B&G luncheon once the season starts.

bknarw

Attire Monitor
I remember Irwin well. :)

I agree with you on the prospects for this year. The team is pretty much in tact from last year, and they've got the second easiest schedule in the league. :)

When I worked at Tracor several years ago, all of the Pittsburgh fans had a Black & Gold lunch during football season. Since there are so many Steelers fans about, maybe we should all get together someplace for a B&G luncheon once the season starts.

I remember Monroeville well. As a matter of fact, I saw Dennis Miller perform at the Holiday House before anyone ever heard of him.
Actually, my original statement wasn't entirely true. I'm FROM Irwin, but I never entirely grew up.
:biggrin:

Let's do the Steeler thing. I'm all for it!

B

Bruzilla

Dang! The Holiday House! That name sure brings back memories. I spent about four months working as a Navy recruiter there while I was waiting for my school in Jacksonville to start up. We had three suites, one for me, one for the Marine recruiter, and a spare for storage. That was a sweet deal!!!

Suzanne Summers was performing there when I first arrived, and the gunny next door asked me if I wanted to meet her. :) I was like "BS Alert", but then he told me how the entertainers performed at night but didn't have anything to do during the day, and usually didn't know anyone in town, so he would send them a note asking then to come down and hang out with us. Ms. Summers was down in my suite just about everyday she was at the Holiday House. What a deal. ;) Then Steve Martin, David Brenner, Connie Stevens, Andy Griffith, Rupert Holmes, and that fruity comic that runs around throwing confetti were there also and would hang out with us recruiters. Steve Martin took us out to lunch at the Brown Derby across the street at Monroeville Mall a couple of times, and that was pretty neat too.

I miss Pittsburgh. :)

bknarw

Attire Monitor
I miss it too...

When I flew to Montreal recently my plane went through the PGH airport.
Among the many in the "airmall", there was one little restaurant there that I was able to order a ham barbeque and an Iron City.
HEAVEN!

Oh, and I'd forgotten completely about Brown Derby!

B

Bruzilla

My parents were Brown Derby junkies. :) We would eat there just about every Wednesday for years. My best memory of the place was one day my mom, sister, and I went there for lunch, and Rocky Blier and his wife were at a table near us. My sister and I kept looking at Blier and talking about him, and he couldn't help but overhear us. After about 10 minutes he got up, came to our table, introduced himself, and asked if we would like to join him and his wife for lunch. We had a great time, and he's still my favorite Steeler for doing that. Sure would like to see one of today's players do that. ;)

I like the new airmall at Greater Pitt. I stopped there on a trip from Maine, and it was the first time I had gone to the new airport. I had no idea where it was, but I was hoping I would have some time to get a car and run out to a mall to get some Steeler stuff. I went to the State Police office near the gates and asked a trooper where the nearest mall was, and he walked me out through the gates and said "You're there." :) I loaded up on Steeler stuff at the Foot Locker and the gift/news stores, watched the Pens play a game, and then flew on to Baltimore.

bknarw

Attire Monitor
My parents were Brown Derby junkies. :) We would eat there just about every Wednesday for years. My best memory of the place was one day my mom, sister, and I went there for lunch, and Rocky Blier and his wife were at a table near us. My sister and I kept looking at Blier and talking about him, and he couldn't help but overhear us. After about 10 minutes he got up, came to our table, introduced himself, and asked if we would like to join him and his wife for lunch. We had a great time, and he's still my favorite Steeler for doing that. Sure would like to see one of today's players do that. ;)

I like the new airmall at Greater Pitt. I stopped there on a trip from Maine, and it was the first time I had gone to the new airport. I had no idea where it was, but I was hoping I would have some time to get a car and run out to a mall to get some Steeler stuff. I went to the State Police office near the gates and asked a trooper where the nearest mall was, and he walked me out through the gates and said "You're there." :) I loaded up on Steeler stuff at the Foot Locker and the gift/news stores, watched the Pens play a game, and then flew on to Baltimore.

When I was in college, we used to go to the Brown Derby for Happy hour. If you made a $ .50 donation, you got to eat from their snack buffet, and drinks were two for one. We'd get martinis so we'd get the maximum sized drinks (and alcohol)!
So...for about 5 bucks, we'd be fed and loaded!

I stocked up on an Iron City hat at the "mall with wings" and a terrible towel for our future get-togethers.

Damn, I wish someplace local served "Arns". I'd buy them out. It used to be the only beer we drank.
:yum: