Sunday Hunting, What's you're opinion?

JustynSayneBand

I'm gonna get on the phone and call our buddy Martin and tell him that hunters in Maryland want to have Sunday available for hunting, and Maryland should catch up with the times and stop thinking like it's the 1700's and allow hunting on Sundays in Maryland. I also want to remind him of all the other states in this union that have Sunday hunting in law. I want to let him know that the majority of hunters work for a living everyday except on Sundays, and we want to have that day to do what we want to do in the great outdoors.

What's your opinion on Sunday hunting in Maryland?

Would you sign a petition to have the law passed?

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Isn't hunting already allowed on Sundays? I thought this is something that went into effect like 3-4 years ago?

Cowgirl

Aren't there certain days (Sundays) where it is allowed? I don't really want hunters to have sundays...because other people would like to be able to use the land without worrying they're going to be shot. Private land is one thing, but I don't think they should allow it on public land.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Jesus christ give me one day a week to ride in the woods where crazy peeps don't shoot at me..

there were 2 Sundays this year that I know of that were open hunting days..

beerlover

I'm a deer hunter and I support Sunday hunting, but maybe not EVERY Sunday. I like to take the family out in the woods and I prefer to do it when I know there is no hunting going on just to avoid a case of mistaken identity on the part of some less-than-cautious hunter. There are a lot of bozos out on the public land sometimes. But the guys who work Saturdays should be allowed to have some days in the woods hunting as well. They need a few more Sundays than are currently allowed.

Wickedwrench

Stubborn and opinionated
As a waterfowler, I have always wished to be able to hunt on Sundays in Maryland. Most working class folks that enjoy hunting have very little free time to enjoy themselves these days. I know some hunters have tried in the past to get Sundays opened up to no avail.

Nothing like getting calls from my cousins in Missouri talking about the bag limits they got while I was sitting at home on Sunday.:burning:

I think it's time Maryland got out of the dark ages. The whole purpose of not allowing Sunday hunts was supposedly to make people go to church. Not that it's a bad idea but most of my fellow hunters aren't church goers.

oldman

Lobster Land
I can see it from both sides but would have to officially say I'm more against it than for it.

JustynSayneBand

Pasofever said:
Jesus christ give me one day a week to ride in the woods where crazy peeps don't shoot at me..
there were 2 Sundays this year that I know of that were open hunting days..

Well, in all reality you can not operate an all terrain vehicle on state park land, and you sure can't do it on other peeps private land. I assume that's what you mean by "ride in the woods". I would also have to add that if, crazy peeps are shooting at you, then that is most likely because they don't care to hear that noisy egg-beater coming through the woods. They are not shooting at you, they are trying to get a direct hit on your engine block. Trust me, I have laid my share of boards full of nails on my property lines, what fun that is... pop, pop, pop, pop!

JustynSayneBand

AK-74me said:
Isn't hunting already allowed on Sundays? I thought this is something that went into effect like 3-4 years ago?

Yes, but, those are a limited number of days per region, it is not every Sunday throughout the entire season, which it ought to be.

Let the deer rest on a weekday... while I'm at work!

JustynSayneBand

beerlover said:
I'm a deer hunter and I support Sunday hunting, but maybe not EVERY Sunday. I like to take the family out in the woods and I prefer to do it when I know there is no hunting going on just to avoid a case of mistaken identity on the part of some less-than-cautious hunter. There are a lot of bozos out on the public land sometimes. But the guys who work Saturdays should be allowed to have some days in the woods hunting as well. They need a few more Sundays than are currently allowed.

Ok, I can see your point here on this one, then maybe you'd be willing to allow for the of the rest of us to hunt on Sundays on private land.

The problem I have is that, I never see families out strolling in the state parks when it's 30-40 degrees outside during deer season.

JustynSayneBand

**tiff** said:
Sunday is the only day I can expect to see my hubby during deer season.........

Yes, that might be true, but, trust me , your hubby is spending all day Sunday thinking about where he's gonna set on Monday.

My wife says, "See you in the Spring dear!" LOL

JustynSayneBand

Wickedwrench said:
As a waterfowler, I have always wished to be able to hunt on Sundays in Maryland. Most working class folks that enjoy hunting have very little free time to enjoy themselves these days. I know some hunters have tried in the past to get Sundays opened up to no avail.

Nothing like getting calls from my cousins in Missouri talking about the bag limits they got while I was sitting at home on Sunday.:burning:

I think it's time Maryland got out of the dark ages. The whole purpose of not allowing Sunday hunts was supposedly to make people go to church. Not that it's a bad idea but most of my fellow hunters aren't church goers.

AMEN!

oldman

Lobster Land
JustynSayneBand said:
Well, in all reality you can not operate an all terrain vehicle on state park land, and you sure can't do it on other peeps private land. I assume that's what you mean by "ride in the woods". I would also have to add that if, crazy peeps are shooting at you, then that is most likely because they don't care to hear that noisy egg-beater coming through the woods. They are not shooting at you, they are trying to get a direct hit on your engine block. Trust me, I have laid my share of boards full of nails on my property lines, what fun that is... pop, pop, pop, pop!

I don't want to speak for Paso, but you used the word "assume" and you know what that equates to. Paso rides horses, not ATV's, and I'm pretty sure they do ride year round. I think one problem here is that if one is not a hunter they don't necessarily keep up on when the season is open so they "assume" Sundays are a day they can get out without fear of being shot and it just my opinion that they should. Were I still a hunter and wanted to hunt that bad I'd take a sick day during the week or even a week of vacation. And you might be surprised how many family outings of all types take place
year around into the forests. And for clarification, I am a conservationist but not the tree hugging or anti-hunting type. As a member of the Izaak Walton League, wise use of the land and it's resources, for all to enjoy.

gumby

I AM GUMBY DAMMIT
Wickedwrench said:

:yeahthat:

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
I'm not against hunting or anything, but I think the deers should get one day a week where they don't have to worry about getting shot. Poor things have to be a nervous wreck: :yikes: What was that? :shocking:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
THANK YOU Oldman.....I would hate to have to ask some hunter to please let me have my saddle off of HIS deer :ohwell:

I have heard of several people riding that have gotten shot..I respect hunters and dont ride when they are hunting. For my own safety and to not chace their deer away..I stay OUT OF THE WOODS 5 days a week hunting season..I really do like my Sundays in the woods.

Cowgirl

oldman said:
I don't want to speak for Paso, but you used the word "assume" and you know what that equates to. Paso rides horses, not ATV's, and I'm pretty sure they do ride year round. I think one problem here is that if one is not a hunter they don't necessarily keep up on when the season is open so they "assume" Sundays are a day they can get out without fear of being shot and it just my opinion that they should. Were I still a hunter and wanted to hunt that bad I'd take a sick day during the week or even a week of vacation. And you might be surprised how many family outings of all types take place
year around into the forests. And for clarification, I am a conservationist but not the tree hugging or anti-hunting type. As a member of the Izaak Walton League, wise use of the land and it's resources, for all to enjoy.

:clap:

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
JustynSayneBand said:
What's your opinion on Sunday hunting in Maryland?

As an avid hunter I have always enjoyed not be able to hunt on Sundays,
because if I could-I would. Just as I have done on the latest Sunday deer hunts on private land.

I still fish on Sundays, but sometimes family day takes precident

Wickedwrench

Stubborn and opinionated
K_Jo said:
I'm not against hunting or anything, but I think the deers should get one day a week where they don't have to worry about getting shot. Poor things have to be a nervous wreck: :yikes: What was that? :shocking:

They have all summer to rest.:lmao:

Besides, the deer that is shot on a Sunday can't get bounced off your grill on Monday.:yay: