TCA Peel

morganj614

mygoldnhorse said:
My daughter has a friend that does peels for a Dr. I was telling her about you doing it yourself and that you were happy with the outcome. She did tell me that skin types and complections do effect whether or not you'll burn, etc. She said hers burned like he!! and her face felt like it was on fire. I laughed at her, silly girl only 30 and in no way needed a peel. She said afterwards her friend asked if she has irish or indian is her bloodline, of which we have both, and the reason was because if so you have the redness in your cheeks...can't think what they call it..but that is why it burned the way it did and if she would of known that she would of used a less potent solution. The things we do :lmao:. I'm glad everything turned out well again.

I think 30's might be a good age to do a very light peel twice a year, and I mean very light. The one I ordered was med./strong because my friends and I are older. I am olive, one friend is a smoker, natural blonde and fair and the other is fair but brunette(her and I non smokers). From talking to a dermatologist and research on my own, olive and darker skinetones need to be careful as they can get permanent brown spots. I did take a pic this morning but it's terrible with the swelling :yikes: What I did last night I call the Skin Peel Dance :jameo:

domeglowing

Prada Princess
Do you have to do so many so close together or can you just do one?

morganj614 said:
OUCH! I just did my second peel and it burned like the first time. Last week I watched 2 friends do it (peel) and not feel a thing. Their eyes did not water, they didn't do the "burn" dance nor did their noses run like mine did, AGAIN...lol...I frosted again and this time, under one of my eyes is a bit swollen already. The instructions say to ice any swelling down, which I will do. I had swelling the last time but not until the morning.
Olive skin reacts different and stronger than fair skin. Boy :yikes: I 'll say it does :lmao:
It is all worth it for me :yay:

morganj614

domeglowing said:
Do you have to do so many so close together or can you just do one?

It depends on the strength of the TCA you get. One friend has a few brown spots so when she does her second one, she is going to dab the spots first then do a second layer. With the 18%, you can do a 2 layer, it goes deeper.

You can do one peel if your skin ends up the way you want it. I still have small breakouts and my skin brightened up with just one peel. Since it is winter and I was the test case, I am trying what the instructions said and doing a few in a row. In between I will still mini-dermabrase and use the glycolic peels off the shelf, just less frequently.

Today when I put on moisturizer it was making little skin balls :lol: and Elaine saw my face all red. But at home tonight with no moisturizer, it is flaky and looking really good. I didn't have "bad" skin to begin with. I am doing a little freshening.