Tackle Box again????

frequentflier

happy to be living
Over the years, I have invested easily $6000 in security cameras; having recently put higher def and additional ones in. It is a cost of doing business if you care to try to identify who is ripping you off. Though I have never been in the TB, I have read enough about them being burglarized that I would think by now, a high definition camera system would have been installed.

When I had a second location in Callaway, the video footage of the hood rat that burgled me and the GIG; helped put the turd away for a few years (though he got out and was locked up again after two weeks for holding up a bar at gunpoint)

ginwoman

I bet they already pay out the ying-yang for insurance....if they can even find an insurance company who will write them at this point after all the burglaries

black dog

Free America
Honestly I would think better security, a vault for night etc would be cheaper than the insurance premiums.

Some of the problems with vaults are, the floor space they take up, the time and cost to unload and load firearms twice daily, the damage done to firearms from handling them much more than necessary.
Where does it end? Do all long guns go in vaults also?
Do all guns logged in for the gunsmith get put and stored in vaults?
It's a nightmare for any decent sized gun store to undergo twice a day.
How long do you think it would take to put 100 handguns and 75 long guns in soft cases and stack them in vaults?
Could you imagine greentop loading and unloading all firearms into vaults?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Some of the problems with vaults are, the floor space they take up, the time and cost to unload and load firearms twice daily, the damage done to firearms from handling them much more than necessary.
How long do you think it would take to put 100 handguns and 75 long guns in soft cases and stack them in vaults?

Right. Much easier to have them all stolen every year or so. :yay:

PeoplesElbow

I would make a secure room for them similar to a jail cell or perhaps a cinder block room with an extra strong door. It's almost impossible to stop a good thief but you can slow them down. The tackle box burglars are usually not master thieves.

black dog

Free America
I would make a secure room for them similar to a jail cell or perhaps a cinder block room with an extra strong door. It's almost impossible to stop a good thief but you can slow them down. The tackle box burglars are usually not master thieves.

The way gun stores are burglarized out here is they steal a minivan and drive it through the steel safety doors and then the glass and aluminum doors and leave the van sitting in the showroom. Or they drive the minivan through the block wall on the side or the rear of the gun store. Then the owners install pipe ballard's around their store so the thief's cut a hole through the roof.
Its a vicious cycle.

PeoplesElbow

The way gun stores are burglarized out here is they steal a minivan and drive it through the steel safety doors and then the glass and aluminum doors and leave the van sitting in the showroom. Or they drive the minivan through the block wall on the side or the rear of the gun store. Then the owners install pipe ballard's around their store so the thief's cut a hole through the roof.
Its a vicious cycle.

Like I said you slow them down and then alarms are very effective.

PeoplesElbow

batshit crazy.jpg

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
What I think they should loose is their insurance policy. If I were an actuary I would consider them very high risk.

Exactly! He must have a very high deductible. If not, I wonder what kind of scheme is going on there.

Bann

PREMO Member
Due diligence and common sense.

This is far too many damn robberies and it continues to happen.

either has the worst goddamn security system in any gun shop ever or some of the #### is occurring because of someone inside.

Right.

Bann

PREMO Member
I hate to see the "you should lose your business because people keep trying to steal it" crowd ever win.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure there's a bigger picture here. If you, private citizen, were being "robbed" on a regular basis and having a bunch of guns "stolen", I'm pretty sure the cops would want an explanation.

That's the thing. :yay:

Something is going on there, that's for sure.

(I'm still on the "how is he still insured and what kind of rates/deductibles must he pay" fence, too, though.)