Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
It's what's for dinner! :yahoo:

2 lbs. extra lean ground beef
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 pkg. (2lb) Frozen tater tots

Pat ground beef in bottom of greased 13x9x2 in. casserole dish. Spread soup over meat and cover with grated cheese. Top with tater tots. Cover dish with aluminum foil. Bake at 350° approx. 45 minutes, uncover and bake another 15 minutes until Tater Tots are browned.

You can cut this in half: 1lb. extra lean gr. beef, use ½ or ¾ can of soup. I always use more cheese than this calls for. Layer the tater tots on top until it’s covered.

Roman

Pat ground beef in bottom of greased 13x9x2 in. casserole dish. Spread soup over meat and cover with grated cheese. Top with tater tots. Cover dish with aluminum foil. Bake at 350° approx. 45 minutes, uncover and bake another 15 minutes until Tater Tots are browned.

You can cut this in half: 1lb. extra lean gr. beef, use ½ or ¾ can of soup. I always use more cheese than this calls for. Layer the tater tots on top until it’s covered.
Do you cook the Ground Beef first? It sounds like this will be something I have for Dinner tomorrow! Thanks!

RPMDAD

Bann, love it, i think you posted the recipe somewhere on here once before and i made it for the familia, and they loved it. Very very tasty, two thumbs up....

Wenchy

Hot Flash
Do you cook the Ground Beef first? It sounds like this will be something I have for Dinner tomorrow! Thanks!

No. You use the ground beef raw. It sounds disgusting; looks disgusting making it and the finished product looks like dog food.

I made it and the family inhaled it.

SShewbert

What love is all about
No. You use the ground beef raw. It sounds disgusting; looks disgusting making it and the finished product looks like dog food.

Really? I always cook mine first, then add the soup mix. Then I dump in a baking dish, layer the tater tots on top and let them brown, then add my cheese and let melt. This sounds good, it has been awhile since I have had it.

Bann

PREMO Member
:yay:
Bann, love it, i think you posted the recipe somewhere on here once before and i made it for the familia, and they loved it. Very very tasty, two thumbs up....
It's such a simple recipe & perfect for the collld weather! Old fashioned stick to your rib
s food.

:lol: Amazing, isn't it?!

Last edited:

Wenchy

Hot Flash
Really? I always cook mine first, then add the soup mix. Then I dump in a baking dish, layer the tater tots on top and let them brown, then add my cheese and let melt. This sounds good, it has been awhile since I have had it.

Really. No need to brown the meat unless you have a problem with packing down raw meat. :jet:

If you are using high fat burger it would make sense to brown and drain first.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Tater tot casserole might be my favorite winter comfort food. I use the extra crispy tots to give it some crunch.

ginwoman

Seriously. It cooks in the casserole, as you cover the dish with aluminum foil.

OK. I will def have to give this a try. I love things that are easy and tasty and that my hubby will eat. He is a meat and potato kind of guy (and cheese) so this will be perfect.

Roman

OK. I will def have to give this a try. I love things that are easy and tasty and that my hubby will eat. He is a meat and potato kind of guy (and cheese) so this will be perfect.
I think I'm going to cook the Ground Beef first.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I'm shocked that no one has went :cds: over the addition of the "1 can cream of mushroom soup".

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm shocked that no one has went :cds: over the addition of the "1 can cream of mushroom soup".

It's fine in casseroles. But NOT as a "gravy" or "sauce".

Although next time I make TTC I'll use the homemade mushroom soup I have in the freezer. :smile:

Foxhound

Finishing last
I like crispy crowns better do you think these would work well?

One I tried after eating a tater tot dish at Hooters...

Crispy crowns browned in the oven, topped with chilli, cheese, chopped onion, sour cream, and chopped Jalapeños

Think I'll give this a try, thanks.

Bann

PREMO Member

I was waiting to see who was going to bring it up!

It's fine in casseroles. But NOT as a "gravy" or "sauce".
and the way the soup mixes with the cheddar cheese - OMG delish!
Although next time I make TTC I'll use the homemade mushroom soup I have in the freezer. :smile:

Let me know how that is - I'd love to try making the mushroom soup anyway!