Superbowl Set!!!

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Re: Hey, Hey, IM4Change......

Originally posted by penncam
:Another thing: Somewhere in the third quarter, I heard Pat O'Brien say to Madden "Tampa Bay seems to be reading the Raiders' playbook", I had to agree. John Gruden may have had something to do with that; I don't mean stealing plays illegally, but he was their Head Coach last year, and had some insight as to what the Raiders might do in a given series of plays and situations.
(Good Morning, Cattitude!)

Good Lord, Penn. Give up. I mean I can read and even memorize a book on how to do the Tango, doesn't mean I can dance it a lick! Face it, again you made a poor sports decision. But, I remember you made a comment a while back about being an old dog and not being able to be taught new tricks. Sorry for your luck.:biggrin:

And don't you think that running around all hours, skipping curfews, walking out on inteviews, etc. and acting like "donkeys" in general might have had something to do with their performance on the field? They came out flat and unprepared.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Re: So who's gonna be the grandpoobah of picking the winner and score??

Originally posted by otter
ez_one20690 - Raiders 31 Bucs 27

Tim Mcneil - Raiders blowout

Otter - Buccs 31 Raiders 10

PennCam - Raiders 27 Buccs 10

Bruzilla - Buccs blowout

Tater - Buccs 63 Raiders 0

Im4Change - Raiders blowout

Demsformd - Raiders 23 Buccs 6

Taz - Raiders 31 Buccs 17

Giggles04 - Buccs 35 Raiders 21

Larry - Buccs just win,baby

Oz - Buccs 24 Raiders 17

Ken - Buccs 27 Raiders 24

Just curious...any political preference comparisons here?

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Re: Re: Hey, Hey, IM4Change......

Originally posted by cattitude
Good Lord, Penn. Give up. I mean I can read and even memorize a book on how to do the Tango, doesn't mean I can dance it a lick! Face it, again you made a poor sports decision. But, I remember you made a comment a while back about being an old dog and not being able to be taught new tricks. Sorry for your luck.:biggrin:

And don't you think that running around all hours, skipping curfews, walking out on inteviews, etc. and acting like "donkeys" in general might have had something to do with their performance on the field? They came out flat and unprepared.
Tsk, Tsk! Oh right, Catt! It's the third quarter, you're down 34 to 3 and it's maybe, just maybe, getting down to "desperation time". On one side, there's the #1 rated defense, and on the other side the #1 rated offense; I think J. Gruden was smart enough to take advantage of his time coaching the Raiders, and basically make sure whatever comeback the Raiders tried, he would have had some insight as to their tendencies, and adjust to them. Do you think P. O'Brien made the statement out of the blue??
But really, it comes down to this: you can't say enough about Tampa Bay's defense.
What have we got now; another dynasty in the making? Watch and see if the sportscasters don't start hawking that theory!
BTW, can you do the Tango?
:biggrin: penn (Say? Was Brad Johnson ever a Redskin? Can't remember.)

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Penn, I don't doubt that Chucky had an advantage as far as knowing the players, how they react to situations, etc. I realize I'm a GIRL and I could have limited football knowlege but don't the teams play the same game? Same defenseive plays and offensive plays but with different twists? Sure, the Bucs' defense may have had some insight into what they thought the Raiders were going to throw at them, BUT they still had to execute the plays. And, really, was Callahan using Chucky's old playbooks? He had to have some original plays in there, didn't he?

As for O'Brien, a statement out of the blue? No, I'm sure not. Sportcasters NEVER make statements out of the blue.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Re: Re: Re: Hey, Hey, IM4Change......

Tsk, Tsk! Oh right, Catt! It's the third quarter, you're down 34 to 3 and it's maybe, just maybe, getting down to "desperation time". On one side, there's the #1 rated defense, and on the other side the #1 rated offense; I think J. Gruden was smart enough to take advantage of his time coaching the Raiders, and basically make sure whatever comeback the Raiders tried, he would have had some insight as to their tendencies, and adjust to them. Do you think P. O'Brien made the statement out of the blue??
But really, it comes down to this: you can't say enough about Tampa Bay's defense.
What have we got now; another dynasty in the making? Watch and see if the sportscasters don't start hawking that theory!
BTW, can you do the Tango?
:biggrin: penn (Say? Was Brad Johnson ever a Redskin? Can't remember.)
They had John Lynch "mic'ed up" for the game and in the 2nd quarter they showed him talking to one of the coaches and he said "Hey coach, every play they have run so far we did in practice."

Preparation, skill and desire are what Tampa had on their side and boy did it show.

Yes, Brad was a skin but got dinged up and Snyder got rid of him.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Re: Re: Re: Hey, Hey, IM4Change......

(Say? Was Brad Johnson ever a Redskin? Can't remember.)

Oh, YEAH...I hope he's flashing that big ole Super Bowl ring in the face of Danny Boy... :biggrin:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Re: Re: Re: Re: Hey, Hey, IM4Change......

Originally posted by Ken King

Oh geeez Ken, you bit. He was just baiting me with that comment.

MrSnyder

Originally posted by jazz lady
Oh, YEAH...I hope he's flashing that big ole Super Bowl ring in the face of Danny Boy... :biggrin:

Hey! Thats not funny..I got bad advice!!:bawl:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm

Originally posted by Ken King
They had John Lynch "mic'ed up" for the game and in the 2nd quarter they showed him talking to one of the coaches and he said "Hey coach, every play they have run so far we did in practice."

Preparation, skill and desire are what Tampa had on their side and boy did it show.

:smile: Thanks Ken for bringing that tidbit about John Lynch to the front. All I'm saying Catt is Tampa Bays coaching staff had knowledge of which schemes Oakland would probably use when they tried to mount a comeback in the second half.
As the Tampa Bay player said, "Every play they've run so far, we did in practice!" By no means was it the primary reason Oakland got beat; Tampa Bays' defense was more than up for the task and Oakland clearly wasn't.
Ken is right when he said Tampa had preparation, skill and desire on their side; I wonder what happened to Oakland?
Catt, you're probably right about Oakland players being out all night, skipping curfews and walking out on interviews and etc. On the eve of as big a game the Super Bowl is, that isn't too smart, not if you want to take that trophy home.
Bottom line: the better team won!
:smile: penn

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hey, Hey, IM4Change......

Originally posted by cattitude
Oh geeez Ken, you bit. He was just baiting me with that comment.
:biggrin: My dearest Cattitude, moi? I would "bait" an adorable friend like you over an ex-Redskin player? Perish the thought!

How could Dan Snyder help himself, he recieved bad advice. BTW,
somebody did mention the fact that there were a number of ex-skins playing for for either Oakland or Tampa Bay last night.

:cheers: penn

PS: I could mention the fact that Jeremy Shockey of the Giants won the Rookie of the Year Award, but I realize you probably don't want to hear about that at this moment.