Study gives depressing look at how climate change puts Americans’ mental health at risk

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
A periodic solar event called a "grand minimum" could overtake the sun perhaps as soon as 2020 and lasting through 2070, resulting in diminished magnetism, infrequent sunspot production and less ultraviolet (UV) radiation reaching Earth — all bringing a cooler period to the planet that may span 50 years.

When it gets here GWA's aren't allowed to have any heating oil, Nat gas, coal or firewood.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Top 10 Global Warming Lies That May Shock You

Alarmist Assertion #3

“National Security Threatened – The impacts of climate change are expected to act as a ‘threat multiplier’ in many of the world’s most unstable regions, exacerbating droughts and other natural disasters as well as leading to food, water and other resource shortages that may spur mass migrations.”

The Facts

The alarmists’ asserted national security threat depends on assertions that (1) global warming is causing a reduction in food and water supplies and (2) migrations of people to places with more food and water will increase risks of military conflict. Objective facts refute both assertions.

Regarding food and water supplies, global crop production has soared as the Earth gradually warms. Atmospheric carbon dioxide is essential to plant life, and adding more of it to the atmosphere enhances plant growth and crop production. Longer growing seasons and fewer frost events also benefit plant growth and crop production. As this column has repeatedly documented (see articles here, here, and here, for example), global crops set new production records virtually every year as our planet modestly warms. If crop shortages cause national security threats and global warming increases crop production, then global warming benefits rather than jeopardizes national security.

The same holds true for water supplies. Objective data show there has been a gradual increase in global precipitation and soil moisture as our planet warms. Warmer temperatures evaporate more water from the oceans, which in turn stimulates more frequent precipitation over continental land masses. The result of this enhanced precipitation is an improvement in soil moisture at almost all sites in the Global Soil Moisture Data Bank. If declining precipitation and declining soil moisture are military threat multipliers, than global warming is creating a safer, more peaceful world.

Alarmist Assertion #4

“Sea Levels Rising – Warmer temperatures are causing glaciers and polar ice sheets to melt, increasing the amount of water in the world’s seas and oceans.”

The Facts

The pace of sea level rise remained relatively constant throughout the 20th century, even as global temperatures gradually rose. There has similarly been no increase in the pace of sea level rise in recent decades. Utilizing 20th century technologies, humans effectively adapted to global sea level rise. Utilizing 21st century technologies, humans will be even better equipped to adapt to global sea level rise.

Also, the alarmist assertion that polar ice sheets are melting is simply false. Although alarmists frequently point to a modest recent shrinkage in the Arctic ice sheet, that decline has been completely offset by ice sheet expansion in the Antarctic. Cumulatively, polar ice sheets have not declined at all since NASA satellite instruments began precisely measuring them 35 years ago.

Top 10 Global Warming Lies That May Shock You

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It would be silly to deny that, of course.

Just checking.

The climate of course changes. Not dramatically overnight, like in Hollywood movies, but the climate has changed dramatically over the course of a millennium.

This particular climate political agenda is more about money. When they come with dire predictions and their hands out, it's appropriate to ask what the money will be used for. In this case, the answer is "to live in multiple mansions, driving expensive SUVs, and flying in our private jets, and make you pay for it."

All you have to do is look at the lifestyle of the biggest climate change hysterics. They don't even freaking recycle. That's how much they believe in their own cause.

And for some reason there is a segment of our society that falls for their crap.

:doh:

limblips

PREMO Member
"Is climate change stressing you out? A new study linking weather and mental health in the United States suggests things could get much worse.
The study outlines three separate ways that hotter and more extreme weather stand to undermine the mental well-being of the people forced to experience it. The effects will be most pronounced for women and for low-income Americans, the findings indicate."

Climate isn't the issue. It is stupid sky is falling reporting. That is what stresses weak people. People who are unable to think for themselves and believe every doomsday theory posted by the tin foil hat society instead of doing research and looking to see who or what is promoting the theory and who will reap a benefit from it.

Don't mean to depress anyone... but I don't think many realize our collection of recycled materials typically ends up getting barged to countries such as India and China and their factories process it into cheap products for resell... yes, those same billowing factories pootin' out all that pollution. And BTW... lots of it becomes massive burn piles for the stuff they don't want to re-use.

https://www.twincities.com/2017/01/14/where-does-your-recycling-go-the-answer-may-surprise-you/

While U.S. and Canadian industry buys some of the paper and most of the cast-off factory steel, much of the rest — especially plastics — ends up on barges to the developing world. In China, India and other corners of Asia, recycling plants fill entire cities like Wen’an, where low-wage workers pick through Christmas tree lights, plastic tubing and old computers, looking for materials that can be immediately reused or melted and sold.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Don't mean to depress anyone... but I don't think many realize our collection of recycled materials typically ends up getting barged to countries such as India and China and their factories process it into cheap products for resell... yes, those same billowing factories pootin' out all that pollution. And BTW... lots of it becomes massive burn piles for the stuff they don't want to re-use.

https://www.twincities.com/2017/01/14/where-does-your-recycling-go-the-answer-may-surprise-you/

While U.S. and Canadian industry buys some of the paper and most of the cast-off factory steel, much of the rest — especially plastics — ends up on barges to the developing world. In China, India and other corners of Asia, recycling plants fill entire cities like Wen’an, where low-wage workers pick through Christmas tree lights, plastic tubing and old computers, looking for materials that can be immediately reused or melted and sold.

That ^. I've tried to explain to some of my "greener" friends that consider recycling almost a religion why so much of recycling isn't doing the planet one bit of good.

This_person

Just checking.

The climate of course changes. Not dramatically overnight, like in Hollywood movies, but the climate has changed dramatically over the course of a millennium.

This particular climate political agenda is more about money. When they come with dire predictions and their hands out, it's appropriate to ask what the money will be used for. In this case, the answer is "to live in multiple mansions, driving expensive SUVs, and flying in our private jets, and make you pay for it."

All you have to do is look at the lifestyle of the biggest climate change hysterics. They don't even freaking recycle. That's how much they believe in their own cause.

And for some reason there is a segment of our society that falls for their crap.

:doh:

You're confusing me and Psy. Psy is the one who implied he does not believe. My best guess is he knows the climate changes; he is likely denying that there is anything man-made about climate changing since humans have only been around for a very short period of time, climatologically speaking.

The science has NEVER been there to support man-made global warming. Not even a tiny little bit. But, it FEELS like we must have that kind of power over the planet, though we occupy such a small space on it. We know that a city is warmer than the surrounding countryside, so we MUST be warming the planet, right? I mean, we are MANKIND - we are all powerful and all damaging, right?

No, of course none of that is right about our ability to impact the climate in any kind of measurable way. But, most leftists are narcissists, and therefore believe they have that kind of power. They also hate humanity, so they think we USE that power in an irresponsible way.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Climate deniers are terrorists.

So let's walk through this... I deny that global warming (because that's what you're really talking about, and you should stop lying about it) is happening, therefore I want people to die a terrible death - oh, that would include me and my entire family. I have never physically hurt anyone in my life on purpose. Ok, except a guy named Steve in Jr High School who I punch in the jaw; which I think hurt me more because I broke my hand. I digress... So, I have never hurt anyone; but because I deny global warming is happening, I am a terrorist?

Tell me Sal... what are your thoughts on ANTIFA?

If it makes you feel any better, the warmer we are going into 2020 the better off we'll be... share with your friends! :huggy:

https://www.livescience.com/61716-sun-cooling-global-warming.html

A periodic solar event called a "grand minimum" could overtake the sun perhaps as soon as 2020 and lasting through 2070, resulting in diminished magnetism, infrequent sunspot production and less ultraviolet (UV) radiation reaching Earth — all bringing a cooler period to the planet that may span 50 years.
:yeahthat:

BernieP

Resident PIA
How are women and the poor affected more harshly from weather variations?

I know women of a certain age get hot flashes but they pass after a few seconds.
treading on thin ice there eh?
They forgot "The Children". Women, the poor, the children and the elderly. Only people not affected are white males.