Stephen King's Cell

donbarzini

Toxick said:
I dunno - I think they can get away with doing the Chud/Void thing without making connections and leave it as a standalone movie.

Yeah, when Richard Thomas/Jonathan Brandis is standing there just staring, if you hadn't read the book, you have no idea why, other than maybe they're amazed at how cheesy the fake spider looks.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
donbarzini said:
Yeah he is a little over the top, but he is sincere about staying true to the author's "vision". And he is a genius at casting. Did you see "Sin City"? There wasn't a false note in that movie. I even enjoyed Mickey Rourke who is a buffoon. And his use of music to set a mood is better than any I've ever seen!
There's a list of people he tries to use in all his films. Rourke is one of them. Also Banderas, Marin, Hayek, DaFoe and I can't remember that one guys name but he was in Once Upon a Time and also all 3 Spy Kids movies. I guess these are actors he trusts to tell the story the way he sees it.

donbarzini

bresamil said:
There's a list of people he tries to use in all his films. Rourke is one of them. Also Banderas, Marin, Hayek, DaFoe and I can't remember that one guys name but he was in Once Upon a Time and also all 3 Spy Kids movies. I guess these are actors he trusts to tell the story the way he sees it.

Sorry, Bres...didn't see Cheech first time I read it. You thinking of the assassin
that followed Banderas around in Once...and was a vampire in Dusk til Dawn?

donbarzini

Checked "imdb". Says his name is Danny Trejo. Also played the rapist who got his arm ripped off in "Con Air".

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
donbarzini said:
Sorry, Bres...didn't see Cheech first time I read it. You thinking of the assassin
that followed Banderas around in Once...and was a vampire in Dusk til Dawn?
Yeah, he's a MexiCAN not a MexiCAN'T. :lol:

Toxick said:
Did you read the first one? Was it any good? All the plot synposes I've read sound like cover blurbs, and advertisements.

The Frankenstein series is awesome!! I gotta go find the third book, which is supposed to be out this summer...but then again I am a sucker for anything Koontz.

And Odd Thomas was great too. They also came out with a second one, which wasnt as good, but still pretty cool. IMHO