swine flu or ????

C

CalvertNewbie

Can anyone help me build a bubble for my little boy to live in? :lol: Dr said it's already a bad flu year and it's gonna get worse. They gave my son a flu shot a couple of weeks ago and he'll go back for his booster in 2 more weeks.

I hope that all these sick children are feeling better. Bad enough when we get sick but heartbreaking to see the little ones in pain and miserable. :huggy: to all the sleep deprived parents out there who have been busy caring for their sick families lately.

TurboK9

Just an FYI.... Although diarhea in kids with the flu is common, it is rare with adults. It is however typical with H1N1, so if you have an adult with flu symptoms AND diarhea, it could very well be swine. If the adults aren't pooping liquid fits, probably seasonal flu.

I was pretty sick last week and checked the CDC for H1N1 symptoms... So if you're pooping runnily keep a close eye on the young 'uns.

Flu stats for mid September week ending 19th... we are region III:

CDC - Seasonal Influenza (Flu) - Weekly Report: Influenza Summary Update

Note... The majority of influenza A viruses that cannot be sub-typed as seasonal influenza viruses are 2009 A (H1N1) influenza viruses upon further testing. So when you look at the numbers for 2009-H1N1 add in the "non-tested" and "non-sub-typed" for A.

I'm curious to see the numbers again now that school has been in session for about 2 months.

Wow... CDC: Nearly 1 in 3 Pregnant Women Hospitalized for H1N1 Have Died in U.S.

CDC: Nearly 1 in 3 Pregnant Women Who've Contracted H1N1 Have Died in U.S. - Infectious Disease - FOXNews.com

Dr. Manny Alvarez, head of maternal fetal medicine at Hackensack University Medical Center in Hackensack, N.J., and managing editor of health at FOXNews.com, said there are two fundamental risk factors that pregnant women face when they get the flu.

“First, pregnant woman have an immune system that is slow – it’s like their immune system is on standby – and it’s not as reactive as a non-pregnant person’s,” Alvarez said. “And because of that, viruses, especially flu viruses of any sort can create a very severe infection.”

The second challenge women face is as the baby grows inside the womb, the anatomy of a woman’s chest changes.

“Their whole respiratory volume changes,” Alvarez said. “So if they get a secondary infection, such as pneumonia after the flu, it makes it very challenging and problematic for doctors to get airflow back into the lungs.”

Until now, the CDC has never really looked closely at influenza in pregnant women.

lovinmaryland

Wow... CDC: Nearly 1 in 3 Pregnant Women Hospitalized for H1N1 Have Died in U.S.

CDC: Nearly 1 in 3 Pregnant Women Who've Contracted H1N1 Have Died in U.S. - Infectious Disease - FOXNews.com

Dr. Manny Alvarez, head of maternal fetal medicine at Hackensack University Medical Center in Hackensack, N.J., and managing editor of health at FOXNews.com, said there are two fundamental risk factors that pregnant women face when they get the flu.

“First, pregnant woman have an immune system that is slow – it’s like their immune system is on standby – and it’s not as reactive as a non-pregnant person’s,” Alvarez said. “And because of that, viruses, especially flu viruses of any sort can create a very severe infection.”

The second challenge women face is as the baby grows inside the womb, the anatomy of a woman’s chest changes.

“Their whole respiratory volume changes,” Alvarez said. “So if they get a secondary infection, such as pneumonia after the flu, it makes it very challenging and problematic for doctors to get airflow back into the lungs.”

Until now, the CDC has never really looked closely at influenza in pregnant women.

:cds:

punjabigyrl

7 yr old daughter woke up this morning with a fever of about 102. I have been giving her Motrin every 5 hrs, thats when the fever seems to go back up. Once it was 103 right after her nap. She's been stuffy and coughing some. Question is, with all the swine flu talk do I go ahead and call the Dr. in the morning? Go to the E.R.? Opinions? Thanks.

We have been going through the same thing. I have gone to the doctors office 3 times. Both my kids were prescribed Tami Flu. Now that they seem to be doing better my son got a rash from the Tami FLu. Guess he's allergic to it. Now I have to deal with that. I would take her to the doctor.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
My son told me yesterday that one of his friends from school (Appeal Elem) was just diagnosed with Swine Flu.

Cowgirl

Does anyone have a link to info stating the swine flu vaccine is dangerous? My sister is a day care provider with an infant, so she'll most likely have to get the vaccine (daycare providers are strongly being urged to get it), so she's looking into it a bit more. She said she's read that it's been approved by the FDA, and it's manufactured the same way as the regular flu vaccine, except targeting the swine flu, obviously.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
Does anyone have a link to info stating the swine flu vaccine is dangerous? My sister is a day care provider with an infant, so she'll most likely have to get the vaccine (daycare providers are strongly being urged to get it), so she's looking into it a bit more. She said she's read that it's been approved by the FDA, and it's manufactured the same way as the regular flu vaccine, except targeting the swine flu, obviously.

I have read that pretty much everywhere as well. The normal Flu vaccine only goes through so much testing as well...So it is not any more or less safe. There has been talk, as there is anyway with the usual flu vaccine, that it is simply not effective and therfore is just a waste. Because the vaccine does not cover all types of the flu there is no gaurentee you wont get sick..even if that type is covered in the vaccine.
I would argue, however that I would not want to get the nasal mist. As it is a live vaccine there is a risk that the disease could be contracted. I wouldnt get the mist for the seasonal shot either.

Here is a link that explains the "its ineffective" argument better than I can.
http://www.canada.com/health/vaccin...virus+ethicist/1867678/story.html?id=1867678#

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
I was reading an article this morning about people's concerns....ie. it was rushed to market, untested. no data on long-term side effects, possibility of catching it from the live virus, etc.... I didn't see anything in the article that said all these concerns were unfounded....a few concerns are dismissed, but most of them were not refuted.
AP Poll: Third of parents oppose swine flu vaccine - Yahoo! News

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
Both my daughters brought home the papers yesterday to get the H1N1 shot. I think it said something about a booster shot for the flu one? Have to read it again. I'm torn between what to do. They both did get the flu shot, well one got the shot the other got the nasal mist. I just don't know.

navigator

I think you can answer your own question by reading the following that was released by the NIH:

List Of Components Of Glaxo H1N1 Vaccine

BIOLOGICAL INDEX

chicken embryos (eggs)
influenza virus, H5N1
virus culture

CHEMICAL INDEX

alpha - tocopherol-to help absorb Vitamin E

aluminum adjuvant - Alzheimer's KEY Ingredient - 100% B.A.D.

AS03 adjuvant

Daronrix - experimental bird-flu vaccine

disodium phosphate - food preservative

formaldehyde - you know, for DEAD people- SHOULD NEVER BE IN HUMANS!!

magnesium chloride - "Salt"

octoxynol 10 - Tumor promoter-dependent phosphorylation

polysorbate 80 -induced persistent vaginal oestrus

potassium chloride - metal halide salt

potassium dihydrogen phosphate - salt which is used as a fertilizer

sodium chloride - table salt

sodium deoxycholate - secondary bile acid

squalene - adjuvant known to cause a host of debilitating autoimmune diseases

vitamin E

thiomersal (thimerosol) - MERCURY 100% DEADLY SHOULD NEVER BE IN HUMANS!!

Cowgirl

I think you can answer your own question by reading the following that was released by the NIH:

List Of Components Of Glaxo H1N1 Vaccine

BIOLOGICAL INDEX

chicken embryos (eggs)
influenza virus, H5N1
virus culture

CHEMICAL INDEX

alpha - tocopherol-to help absorb Vitamin E

aluminum adjuvant - Alzheimer's KEY Ingredient - 100% B.A.D.

AS03 adjuvant

Daronrix - experimental bird-flu vaccine

disodium phosphate - food preservative

formaldehyde - you know, for DEAD people- SHOULD NEVER BE IN HUMANS!!

magnesium chloride - "Salt"

octoxynol 10 - Tumor promoter-dependent phosphorylation

polysorbate 80 -induced persistent vaginal oestrus

potassium chloride - metal halide salt

potassium dihydrogen phosphate - salt which is used as a fertilizer

sodium chloride - table salt

sodium deoxycholate - secondary bile acid

squalene - adjuvant known to cause a host of debilitating autoimmune diseases

vitamin E

thiomersal (thimerosol) - MERCURY 100% DEADLY SHOULD NEVER BE IN HUMANS!!

Have you also read that they're producing the H1N1 vaccine the same way they produce the regular flu vaccine? The only difference, of course, is that one contains the H1N1 flu virus and one contains the season flu virus? Wouldn't that mean the seasonal flu also contains all of the above ingredients? And people have been getting that vaccine for how long?

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
Daughter came home today and told me her friend just came back to school from being out sick. She missed apprx. 10 days. Supposively it was the swine flu. (Banneker Elem)