Steelers!!!!

D

dems4me

Cletus_Vandam said:
Honestly though, the Steelers and their current team have a lot more playoff experience.

I'm guessing that the Hawks will either choke or get blown out. Either way they will LOSE.

I going for Steelers by at least 14.

Friendly wager? :shrug:

mrweb

Iron City
Cletus_Vandam said:
Honestly though, the Steelers and their current team have a lot more playoff experience.

I'm guessing that the Hawks will either choke or get blown out. Either way they will LOSE.

I'm going for Steelers by at least 14.
:yay: I'll go with that.

For the record...been a Steeler fan since most formites were in diapers. I'm even a Pirate fan, which proves that you win some and lose some along the way :yay:

JOOP

The nutty guy out west
Ahh My Seahawk boys are going to put up a good fight. I'm not much of a football fan but I did watch both games today. ALL I'm going to say is it's going to be a good game. And thats all I hope for. because once the Seaharks starting kicking some booty. The game got very borring by the end of the first half.

I say Seahawk's 24
steelers, 21. :popcorn:

B

Bruzilla

dems4me said:
:yeahthat: Steelers have a fast defense, but I think Seattle has a faster defense... quick to get to the ball (wherever it is) and shut down the plays.

That's really funny! I heard the exact same thing said by commentators before the Bengals, Colts, and Broncos games as well, and they're all watching the Super Bowl the same way we are. Hey! That means that we can say -

"Steelers have a fast defense, but I think SOMD has a faster defense... quick to get to the ball (wherever it is) and shut down the plays. I'm pulling for Steelers, but I think SOMDers will blow them out " :lmao:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Report from the Sunshine State: On two separate days at the House That Walt Built, I counted at least 15 people wearing the proud Steelers black and gold. Saw one person for the Patriots, one for the Colts, and one for the Titans (which, dammit, still sounds like a high-school team name). Guess how many Seahawks fans I saw? :lol: Do you suppose there would have been some fans if I had gone to Anaheim instead of Orlando?

Cletus_Vandam

dems4me said:
:yeahthat: Steelers have a fast defense, but I think Seattle has a faster defense... quick to get to the ball (wherever it is) and shut down the plays. I'm pulling for Steelers, but I think Seattle will blow them out :shrug:

I may be able to agree that Seattle has a faster defense, but the Steelers are bigger, stronger and more agressive on both sides of the ball.

Parker is faster then any of the defenses that the Steelers have faced thus far. It took three or four Broncos to typically bring Bettis down after he made it through the line. Health Miller typically bounces off the first tackler. I could go on and on...

The only thing that Seattle has going for their team is Alexander.

The Bengals had Chad, Palmer, Husmanzada (spelling??? who knows); the Broncos had their "great" QB Jake the snake ... and the Colts had a lot more going for them. They will all have good seats to watch the Steelers kick the crap out of Seattle this Sunday.

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!!!

B

Bruzilla

Hey Cletus, you should check out www.kdka.com for their video coverage of the Steelers. They've got some great stories from Detroit.

mixallagist

Be careful what u wish 4
I'm proud of my boys. They made it this far. I have faith in them. I hope they win but even if they don't I hope it's a good game. I've been a STEELERS fan since before i could walk and I will be a fan no matter what. GO STEELERS.

Shetiger

The Hard Way
mixallagist said:
I'm proud of my boys. They made it this far. I have faith in them. I hope they win but even if they don't I hope it's a good game. I've been a STEELERS fan since before i could walk and I will be a fan no matter what. GO STEELERS.
:yahoo: :buddies: :banana:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Steelers Q&A

Some humor from the Tribune-Review:

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/sports/steelerslive/s_420032.html

Q: Why do the Steelers stick an emblem on only one side of their helmet?
A: Because they can ...

Q: Why don't the Steelers have cheerleaders? A: Well, for starters, influence of the female persuasion tends to make weak men out of otherwise strong and strapping gridiron warriors. ...

Q: Was Joe Greene really "mean"? A: Not, apparently, if you offered him a bottle of Coca-Cola.

Q: Where did The Terrible Towel come from? A: String. A lot of string. ...

Q: How many numbers have the Steelers retired? A: See, the Steelers actually didn't rely on uniform numbers for many years and instead opted for Roman numerals. But then the Super Bowl went and stole their idea, so the Steelers had to change on the fly and ...

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
I don't know how bad this is yet, but.........

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/wcStory?contentId=5299596

Steelers safety Troy Polamalu missed a portion of practice again Friday because of a sore ankle, but remains listed as probable for Sunday. Polamalu woke up Thursday with a sore ankle and, after being examined by team trainers, underwent an MRI exam. "There was nothing really there," coach Bill Cowher said Friday. "He'll be fine by Sunday."

He is one heck of a defensive force. The Steelers would surely miss him.

F

faststrat02

Go Steelers...after the 'Hawks beating my redskins...i'm all about the black and gold bandwagon..... :war:

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
Penn said:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/wcStory?contentId=5299596

Steelers safety Troy Polamalu missed a portion of practice again Friday because of a sore ankle, but remains listed as probable for Sunday. Polamalu woke up Thursday with a sore ankle and, after being examined by team trainers, underwent an MRI exam. "There was nothing really there," coach Bill Cowher said Friday. "He'll be fine by Sunday."

He is one heck of a defensive force. The Steelers would surely miss him.
He'll play, it the Superbowl.

B

Bruzilla

But on a more serious note...

A: Because in 1960 the Steelers designed their current emblem, and there was a lot of debate about how it would look on a gold helmet, so they decided to just put the decal on one side. They played the 61 season with the decal on one side and did pretty well, so they decided to keep it. They switched to the black helmets in 1962 and the rest is history.

Q: Why don't the Steelers have cheerleaders?
A: The Steelers were the first team to have a professional cheerleading squad, the Steelerettes. They were witht he Steelers from 1961 to 1969.

Q: Was Joe Greene really "mean"?
A: Yes.

Q: Where did The Terrible Towel come from?
A: WTAE sportscaster Myron Cope came up with the idea before the first playoff game against the Baltimore Colts in 1975. The idea was for everyone to bring a yellow towell to the game, and this evolved into the Official Myron Cope Terrible Towel you see today.

Q: How many numbers have the Steelers retired?
A: Only one number is officially retired, #70 (Ernie Stautner). The following numbers are no longer issued but not officially retired: #12 (Terry Bradshaw), #32 (Franco Harris), #52 (Mike Webster), #58 (Jack Lambert), #59 (Jack Ham, has been used once), #63 (Dermontti Dawson), and #75 (Joe Greene)

Dukesdad

Bruzilla said:
But on a more serious note...

A: Because in 1960 the Steelers designed their current emblem, and there was a lot of debate about how it would look on a gold helmet, so they decided to just put the decal on one side. They played the 61 season with the decal on one side and did pretty well, so they decided to keep it. They switched to the black helmets in 1962 and the rest is history.

Previous emblem was a punter standing on a steel I beam. How many folks know about the war years?

F

faststrat02

Cletus_Vandam said:
Steelers will dominate the 'Hawks....

I'm with ya there... even though :cough cough: my brother is going for the 'hawk because (gasp) he's a ravens fan.