Sunday Hunting, What's you're opinion?

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
blitz10 said:
nooo sundays please...its bad enough that there aloud to drink while they hunt....guns and beer.... :otter:..... that in its self is RIDICULOUS. :otter: ... they need to make them leave the 10oz home....
Thanks for the stereotype there PETA boy...:rolleyes:

gumby

I AM GUMBY DAMMIT
blitz10 said:
HHMMMMmmmmm...so its illeagle to drink and hunt?

You're mistaking responsible hunters with drunks. Responsible hunters do not drink and hunt. Get your head out of your a**. That's like saying that hunting makes people want to shoot people. Go here and learn. http://nra.org/

bfncbs1

Can you ping me now? Good
gumby said:
I'd love to have been sitting in a duck blind with about two dozen can decoys out this morning.

Ain't that the truth.......This time of year just sucks.....No hunting, No football, weather has sucked for golf.......At least Nascar is back!

blitz10

gumby said:
You're mistaking responsible hunters with drunks. Responsible hunters do not drink and hunt. Get your head out of your a**. That's like saying that hunting makes people want to shoot people. Go here and learn. http://nra.org/

DUHhhhhh...I'm not mistaking responsilbe hunters with drunks :smack: I just did not know it was illegal to drink and hunt because I see alot of hunters with their coolers full of 10oz....you must be a duck hunter :whack:

Wickedwrench

Stubborn and opinionated
blitz10 said:
DUHhhhhh...I'm not mistaking responsilbe hunters with drunks :smack: I just did not know it was illegal to drink and hunt because I see alot of hunters with their coolers full of 10oz....you must be a duck hunter :whack:

DNR would love to know where these 10 oz hunters are. Why don't you give them a call next time.

And what's wrong with being a duck hunter?:confused:

blitz10

Wickedwrench said:
DNR would love to know where these 10 oz hunters are. Why don't you give them a call next time.

And what's wrong with being a duck hunter?:confused:

:yay: nice to know its illeagle to drink and hunt...and really i just dont get hunting especailly duck hunting you have alot of guys in a small blind sitting around together waiting for hours or not with guns that shoots out lots of bebes and its a tiny duck....is there even any real meat on a tiny duck, my husband tells me, 'people like duck like some people like crabs or oysters". :confused: ...i just dont get it :confused:

O

oldnavy

Lil Bit of an Update

I got a note from Delegate Bohanan's office this morning that said the bill to allow Sunday hunting state wide had been amended for St. Mary's county only and that we did not get every Sunday, but did get a few more. House Bill 601 now provides for Archery hunting on the last three Sundays in October, second Sunday in November and second Sunday of Firearms Season. This applies only to private property.

wilcam47

:howdy: everyone...this is my first post on SOMD which I have recently been checking out. Really nice and seemingly friendly site that kicks around a bit of fun too. Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Sunday Hunting...a very big issue for me being a transplant from the midwest where we were able to hunt on Sunday. Matter of fact, when I move here I was shocked that there were still places that you could not hunt on Sunday...MD being 1 of only 7 remaining states where that is the case. It's also the oldest remaining "blue law" on the books in MD. That said, here are a couple of thoughts...
-First of all, the two Sunday hunting days that were approved were only on private land. Most hunters don't own their own land and depend on State land for hunting. Without Sunday hunting, most hunters only get one day a week to hunt...not 6. Most can only hunt on Saturday since Mon-Fri are days that they are working to support their families. Even Saturdays can be difficult to hunt for some that work more than just M-F. Saturdays can also be difficult due to sports and/or other activities that the hunters kids may be involved with.
-Sunday being a day to spend with family is no argument if that persons family also likes to hunt. Or...what if I don't have family here to spend time with? It's nobodys business to tell me what I should or should not do on Sunday.
-Deer don't need Sunday to rest...they do that M-F when hunters are at work.
-When I'm not hunting, I still spend a lot of time in the state parks and wildlife management areas hiking and scouting. I VERY rarely see any horseback riding going on on Sunday and don't buy this argument at all. I'm not saying there are not riders out there, but that there are not as many as are claimed by the groups that use that as a reason to keep Sunday hunting out.
-I can fish, why not hunt? I can plop my as$ on my couch and watch football all day, why not hunt? I can hike, ride, scout, and any other otherwise legal activity on Sunday...why not hunt?
There are a lot of other issues, but I'll get off my soap box now and stop with the :blahblah: . Probably not a very good first post to put on the board, but....
I'll close by saying that I am working very hard with MD legislation and trying to get the law changed. Sorry if that turns some off, but it's being worked very hard by myself and lots of others.

Now, my SO is out of town tonight....anyone want to go have a beer? :cheers:

+1! The only time I would worry about going out ridding would be during rifle/firearms/muzzle loader...as you have the very few hunters shooting at whatever moves! I am a hunter and no I do not do this nor does 99% of the other hunters but one idiot hunter makes all other hunters look bad! If people are worried about going out on sundays the can wear the blaze orange and put some on their horse if need be. during firearms muzzle loader etc. hunting should be open for sunday hunts...the first reason is because most bow shots should be less than 40yds can you shoot 50yds yes...but for the most part they are under 40 and most likely under 25yds...if you cant identify a horse and rider under 50yds you really dont need to be hunting period! second like stated above most people work during the week and I see very few hunters out during the week if any....I am one of those people so basically Saturdays are my only day to hunt unless I get a day off during the week and some of those days are gone as well due to other committments and or being sick. thirdly we need more days to hunt because its good for the deer population to be properly managed! if you get too many they get overpopulated and more get run over, sick, or getting too many which eat too much and that itself weakens the deer population...proper management brings out quality deer.

somdshootnet

I have no issues with Sunday hunting. I'm pretty sure the rest of the world is beyond the religious ways of the 1700's. Give a God fearing man a Sunday hunting, he'll take his chances - SOMDSHOOT

Dukesdad

If we are talking about deer hunting, leave the season open year round. Day time night time. he!! I don't are if you go up in helicopters and machine gun bambi...

RPMDAD

I am all for Sunday hunting. Like someone mentioned earlier working M-F only leaves you. Sat.