Superbowl Set!!!

G

giggles04

Re: Re: So who's gonna be the grandpoobah of picking the winner and score??

Originally posted by penncam

PS: Giggles, whether or not the Bucs win, the Redskins(AKA-Manila Folders) are still kicking their own butts for letting Johnson go!

This is true... but it would be soooo much better if TB wins the Super Bowl!:smile:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Prognosticating at it's...

finest.

Seeing as how I was THIS close last week...

"And the answer is...
Eagles...13
Bucs ...10

Raiders...237
Tuxedos...17

...I'll just watch the game...Bucs win!!!

tater

Originally posted by demsformd
I can't see how the Bucs D can stop the passing attack of the Raiders. Raiders 23-6.

Well let's see, because a good "D" will usually stop a good "O" (there's a joke in there somewhere). Also, the Bucs offense isn't all that shabby with Jerevicious, Alstott, and co. Not to mention Barber on "D" with some nifty picks. Anybody wanna wager ? :really:

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
A good defense wins ballgames.

Remember the Ravens? The year they won the Super Bowl, they didn't score a touchdown in the month of October! Remember the Pats last year? Better D...

And, because Al Davis is a jerk and doesn't deserve a win (sorry Tim & Jerry!)

Bucs 24
Raiders 17

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Number 1 offense versus the number 1 defense - tough choice, but I say Tampa by 3, final 27 to 24. Just hope it isn't an officials call that makes the game.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Originally posted by giggles04
I want to see TB win... cause the Redskins can kick themselves in the butt for letting Brad Johnson leave!

While they are at it, kick them for letting Rich Gannon go too. They let him go after an injury (similar circumstances to Brad's departure.) Norv Turner thought Heath Shuler was the answer at quarterback (Heath is out of football and has a booming Tennessee real estate business.) Oh yeah, the same Heath Shuler that Norv took instead of Trent Dilfer. Right you are - the same Dilfer who helped the Ravens win the big game a couple of years ago.

There's a lot of Redskin history at the super bowl in the last 10 years. Unfortunately, that history involves players who aren't on their roster!

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Not bad, hon......

Originally posted by IM4Change
This is the final score I am hoping for. :cheers:
:smile: Everyone, ESPN, USA Today, etc., seem to be going for a 20 to 17 outcome - one way or another! I like the Raiders myself, because when it's "for all the marbles", they've always found a way to come through. That's their history.
We'll see; one thing is for sure: I am not betting on this game. I feel it can go either way.

:cheers: penn

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Oh heck....

Originally posted by red
BUCCANEERS RULE!!
:blushing: What am I supposed to say, except that the Tampa Bay defense is absolutely taken the game over so far(first half). I had no idea they would be this effective against the Raiders. They've rushed Gannon so fiercely that he doesn't have time to set up and read the defense. They've been on his butt so quick, he can't seem to adjust. Not a good sign. Unless they make some terrific adjustments at halftime here, I'm afraid the out come is sealed.
God, I loathe saying that, but let's be real. It's a darn good thing neither team is my favorite, Giants, remember?
Ok, let's check out the second half. See you all later......

:frown: penn

red

'nuff said

gotta love the way you raider fans let this thread slip through the cracks!

ha ha
ha ha

tater

Originally posted by tater (a couple days ago)
Well let's see, because a good "D" will usually stop a good "O" Also, the Bucs offense isn't all that shabby with Jerevicious, Alstott, and co. Not to mention Barber on "D" with some nifty picks. :really:

:wink: :biggrin:

Last edited:
K

Kizzy

sneaking in and sneaking out with my tail between my legs. :bawl: What a bummer.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Hey, Hey, IM4Change......

Originally posted by IM4Change
sneaking in and sneaking out with my tail between my legs. :bawl: What a bummer.
:frown: I hear ya girl, but who could predict that Gannon was gonna throw FIVE interceptions? And what were the stats on Oaklands' running game - 19 yards?
Face it, Tampa Bays' defense totally dominated the game and they deserved the win.
Another thing: Somewhere in the third quarter, I heard Pat O'Brien say to Madden "Tampa Bay seems to be reading the Raiders' playbook", I had to agree. John Gruden may have had something to do with that; I don't mean stealing plays illegally, but he was their Head Coach last year, and had some insight as to what the Raiders might do in a given series of plays and situations.
Oh well, as they say in Redskins' Land, there's always next year!!
:cheers: penn (Good Morning, Cattitude!)