Suggestions needed ASAP, please

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
In fact I know someone who makes a bit of a hobby collecting old and infirm dogs. If you post the pooch's picture, I will make sure she sees it and will feel so bad for the old guy that she'll take him off your hands to live in her menagerie until the end of his days.

Of course, she will throttle me for this, but I'm just trying to help.

I totally forgot about Mother Christina.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
In fact I know someone who makes a bit of a hobby collecting old and infirm dogs. If you post the pooch's picture, I will make sure she sees it and will feel so bad for the old guy that she'll take him off your hands to live in her menagerie until the end of his days.

Of course, she will throttle me for this, but I'm just trying to help.

I bet I know who you're talking about. :lol:

I'd send the biatch ass wife who wants to send an old dog to the shelter before I'd send the dog. Just sayin'.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
You know cause I actually had an old faithful friend and I give a shiyt about your dog that you appear not to,

I did an internet search and found this:
House With A Heart Senior Pet Sanctuary

Why don't you contact them? Or do a search yourself and find some organization to contact.

Gawd this thread is horrid horrid horrid.

15 years, I just cannot imagine abandoning my dog.

there,there Miggy..... :huggy: I want to thank you for finding this and all we can do is hope and pray the poor pup gets to see another Xmas

It does hurt to know my friend dumped her GSD at the shelter years ago to be PTS... and they didnt stay with him. :bawl:........ I always tell mine not to leave this world without me by their side.... oh god... I cant even think of living without the ones I have now. Crap!! When something happens to E.... they better put me in a padded cell.

Chit it hurts just thinking about life without them

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Jesus Christ, people, get a freakin' grip. It's a 15 year old dog with health problems and they are getting ready to move. OP could have taken the dog in to get :dead: but he is trying to find it a home instead. Sounds to me like they do love their wuppo and are trying to do what's best for him.

Nutties. :mad:

sunflower

Loving My Life...
Doesnt anyone think about animals before moving and stuff... Shame on you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He has given you 15 years and you want to just toss him out like hes nothing.. Wow

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Doesnt anyone think about animals before moving and stuff...

No, most sane people do not revolve their life around their damn dog. Or cat. Or hamster. Or goldfish.

:rolleyes:

Anyway, K, post the pic and I'll try and guilt Mother Christina into getting the dog as a Christmas present for her other old infirm dog, Geezer. He could use a pal to lay around all day with him.

sunflower

Loving My Life...
No, most sane people do not revolve their life around their damn dog. Or cat. Or hamster. Or goldfish.

:rolleyes:

Anyway, K, post the pic and I'll try and guilt Mother Christina into getting the dog as a Christmas present for her other old infirm dog, Geezer. He could use a pal to lay around all day with him.

Right

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
:bawl: but..but..you said I was a rescuer..

You are :lol:

Claudia is 16 going on 17. And while she doesn't have any behavior or physical issues, she's still an old broad. If I had to move because of work or whatever, and couldn't take her with me, I would try to find someone to take her. If that were unsuccessful, I'd have her put down. BUT I would try to find an alternative first.

Which is what OP appears to be doing.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
He said his wife wants to dump him at the shelter.

Are you suggesting his wife is insane? And maybe he should divorce her in favor of the dog?

Or could it be that she's not familiar with shelters and thinks that might be kinder to the dog than dumping it on the side of the road or having it killed?

Cowgirl

Are you suggesting his wife is insane? And maybe he should divorce her in favor of the dog?

Or could it be that she's not familiar with shelters and thinks that might be kinder to the dog than dumping it on the side of the road or having it killed?

I'm suggesting she wants to do what is convenient for her, without thinking about what is best for the dog. And I was replying to your comment that "sane people don't revolve their life around their dog." Thinking about your pets when you move is hardly insane.

sunflower

Loving My Life...
Hasn't both of them been taking care of this dog for 15yrs? What's a few months alone doing it while she sells the house?