Steelers!!!!

Kerad

elaine said:
Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back. That game was handed to them on a silver platter, if you wanna' call it a game.
:rolleyes:

Steelers
Super Bowl XL Champions

itsbob

I bowl overhand
elaine said:
Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back. That game was handed to them on a silver platter, if you wanna' call it a game.
No chit!!

Worse officiated Super Bowl EVER!! How many penalties against Pittsburgh? yet EVERY big play Seattle had came back for bogus reasons.. how many times did we hear.. "Holding? I'm sorry, I don't see any holding there" "Offensive pass Interference? I don't see it!" "Block below the waist? he wasn't blocking he was TACKLING!!"

Then there was the Pittsburgh touchdown where the ball never touched the goal line until AFTER he was down and he pulled the ball up from between his knees.

Don't remember ONE questionable call going against Pittsburgh.

Kerad

itsbob said:
No chit!!

Worse officiated Super Bowl EVER!! How many penalties against Pittsburgh? yet EVERY big play Seattle had came back for bogus reasons.. how many times did we hear.. "Holding? I'm sorry, I don't see any holding there" "Offensive pass Interference? I don't see it!" "Block below the waist? he wasn't blocking he was TACKLING!!"

Then there was the Pittsburgh touchdown where the ball never touched the goal line until AFTER he was down and he pulled the ball up from between his knees.

The Roethlisberger TD was close. The front of the football broke the plane of the goalline while Ben was in the air. The pass interference against Seattle in the end zone was a picky call...but he DID push off the defender...which is a penalty. Do they only call offsides if the guy is WAY offsides? No. The rule is the rule.

The call against Hasselbeck was a terrible call. The INT still would have counted.

Pittsburgh made the big plays they needed to make to win the game...Seattle didn't.

B

Bruzilla

I'm happy to say that our happy little component of Steeler Nation made it all the way to Superbowl.com last night! My family and I watched the game with about 300 screaming members of the Nation at Calico Jacks here in Jacksonville. If you go to http://www.superbowl.com/photos/football_super_bowl_xl and select the Steel Curtain Fans photo, that's a shot of some of us whooping it up after the Hines Ward touchdown.

Way to go Steelers, Way to Go!

Last edited by a moderator:

Kerad

Bruzilla said:
I'm happy to say that out happy little component of Steeler Nation made it all the way to Superbowl.com last night! My family and I watched the game with about 300 screaming members of the Nation at Calico Jacks here in Jacksonville. If you go to http://www.superbowl.com/photos/football_super_bowl_xl and select the Steel Curtain Fans photo, that's a shot of some of us whooping it up after the Hines Ward touchdown.

Way to go Steelers, Way to Go!

:high5:

B

Bruzilla

itsbob said:
No chit!!

I've watched a lot of fottball, and seen a lot of bad calls, and they usually have the same things in common... when they happen the cameras can't miss staying on the players involved as they protest their innocence, or on the anger on the face of the head coach. The other thing they have in common is the lack of protest when they know the call was right. To some people those may have looked like bad or questionable calls, but you didn't see much in the way of protest from the players or their coach. They knew what they did, they knew the call was good, and they kept playing.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Bruzilla said:
I've watched a lot of fottball, and seen a lot of bad calls, and they usually have the same things in common... when they happen the cameras can't miss staying on the players involved as they protest their innocence, or on the anger on the face of the head coach. The other thing they have in common is the lack of protest when they know the call was right. To some people those may have looked like bad or questionable calls, but you didn't see much in the way of protest from the players or their coach. They knew what they did, they knew the call was good, and they kept playing.

Is that what you tell yourself? :lmao:

B

Bruzilla

elaine said:
Is that what you tell yourself? :lmao:

Actually I get more upset when a bad call goes for my team. When that happens it seems that the bad call is all anyone ever remembers about the game. Your team can win 48-0, but all anyone remembers is "well... if it wasn't for that bad call in the first quarter the other team coulda' done something!"

I also know that I'm not a ref, and have no where near the knowledge those guys have, and they make the calls. I've also heard my share of sports commentators screaming about bad calls before they even know what the penalty is, and even worse when they themselves don't know the rules. I think back to that bowl game in January when the player was ejected for spitting on another player, something the official saw and the press box didn't, and the commentators were ripping the official for wrongfully ejecting the guy. And Madden's "officiating" last night was worse than anyones' on the field.

If the bad calls really were bad calls, like the horrible fumble reversal on Troy Palamalu in the Colts game, the NFL will come out and make it official. If they don't, then all this :bs: about bad calls is just that... :bs:

Cletus_Vandam

Bad Calls

First off, I'm a huge Steelers fan, so I'll get that out there before everyone starts accusing me of that later in the replies.

There were calls that were questionable from certain perspectives. I watched the entire game and the 'Hawks HAD to hold Pittsburgh's blitzing DBs all day. Frankly, I'm p!ssed that more holding calls weren't made against the 'Hawks. But, no one is debating that in the media.

As for the holding call. The ref threw the flag before the completion was made, so everyone whining needs to stop saying the call was made to bring back a completion on the 1-yard line. If it were an incomplete pass, no one would be questioning the call at all. Some holding calls are more flagrant then others. The back judge obviously got tired of seeing the Hawk's line hold on every play. Get over it.

As for the pass interference... Simple question, was contact initiated by the Seahawk's receiver? The answer must be a simple yes or no. If you say yes (and you have to, it was clear), then it is interpretation on the ref's behalf if it impacted the play. Had there been no contact would there have been the separation between the players that would have allowed the catch? Who knows for sure.

All those Hawks fans... get over it! As for the media who keep hyping it, Get over it and move on to another topic. NCAA BBall is right around the corner start talking that up and move on. The media wants to keep on talking it up, becuase they don't have anything else going on right now.

Holmgren comes out and says he knew he had to play against the Steelers, but didn't know he had to play against those wearing the stripes.... :bawl: wha, wha, CALL THE WHAM-BALANCE.

My biggest regret over this is.... it is over shadowing the victory by the Steelers.