Taxes

K

Kain99

The Eternal Mommy

Originally posted by Nodnarb

Then he (or she) confirmed my position when he started flinging around insults, and talking about stuff that he knows nothing about (ie. your childhood.)

Well in all honesty, looking back on the posts I think smcdem made the childhood comment based on Ken's statement that his father used to hit him in the back of the head when he spoke out of turn.

A little out of line yes... But if it were adult to adult I'd just chalk it up to Ken leaving himself wide open.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Re: The Eternal Mommy

Originally posted by Kain99

Well in all honesty, looking back on the posts I think smcdem made the childhood comment based on Ken's statement that his father used to hit him in the back of the head when he spoke out of turn.

A little out of line yes... But if it were adult to adult I'd just chalk it up to Ken leaving himself wide open.

How does getting rapped upside the head indicate that my childhood was sad? It was simply discipline issued by my father for butting into things I wasn't supposed to be involved in. Does this mean only children that aren't disciplined are happy? If so, I think your rose-colored glasses need to be cleaned.

K

Kain99

Re: Re: The Eternal Mommy

Originally posted by Ken King

How does getting rapped upside the head indicate that my childhood was sad? It was simply discipline issued by my father for butting into things I wasn't supposed to be involved in. Does this mean only children that aren't disciplined are happy? If so, I think your rose-colored glasses need to be cleaned.

Uh Oh! Big Brother really is watching..:smile: You are the master of opening up big cans of worms and I respect the He** out of you for it!

Do I really want to jump on this??? hmm.. I might get slaughtered but it could be fun!!! yes - no- yes - no - YES can't resist!

You call getting rapped in the head discipline. I call it a lack of control. Back in the day, these forms of punishment were acceptable.

There is a reason that today humans have evolved beyond these Neanderthalish behaviors.

This whole children aren't people(yet)attitude makes me very sad. I work with people everyday who butt into my business and speak out of turn... I would never rap them in the noggin.

It's important for us to ask ourselves why it is o.k. to physically hit, smack, spank, punch our children??? You wouldn't act out this way with an adult so what's diffrent?

Oh, I know!!! It doesn't hurt like heck when they hit back!
:cheesy:

Ken King

PREMO Member
Re: Re: Re: The Eternal Mommy

Originally posted by Kain99

Uh Oh! Big Brother really is watching..:smile: You are the master of opening up big cans of worms and I respect the He** out of you for it!

Do I really want to jump on this??? hmm.. I might get slaughtered but it could be fun!!! yes - no- yes - no - YES can't resist!

You call getting rapped in the head discipline. I call it a lack of control. Back in the day, these forms of punishment were acceptable.

There is a reason that today humans have evolved beyond these Neanderthalish behaviors.

This whole children aren't people(yet)attitude makes me very sad. I work with people everyday who butt into my business and speak out of turn... I would never rap them in the noggin.

It's important for us to ask ourselves why it is o.k. to physically hit, smack, spank, punch our children??? You wouldn't act out this way with an adult so what's diffrent?

Oh, I know!!! It doesn't hurt like heck when they hit back!
:cheesy:

Look, it was back in the day and in no way was it abuse or an out of control act. It was a rap on the back of the head. To clearly define what I am talking about it was an open hand impacting with minimal force to gain my attention. Not a punch or anything close to that. It wasn't Neanderthalish in nature, there was no loss of consciousness, no blood, no stars even, simply an attention getter.

Besides it is in accordance with the parental right of corporal punishment. You are aware that is legal not only then but today too? And don't be sure I wouldn't act that way with an adult depending on the situation, especially an adult child of mine. You raise your kids your way and I have raised mine my way. My kids display respect, manners, and are truly enjoyable for the most part. They also know when a discussion is appropriate for them and when it isn't.

While Smcdem has the right to an opinion on politics it is insignificant because the don't have the right to vote. If we were talking about skateboarding or the latest video game their opinion would be significant but on politics they have no clue what it is they are being led to believe as they haven't been out there experiencing the decision politicians make that impact our everyday lives. Until they do I prefer that they just sit quietly in the corner observing.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Re: Re: Re: Re: The Eternal Mommy

Originally posted by Ken King

While Smcdem has the right to an opinion on politics it is insignificant because the don't have the right to vote. If we were talking about skateboarding or the latest video game their opinion would be significant but on politics they have no clue what it is they are being led to believe as they haven't been out there experiencing the decision politicians make that impact our everyday lives. Until they do I prefer that they just sit quietly in the corner observing.

I'm still amazed that there is actually a "Rugrats for Randall" wing of her campaign... That's actually pretty cool...

Ken King

PREMO Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Eternal Mommy

Originally posted by cariblue

Ken can you please elaborate? Can you site something specific? I'd be very interested in what you're referring to.

Under the Family Law title of Maryland code in section 4-501(b)(2) it states, “If the person for whom relief is sought is a child, "abuse" may also include abuse of a child, as defined in Title 5, Subtitle 7 of this article. Nothing in this subtitle shall be construed to prohibit reasonable punishment, including reasonable corporal punishment, in light of the age and condition of the child, from being performed by a parent or stepparent of the child.”

Title 5, Subtitle 7 defines abuse as, “ "Abuse" means:
(1) the physical or mental injury of a child by any parent or other person who has permanent or temporary care or custody or responsibility for supervision of a child, or by any household or family member, under circumstances that indicate that the child's health or welfare is harmed or at substantial risk of being harmed; or
(2) sexual abuse of a child, whether physical injuries are sustained or not.”

Corporal punishment is a very subjective term but usually means the spanking of a child. It is intended for discipline and not injury of the child.

Ken King

PREMO Member
Thank you very much.

How would one go about finding out if there is something like this in another state?

Research, give me a state and I'll see what I can dig up.

Ken King

PREMO Member

:lmao: You'll just die!

Florida.

Don't ask.

I found the following under Title V, Chapter 39 of the Florida statutes.

"Abuse" means any willful act or threatened act that results in any physical, mental, or sexual injury or harm that causes or is likely to cause the child's physical, mental, or emotional health to be significantly impaired. Abuse of a child includes acts or omissions. Corporal discipline of a child by a parent or legal custodian for disciplinary purposes does not in itself constitute abuse when it does not result in harm to the child.

smcdem

I may be a little offended but what some of you say, but I'm happy that the majority of people think that its good for teens to be involded in the national debate. I was invited to go to a youth forum between ehrlich and Townsend on Oct 14th in Baltimore ...I wonder whos going to win THIS one!!:wink: