Stop Beefin'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
I would just like to say that in defense of the people that own and operate Monk's that I have never been in there when trouble of that kind was going on. Weds' may have become a problem just as Thursdays were before. I frequent Monk's several times a week and do not feel uncomfortable there just as I don't feel uncomfortable at St. James after what happened there. I don't believe the owners are trying to attract thugs. The music that is played is the music that young 20 somethings like to listen to these days. I have been there on rap night and they play all sorts of Hip hop music. I cannot recall hearing any music that promoted violence, rape, drugs ( other than my personal favorite " I Got High" dedicated to my ex that I play from the jukebox) I don't have any real solutions to offer. If however we start turning away people at the doors based on there color, muical preferences or dress then what will we revert to.

The problem in a nutshell is young men and women with too much attitude combined with too much liquer is a recipe for disaster no matter where you may be.

Negative Nancy

Pissy Biatch
BS rap night attracts thugs, drugs and low life. But it brings in the money and the owners care more about the money than you. I understand they need to make money, but when you put that in front of my saftey then it's time to close down.

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
Negative Nancy said:
BS rap night attracts thugs, drugs and low life. But it brings in the money and the owners care more about the money than you. I understand they need to make money, but when you put that in front of my saftey then it's time to close down.

In this day and age there is potential danger in pretty much anywhere you go and anything you do. It all reverts to personal choice. If you don't like the people that frequent certain places then it is best to go elsewhere or stay home. I agree that I would not want to intentionally put myself in a place that these types of things happen. My point is that the owners have made great strides in providing a safe environment inside their establishment. What occurred here was outside the establishment across the street. Does this mean the owners have to police the streets of the surrounding neighborhood as well? Is that not what the actual police are for? In fact was there not an officer in the parking lot all ready when this incident occurred?

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
nomoney said:
Do you go to a bar every night?
No not at all. I would say three times a week. Usually Monk's in the afternoon to play keno on Sunday. I went to St. Jame's for shrimp on Tuesday then we stopped at Monk's on the way home for a few games of keno. Sometimes I go to visit D at the Legion it just really depends. Why?

nomoney

Tigerlily said:
No not at all. I would say three times a week. Usually Monk's in the afternoon to play keno on Sunday. I went to St. Jame's for shrimp on Tuesday then we stopped at Monk's on the way home for a few games of keno. Sometimes I go to visit D at the Legion it just really depends. Why?

I don't know, just seems like you're always mentioning being at all the local bars like almsot every day.

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
nomoney said:
I don't know, just seems like you're always mentioning being at all the local bars like almsot every day.
Good point. All I can say is that when my kids are away on the weekends and "D" works I usually go visit him at work. I've played on various bar leagues for years so I have been in just about every single one at least once. It just really depends. I am not a have to stop every day after work kind of person. I just kinda go with the flow. If I want to go out I do if not I don't.

BTW don't be hatin cause you ain't got nomoney :huggy:

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Tigerlily said:
Good point. All I can say is that when my kids are away on the weekends and "D" works I usually go visit him at work. I've played on various bar leagues for years so I have been in just about every single one at least once. It just really depends. I am not a have to stop every day after work kind of person. I just kinda go with the flow. If I want to go out I do if not I don't.

BTW don't be hatin cause you ain't got nomoney :huggy:
I thought you were a part time bartender? :confused:

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
bresamil said:
I thought you were a part time bartender? :confused:
I was a part time bartender for the last nine years until Mattie's closed. My last day was April 15th. I can go to Evan's when they open next month but until then I have only one job for the first time in a very very long time.

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
itsbob said:
I tried to catch a glimpse of him today leaving the parking lot to see if he had it cut all ready..
Hey Bob, I went on that website to track that dollar I got the other day. I was the third person who had had it. It made it's way from Va Bch to the base, then to Monk's and then to me. I used it at the Legion so I will have to keep checking to see where it goes next. :lmao:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Negative Nancy said:
Did you go to rap night?? :larry:

quietcool2006

Wrong!!!!!!!!!

fttrsbeerwench said:
It bugs me when dumb shiat happens and you have people whining that it's not fair or the cops are targetting blacks, or that the white girl was drunk and purposely hit the kid in the road in the dark..
It also bug me when someone is killed and people say he deserved it or that he was a POS and it's no loss.. He was someones son. He was a human being and his life was valuable, even if he lived a life that some don't approve of.

QUIETCOOL2006, don't condone the violence or sit here and make excuses. You are asking for trouble coming on here biatching that "we" don't like your hang out, when the truth is, that place sucks and it is dangerous to go there because of the crowds lack of common sense and decency.

Also, I like rap music in general but agree with Aps that the songs that promote violence, and thug living is garbage.
Please...........for the record,find and highlight any and all of my posts that EXSCUSE or CONDONE ignorant behavior that is being discussed here.Other than that...I agree with you on the complaining when people generalize about who the cops are targeting unless it is proven other-wise.

quietcool2006

Thanx!!!!!!!

Tigerlily said:
I would just like to say that in defense of the people that own and operate Monk's that I have never been in there when trouble of that kind was going on. Weds' may have become a problem just as Thursdays were before. I frequent Monk's several times a week and do not feel uncomfortable there just as I don't feel uncomfortable at St. James after what happened there. I don't believe the owners are trying to attract thugs. The music that is played is the music that young 20 somethings like to listen to these days. I have been there on rap night and they play all sorts of Hip hop music. I cannot recall hearing any music that promoted violence, rape, drugs ( other than my personal favorite " I Got High" dedicated to my ex that I play from the jukebox) I don't have any real solutions to offer. If however we start turning away people at the doors based on there color, muical preferences or dress then what will we revert to.

The problem in a nutshell is young men and women with too much attitude combined with too much liquer is a recipe for disaster no matter where you may be.
Tigerlilly...............THANX 4 keepin an open mind in this discussion.REAL RECOGNIZES REAL........THANX 4 HAVIN A REAL BRAIN!!!!!!

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
A math problem for you:

How many country or rock singers have been gunned down in th last 10 years?

How many Rap singers have been gunned down in the last 10 years?