Supreme Court upholds federal gun ban for those under domestic violence restraining orders

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Absolutely. And when the police finally arrived, away she went.

She beat the sh*t out of him, put him in the hospital, perhaps killed him?

Because that's what male abusers do to women.

It's rare for the woman to be the physical abuser. End.

These discussions are silly because statistics and anyone in the world's personal observation is that men are FAR more likely to physically abuse and kill their female partner. You can cherrypick a few individual cases, but it still doesn't change the facts.

HemiHauler

These discussions are silly because statistics and anyone in the world's personal observation is that men are FAR more likely to physically abuse and kill their female partner. You can cherrypick a few individual cases, but it still doesn't change the facts.

Here are the data, Pookie:

Reactions: BOP

PJay

pulp fiction dancing GIF by sofiahydman

BOP

People have a hard time grasping the potential severity of psychological abuse and women's violence against men, according to a new study from Lund University in Sweden. The research reveals discrepancies in how victims—in contrast to the rest of society—evaluate different types of violence.

"Our study could have implications for how we assess violent crimes, for instance," says Sverker Sikström, lead author of the study and professor of psychology at Lund University.

Physical violence is often perceived as more severe than psychological violence. The same applies when a man is physically abused by a woman, as opposed to the other way round.

The research team asked 113 US participants to write a text describing either psychological or physical violence that they had experienced in an intimate relationship, and to rate how severe the violence was. These texts were then given to 340 other participants, that read them and also rated them for severity. The psychological abuse was rated as less severe by those reading about it, compared with those who had experienced it. In contrast, physical violence was rated as more severe by the readers.

"We often focus on how dangerous physical violence is and forget how much people suffer from psychological abuse," says Sverker Sikström. "This may simply be a communication issue, where we are unable to convey psychological suffering in the same way."

Isolation from others, verbal aggression, threats, control, harassment or insults are examples of psychological violence that are often experienced as worse than physical violence such as hitting, kicking, slapping, shaking, punching or choking.

The Lund researchers also examined the significance of gender for how physical violence is perceived. This was done by swapping the names of female and male perpetrators and victims. The violence was rated as worse if the rater incorrectly believed it was carried out by a man against a woman, than if it was the other way round.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

And you would be Wrong .....

explain domestic violence in same sex marriages .... gay men, low, lesbians high

Reactions: BOP

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Hmm. That didn't age well.

It aged just fine. You want to believe some internet blog and I prefer to believe what I know to be true.

I feel like you should be able to look at people you know personally and realize that it's far more common for men to hospitalize or kill their female partners than for a woman to do the same to her male partner. She hurted his fee fees doesn't count. It also doesn't count that she's bossy and he's scared to stand up to her. I'm talking major physical violence.

You people KNOW this to be true, and yet you persist.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
It aged just fine. You want to believe some internet blog and I prefer to believe what I know to be true.

I feel like you should be able to look at people you know personally and realize that it's far more common for men to hospitalize or kill their female partners than for a woman to do the same to her male partner. She hurted his fee fees doesn't count. It also doesn't count that she's bossy and he's scared to stand up to her. I'm talking major physical violence.

ya can't win 'em all. :razz:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
ya can't win 'em all. :razz:

Well you can certainly believe what you want - all those battered women are faking it and mens are being beaten and killed by their little woman on the regular. It's immaterial and not worth arguing about because you will never convince me of that and I'll never convince you.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
"Psychological violence" - give me a ****ing break. "Oh, she committed psychological violence on me so I broke her jaw - it's her fault! SHE was the aggressive one!"

:rolleyes:

Moronic progbot whinerspeak.

HemiHauler

Let me introduce you to a very important concept in statistical sciences: sample size bias.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

On the micro level, anecdotally, in your experiences, you might be correct. On the macro level, real world actual life, you are incorrect.

In addition, I would say, that the reason you think men are the majority cause of domestic violence, is becasue after years of dealing with her BS, pettiness, vindictiveness, narcissistic physiological warfare and many times battery, men just snap rather than walk away, because they are invested, monetarily and time wise. Nine times out of ten, it is the woman that is the cause of relationship issues. You can blame feminism for this.