Summer Vacation?

Are you traveling anywhere for a vacation this year?

• Yes

Votes: 32 59.3%
  • No

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 10 18.5%

• Total voters

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Hessian said:
How bad is the interstate cutting through the MTS? Is it like the 70 out to Cumberland or worse?
I hear it's not bad and very pretty. I'm sure it'll go smoothly for you. :yay:

Triggerfish

Hessian said:
Or at least I think it is!
I will be staying in Sevierville.

Gatlinburg is close. IMHO I think Gatlinburg is a lot more attractive than Pigeon Forge and Sevierville. Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg are both very touristy but Gatlinburg is a lot prettier. It has a pseudo-Alpine feel to it. Pigeon Forge just looked like uncontrolled tourist related growth of gift shops, restaurants, and lodgings.

janey83

Twenty Something
Triggerfish said:
Gatlinburg is close. IMHO I think Gatlinburg is a lot more attractive than Pigeon Forge and Sevierville. Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg are both very touristy but Gatlinburg is a lot prettier. It has a pseudo-Alpine feel to it. Pigeon Forge just looked like uncontrolled tourist related growth of gift shops, restaurants, and lodgings.

My family went there for about week -- 10 years ago. We stayed in a timeshare, up on one of the mountains, which was absolutely beautiful. We went to Dollywood (not enough rides IMO), and went to a few tourist spots. There's enough of a selection of stuff to do that everyone would have fun there. But one thing...you'd have to at least tolerate country music because there's a lot of it down there.