Superbowl

Bonehead

Loved, loved, LOVED the half-time show! Bruno is a most excellent entertainer and the Red Hot Chili Peppers were pumped as always! Folks were commenting on them being half dressed for such a cold night, but when you consider they've been known to play in just a sock I'd say they were quite clothed!

IMHO the half time show sucked, really poor acoustics and seemed more of a frenzied attempt to perform like a pack of maniacs, than to demonstrate any talent.

Don't get me wrong I like both groups music but that show sucked bad.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
IMHO the half time show sucked, really poor acoustics and seemed more of a frenzied attempt to perform like a pack of maniacs, than to demonstrate any talent.

Don't get me wrong I like both groups music but that show sucked bad.

Ok, but, you can read the other comments and you can see the NFL's success at this approach; get more total fans, including people who could not care less about football, by offering half time extravaganza's that non football fans will watch, and talk about, and football fans will simply suffer through.

It's really no different than the marching bands of days gone by. Hell, even I felt a real sense of obligation to find out who the hell Bruno Mars is given I was going to end up watching. Guy is talented as all hell. The fun in it for me is trying to figure out who is live and who is memorex. All the vocals seemed live, the horns not, figure the drum kits they were just playing along as I didn't see a single mic and the guitars had to be canned especially the Chili Pepper guitarist whose lead was spot on in the middle of the seizure he performed.

I despised half time shows when it was just marching bands. This crap they do now, I've developed a comfort level with that and the inane commercials of just being amused at how stupid it all is and that we gobble it up.

:buddies:

donbarzini

The game was over at the 1st snap. Mind-numbingly horrid after that. Even Seattle fans, although elated, had to be thinking: "It can't possibly be this easy.".

Liked Bruno. I called the split just before it happened. Couldn't really hear RHCP.

Top three commercials:

1. Radio Shack: The 80's called, they want their store back
2. Audi Doberhuahua: Putting Sarah McLachlan in was pure genius
3. Doritos: Time Machine

garyt27

INAFJ
The game was over at the 1st snap. Mind-numbingly horrid after that. Even Seattle fans, although elated, had to be thinking: "It can't possibly be this easy.".

Liked Bruno. I called the split just before it happened. Couldn't really hear RHCP.

Top three commercials:

1. Radio Shack: The 80's called, they want their store back
2. Audi Doberhuahua: Putting Sarah McLachlan in was pure genius
3. Doritos: Time Machine

I liked these 3 also, but Audi dog #1

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
:lmao:

Attachments

• Broncs.jpg
    Broncs.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 57

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Last time Manning was made a bitch by the opposing defense was January 2, 1998 in the Orange Bowl.

Attachments

• Peyton Manning Chokes at 1998 Orange Bowl.jpg
    Peyton Manning Chokes at 1998 Orange Bowl.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 52

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I called it in post #36. But what's the deal with ripping on Manning? Why the hate on him? He put up more yards than anybody.

Was he on the field when Seattle had the ball? Did he snap that ball two yards to his right and over his head on the first play from scrimmage?Was he on the kick defense team when Harvin made that KO return to start the second half for a TD? Was he blocking for himself when his arm was jammed for the int return for a TD?

I am not a Manning fan. Just a football fan. Not saying this about any individual here, so far.

But so many talking about "his legacy" - trying to say this should hurt his accomplishments is comparable to - what? The TEAM accomplishments during the three SB's he participated in? Or his body of work, by the team's he played on that would not have ever been in that position he lead them to over what - 17 years?

Teams - not individuals - win or lose games, especially SB's.

His team was demolished by a superior team.

Manning has been an active participant in three SB's that would never have been attended by the Colts or Broncos except for his general play and leadership.

How many have you been to, even as a spectator?

Last edited: