stuffed ham

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Sharon at Piney Point Market is putting out some pretty darned good stuffed hams too..about the same price as everyone else at around 10 bucks a pound. I've been a huge fan of Andy's (Dent) stuffed hams for years but have to say that Sharon's are very similar..so if you like Andy's you will like Sharon's too.

I've bought (or ordered) an equal amount from both of them this year.

Last edited:
B

BET

i bought 2 pounds from bear creek on tuesday and it was amazing. i'm not sure if they smoke the ham or bake it but it was great. before that i always thought it was a tie between chaptico market and mattinglys. BTW bear creek sells it for $9.95 a pound and $125 for a full ham(not sure how big the ham is.) either way i don't like giving business to bear creek but i will now for their stuffed ham:dingding:

Mmmmm Bear Creek!!! :drool: I usually go to McKay's but I think I'll try them this year!

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
Picked up 3 lbs from Lenny's today and it is better than I expected. I couldn't believe it was $10.99 a lb but then spoke to the MIL and she said she couldn't find corned ham for under 1.99 lb. Explains the high cost....

Picked up 3 lbs from Lenny's today and it is better than I expected. I couldn't believe it was $10.99 a lb but then spoke to the MIL and she said she couldn't find corned ham for under 1.99 lb. Explains the high cost....

Lenny's has great stuffed ham. It's nice and spicy, just the way I like it!:yahoo:

ImnoMensa

I got my corned ham from Murphy's and yes: It was $1.99 a lb.

I grow my own Kale and Cabbage, so no cost there ,and I cook it in the garage on a propane burner> Don't like the smell in the house for two days.I also actually stuff my ham which many who sell it in stores today do not do.

Most bone the ham ,tie the stuffing in where the bone was , and cook it. I cut holes and stuff it the old fashioned way. Makes he slices look really pretty when they are cut and placed on a platter.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
I got my corned ham from Murphy's and yes: It was $1.99 a lb.

I grow my own Kale and Cabbage, so no cost there ,and I cook it in the garage on a propane burner> Don't like the smell in the house for two days.I also actually stuff my ham which many who sell it in stores today do not do.

Most bone the ham ,tie the stuffing in where the bone was , and cook it. I cut holes and stuff it the old fashioned way. Makes he slices look really pretty when they are cut and placed on a platter.

Got mine from Gilbert on Wednesday morning and stuffed it and cooked it in my garage too...It WILL smell a house up...I did the same thing...I loaded where the bone was and still slitted it...I was always told to cook it for 20 minutes a pound but everytime I do it comes out a little dry...I only did 15 min a lb this year and it was great...I put my burner up a little high and it cooks quick....Think I'll go and get me a samwich right now....

ImnoMensa

Got mine from Gilbert on Wednesday morning and stuffed it and cooked it in my garage too...It WILL smell a house up...I did the same thing...I loaded where the bone was and still slitted it...I was always told to cook it for 20 minutes a pound but everytime I do it comes out a little dry...I only did 15 min a lb this year and it was great...I put my burner up a little high and it cooks quick....Think I'll go and get me a samwich right now....

Turn the heat up until you get a rolling boil then cut it back to just a boil.

Get yourself a meat thermometer, cook it until it is 160 degress in the middle.

Comes out right every time.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
I jus stuffed another samwich of stuffed ham down....MMMMMMMMMgood

I really need to stop....But I just can't....