TCA Peel

morganj614

Pete said:
And what is this supposed to do for you my little elfin beauty queen?

:killingme so many things...I have a few little dark spots, mostly from hormone replacement therapy for the last 10 years. It should also soften some of my smile lines. Old skin will flake and new skin will appear as soft as a baby's behind... It will also help decrease the breakouts I have on ocassion.

Now for smokers, it can help decrease the fine lines around the mouth along with other lines.

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
morganj614 said:
:killingme so many things...I have a few little dark spots, mostly from hormone replacement therapy for the last 10 years. It should also soften some of my smile lines. Old skin will flake and new skin will appear as soft as a baby's behind... It will also help decrease the breakouts I have on ocassion.

Now for smokers, it can help decrease the fine lines around the mouth along with other lines.

Sorry I just don't see where this will help you. Of all the people I know you have the best complexion. I have never even seen a hint of a zit on you. Oh the pain, and you didn't even need to go through it.

morganj614

millertc said:
:howdy: Did you work up to the 15% or did you just start with that? I went to the site and it said something about starting with an 8%......just wondering what you did?
I have always wanted to try it. Let us know how your results are.

:yikes: maybe in Beverly Hills
Cost
Total cost of a full-face medium chemical peel averages $2,000. If you wish to have only a portion of your face peeled, such as the area around your mouth or the area around your eyes, you will pay about $1,200.

http://www.infoplasticsurgery.com/facial/peels/TCApeels.html

I don't mind being the test case :nerd:

morganj614

Mrs. Jones said:
:yeahthat:

Use that new camera phone and let us see. :cheesy:

:nerd: I didn't take before shots. My little brown spots are faded. I'll do before and after in 3 weeks when I re-do this. Now that I know what to do, how it feels and what it does, I will do it better. :flowers:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
morganj614 said:
:nerd: I didn't take before shots. My little brown spots are faded. I'll do before and after in 3 weeks when I re-do this. Now that I know what to do, how it feels and what it does, I will do it better. :flowers:
It didn't loook bad last night, but it doesn't sound like something that I'd want to try. Pouring caustic chemicals on your face to watch it blister and burn isn't my idea of a good thing. I'd rather settle for my haggard and ugly old skin any day.

morganj614

BadGirl said:
It didn't loook bad last night, but it doesn't sound like something that I'd want to try. Pouring caustic chemicals on your face to watch it blister and burn isn't my idea of a good thing. I'd rather settle for my haggard and ugly old skin any day.

YOU have gorgeous skin :huggy: And you don't pour, you q-tip it on :lol:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
morganj614 said:
day 3 and peeling right on cue. My desk had so many skin flakes on it, I needed a smow shovel to get to my 'puter. :diva:

:twitch: I always knew you were a little flakey. :lol:

morganj614

success!

Short, true story from yesterday and I am still doing a litle peeling.

I was schmoozing at a party yesterday when a friend that hadn't seen me in a few months pulled another friend aside and told her my face looked great and asked did I had some procedure done...(She didn't want to ask me in front of the group of people I was with). When I ran into both friends later at the party, they told me of the convo.
So yes, my skin does look lighter, brighter and clearer and it is certainly worth the week of peeling :lol:

Now I have 2 friends that want to try it :lmao:

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
You were certainly brave to try it. I am glad you are pleased with the results. Just wondering.....will you still do another one in a couple of weeks?

morganj614

mygoldnhorse said:
You were certainly brave to try it. I am glad you are pleased with the results. Just wondering.....will you still do another one in a couple of weeks?

2 friends peeled on Thursday night. One is 45 with smoking damage, the other 52 and some sun damage. The younger one's skin 'frosted' more but both are having good results and will do it again in 3 weeks.

I will do my second one this Thursday but drink wine first, like they did..:lol:

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
morganj614 said:
The younger one's skin 'frosted' more but both are having good results and will do it again in 3 weeks.

I will do my second one this Thursday but drink wine first, like they did..:lol:

Sorry in advance if this is a stupid question.....But what does 'frosted' mean?

morganj614

mygoldnhorse said:
Sorry in advance if this is a stupid question.....But what does 'frosted' mean?

Your skin temporarily turns white like frost. It looks scary but fades away in 15-30 minutes.

morganj614

OUCH! I just did my second peel and it burned like the first time. Last week I watched 2 friends do it (peel) and not feel a thing. Their eyes did not water, they didn't do the "burn" dance nor did their noses run like mine did, AGAIN...lol...I frosted again and this time, under one of my eyes is a bit swollen already. The instructions say to ice any swelling down, which I will do. I had swelling the last time but not until the morning.
Olive skin reacts different and stronger than fair skin. Boy :yikes: I 'll say it does :lmao:
It is all worth it for me :yay:

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
My daughter has a friend that does peels for a Dr. I was telling her about you doing it yourself and that you were happy with the outcome. She did tell me that skin types and complections do effect whether or not you'll burn, etc. She said hers burned like he!! and her face felt like it was on fire. I laughed at her, silly girl only 30 and in no way needed a peel. She said afterwards her friend asked if she has irish or indian is her bloodline, of which we have both, and the reason was because if so you have the redness in your cheeks...can't think what they call it..but that is why it burned the way it did and if she would of known that she would of used a less potent solution. The things we do :lmao:. I'm glad everything turned out well again.