Stupid Smokers...

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Exactly which part of the nicotine soaked filter is biodegradable?? The tobacco yes, the paper yes.. the filter?? Not so much..

H

HollowSoul

itsbob said:
Exactly which part of the nicotine soaked filter is biodegradable?? The tobacco yes, the paper yes.. the filter?? Not so much..
it wil decompose quicker that styrofoam.....or wax paper.....or aluminum....
dont get me wrong, yeah it's conciddered littering..
but how many bikers have you heard of that keep ball bearings in their pocket specificly for tailgaters??

H

HollowSoul

Stupid Smokers... 09-27-2006 03:15 PM you? scientific? dumbass
:lol: i love it when someone is so excited about pointing fingers and such that they forget that they left me "green"

itsbob

I bowl overhand
HollowSoul said:
but how many bikers have you heard of that keep ball bearings in their pocket specificly for tailgaters??
None actually.. the last thing you want to do on a bike is piss someone off in a cage.. they have an advantage that your rib cage just can't compete with...

itsbob

I bowl overhand
and around here you can bet over 50% of the butts that are thrown out of a car window end up sooner or later in the Bay..

I'm not a tree hugger by any means, but wantonly throwing tons of nictotine soaked plastic into the Bay, is to me just plain stupid.

Last edited:
H

HollowSoul

How long does it take to decompose?
Styrofoam - Never
Aluminum - 80-100 years
Plastic Containers - 50-80 years
Plastic Bags - 10-20 years
Plastic Coated Containers - 5 years

itsbob

I bowl overhand
HollowSoul said:
?
True, but right now I see many more butts on the side of the road and in intersections than I do styrofoam containers, or wax paper, or even aluminum cans.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Top Ten litter items world wide
1. cigarettes/cigarette filters
2. bags
3. caps, lids
4. food containers/wrappers
5. cups, plates, forks, knives, spoons
6. plastic beverage bottles (2 liters or less)
7. glass beverage bottles
8. straws, stirrers
9. beverage cans
10. rope

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
HollowSoul said:
how many bikers have you heard of that keep ball bearings in their pocket specificly for tailgaters??
:lol: Not a good plan to pizz off Bubba in his pick-um-up truck.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
itsbob said:
Top Ten litter items world wide

1. cigarettes/cigarette filters
2. bags
3. caps, lids
4. food containers/wrappers
5. cups, plates, forks, knives, spoons
6. plastic beverage bottles (2 liters or less)
7. glass beverage bottles
8. straws, stirrers
9. beverage cans

10. rope

We should ban eating and drinking.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Sharon said:
We should ban eating and drinking.
Bottom line is, Cigarette butts are at the top of the list.. a lot more people eat then smoke..

See, I don't know you well, but I have met you. YOu don't seem like the kind of person that would throw your McD's bag out your car window while driving down the road, and you seem a lot like me when it comes to the environment. You aren't a tree hugger by any means, but you aren't gong to be careless with a campfire in the woods either.. You're not going to march with GreenPeace, but you aren't going to dump your household trash in the Bay.. so why dump your cigarette butts there?

It just doesn't add up, it doesn't make sense. Is it that hard to collect your cigarette butts and put them in the trash at the end of the day?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
and in a particular clean up that was represntative of the above stats.. The Lake outside of New Orleans..
Trash picked up during clean up.. two BAGS of cigarettes and butts, two soda cup lids, ... etc.. Cigarette Butts weren't just #1 on the list.. they were in their own class of trash..

H

HollowSoul

itsbob said:
and in a particular clean up that was represntative of the above stats.. The Lake outside of New Orleans..
Trash picked up during clean up.. two BAGS of cigarettes and butts, two soda cup lids, ... etc.. Cigarette Butts weren't just #1 on the list.. they were in their own class of trash..
In a recent study, it has been proven that BMW motorcycles burn more fuel quicker that any other mode of transportation including the space shuttle.
DOWN WITH BMW :boo:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
HollowSoul said:
In a recent study, it has been proven that BMW motorcycles burn more fuel quicker that any other mode of transportation including the space shuttle.
DOWN WITH BMW :boo:
Hey now, lets not get personal.. hitting below the belt.. :lmao:

HollowSoul said:
How long does it take to decompose?
Styrofoam - Never
Aluminum - 80-100 years
Plastic Containers - 50-80 years
Plastic Bags - 10-20 years
Plastic Coated Containers - 5 years
Never heard of any of those causing a fire though.
Back in Az we were driving along a remote road and started noticing broken bottles in the road, beer mostly. A mile or so up the road were a couple of hikers calmly walking along the road picking up bottles from the side of the road and busting them in the middle. Just their little statement I guess. :lmao:

Floyd2004

-Void-
HollowSoul said:
Stupid Smokers... 09-27-2006 03:15 PM you? scientific? dumbass
:lol: i love it when someone is so excited about pointing fingers and such that they forget that they left me "green"

Hope you think that wasnt me...

But Yea Bob seems to know what im talking about in this matter.

Reminds me of yesterday morning. I gassed up and when i was walking out from paying a woman walked out with me, stopped and unwraped her pack of ciggs and just let the wrapper drop to the ground. There was a trash can no more than 5 feet from her.

People just need to stop being lazy about things thats all.