Thank you Obama

Hessian

Pc...

I paused for perhaps 20 seconds on the feed: listened to some shaman with a bizarre incantation to the south, east, & west door and I knew it had to be the memorial.

Like the Olympics, we have to dedicate a huge portion of time to native American culture because....um...well...NO REASON AT ALL!
Was the shooting on a Reservation?...ok then: call up a Shaman to pray to the great spirit and throw some sacred dust and bang a rattle but ...for a national memorial, to elevate a dying religion, of a defeated people is just so typical of PC pantheist president.

I am ashamed of my president, and all the fools who swoon in his presence. I am disgusted that more people don't have the backbone to stand up to this fraud. And finally I am infuriated that the media is continuing to be complicit in trying to reelect this immense man-child embarrassment.

His mouth opens: I change the channel.

PsyOps

Pixelated
All these swooning girls and college students still vote. Venue and audience selection was intentional. Don't believe otherwise.

I honestly don't think Obama intended for it to have such a party atmosphere. Whether Obama had anything to do with picking the venue or not, I'm certain he is thinking it turned out to be somewhat of a mistake. I'm certain he is not smiling at all of the criticism.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Why is it idiotic? Because I have the audacity to say that if the Obama doesn't call everyone who loses a family member in the Middle East he's a complete jack-hole?
Idiotic was your tactic of stating that Lincoln did not visit every family that lost someone and the rest of that specific tirade.

I have no idea the circumstances surrounding your uncle's sacrifice, or the letter your grandmother received. I have no idea if the letter was actually from Roosevelt himself or written by a staffer with FDR's name rubber-stamped on it.

What I do know is that it's a physically impossibility that Roosevelt or Truman would have personally written a letter to the family of every American casualty in World War 2. Or make a phone call to them.
Form letter and rubber stamping a signature or a personal handwritten letter makes no difference, it was obvious effort on the part of the CinC.

I also have no idea if the families of service members today receive a comparible letter with OHB's signature rubber-stamped on it. (Or whatever today's computerized equivalent is).
I have no idea what this administration does but his immediate predecessor made considerable effort to speak with those that suffered loss. Now that, to me, is moving.

I do?

We can disagree to whatever you want, but where did I say he did something fantastic?
You seem to laud his performance (based on what you read from the transcript), sounded like you were quite "thrilled" about it as you said - "Impressive speech. Downright moving in some parts."

I simply don't think this is a photo-op or attention grab - it's him doing his ####ing job, doing what's expected, and he did a decent job of it.

It's not like I'm massaging his testicles or something.
Maybe you should have worked your logistics in a manner to actually have viewed the "memorial". If you had you might then realize that it was something other than a memorial service.

You might not be massaging him, but it does look like you gave him a friendly "reach around". :biggrin:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Based on his past history - I still don't trust him. He plays "the game" better then any politician I ever known. Everything he does is for a specific reason and outcome. This might be the beginning of his "turn around" to get re-elected. IF he is re-elected - he will go right back to his political agenda. Such a shame...

ITA. I thought there were definitely excerpts of the speech that were decent, well said, and seemed fitting for the event. OTOH, there were so many parts of the speech where it sounded like he was talking out of both sides of his mouth - as well as "do as I say and not as I do". Afterall - he's thrown out so many flaming comments of his own in the (very recent) past. And overall ... I don't trust him either.
Funny (funny strange, not funny ha-ha), my impression was "campaign speech"...

:yay:
Oh trust me, doesn't mean I'm turning over my house keys to him anytime soon, I just thought it was an appropriate speech with some pretty good thought put into it. I did however wish the freaking Obama college groupies should have kept some of the screaming down.

x10. The behavior of some of the students in the audience was entirely inappropriate, IMO. It sounded throughout like they thought they were at a political event or a pep rally.

The indian chief didn't do much for me either....

All these swooning girls and college students still vote. Venue and audience selection was intentional. Don't believe otherwise.

:yeahthat:

Crashpupty

havoc is havoc
I would have just made it a visit to see my wounded friend and then meet with the families of those who passed in this horrible event. Isn't that what we all would do? Why the big arena why at a college? A private press conference condemning what has happened and encouraging the prayers for those who have lost a loved one and anounce the steps the congress woman has made. Denounce those who would think this slaughter was politically motivated and encoursge unity. Yet he tried, but he perfers the rock star type receptions. Ego boosting yes and still not presidential in my opinion. He should of read his speach with no audience and then met with the families. It would have been more effective. Now we are left with how the left and right want to interpret things. The timing is still suspect, why wait so long? This should have been done right away. He handled this all wrong if this was not totally political. Why wait to find a venue to host? A press conference in the Whitehouse would of been fine and then meet the families in private days ago. My question is why should I care about this murder more than any other drive by where innocent people including children die every day? How is this any different? Men and woman die everyday serving our country and should be held in the same regard as the wounded congress woman serving her country willfully and making way more money than those who are supposedly paid to risk their lives. Their is an assumed risk with public service and yet thank God we still have people willing to fill those rolls and sacrafice themselves to protect others without asking for thanks or a big pep rally by the President for his own purpose and goals. :cds:

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
I would have just made it a visit to see my wounded friend and then meet with the families of those who passed in this horrible event. Isn't that what we all would do? Why the big arena why at a college? A private press conference condemning what has happened and encouraging the prayers for those who have lost a loved one and anounce the steps the congress woman has made. Denounce those who would think this slaughter was politically motivated and encoursge unity. Yet he tried, but he perfers the rock star type receptions. Ego boosting yes and still not presidential in my opinion. He should of read his speach with no audience and then met with the families. It would have been more effective. Now we are left with how the left and right want to interpret things. The timing is still suspect, why wait so long? This should have been done right away. He handled this all wrong if this was not totally political. Why wait to find a venue to host? A press conference in the Whitehouse would of been fine and then meet the families in private days ago. My question is why should I care about this murder more than any other drive by where innocent people including children die every day? How is this any different? Men and woman die everyday serving our country and should be held in the same regard as the wounded congress woman serving her country willfully and making way more money than those who are supposedly paid to risk their lives. Their is an assumed risk with public service and yet thank God we still have people willing to fill those rolls and sacrafice themselves to protect others without asking for thanks or a big pep rally by the President for his own purpose and goals. :cds:

:yeahthat:

Thank you for putting into words, what made me so upset about this event.

The entire event has been nothing but a media circus, with different clown acts taking center stage. ALL of it cheapens the lives of those victims.

Last edited:

Baz

This. ------------------>
Okay, now this is finally turning into the thread I expected from the start.

At least now I know I didn't wake up this morning to find myself on Bizarro World.

Toxick

Splat
Idiotic was your tactic of stating that Lincoln did not visit every family that lost someone and the rest of that specific tirade.

Excuse me - but you are the one who seems to think that it's the President's job to offer solace to every family who lost someone in a war. Not me. It's not a tactic at all, or any such a thing.

Or was Lincoln not a president, and the civil war not a war? What's the difference between then and now? Telephones? The internets?

I have the feeling that if Obama starts sending out form letters to families with his signature digitally applied, you'd still be rolling your eyes. "How impersonal a form letter is! What a disingenuous prick Obama is for sending them out to grieving families!"

You seem to laud his performance (based on what you read from the transcript), sounded like you were quite "thrilled" about it as you said - "Impressive speech. Downright moving in some parts."

Yeah - Referring to the fact that he didn't turn it into a political masturbation rally as many have done. And it did have some moving statements. I don't think that anyone is going to deny that Obama has quite a mastery of oration. At the Democrat Convention during Kerry's campaign there was a collective Donkey-gasm after a single speech, and if Kerry hadn't already won the nomination, they would have kicked his b!tch-ass to the curb and elected Obama right then and there.

Impressive speeches and charasmatic delivery are kind of what he's known for.

But hey if you want to call me saying "He didn't suck" a political handjob, then by all means do so. I'm an Obama sychophant. I'll run out and register Democrat at my earliest convenience.

Ken King

PREMO Member
Excuse me - but you are the one who seems to think that it's the President's job to offer solace to every family who lost someone in a war. Not me. It's not a tactic at all, or any such a thing.

Or was Lincoln not a president, and the civil war not a war? What's the difference between then and now? Telephones? The internets?
No I will not excuse you. You said it was in his job description to attend such events, which is BS. There was nothing in this event that required a Presidential appearance.

It is in his job description to be the CinC and as such it is under his authority that our troops are dying. Therefore he should be offering condolence to the families of the fallen. That would be more in line with his job description, wouldn't you think?

I have the feeling that if Obama starts sending out form letters to families with his signature digitally applied, you'd still be rolling your eyes. "How impersonal a form letter is! What a disingenuous prick Obama is for sending them out to grieving families!"
Have all the feelings you want, but the fact remains that Obama would rather laud Vick's owner for giving him a second chance or get his face on TV attending this pep rally then call a parent of a fallen soldier.

Yeah - Referring to the fact that he didn't turn it into a political masturbation rally as many have done. And it did have some moving statements. I don't think that anyone is going to deny that Obama has quite a mastery of oration. At the Democrat Convention during Kerry's campaign there was a collective Donkey-gasm after a single speech, and if Kerry hadn't already won the nomination, they would have kicked his b!tch-ass to the curb and elected Obama right then and there.

Impressive speeches and charasmatic delivery are kind of what he's known for.
Which President has turned a tragedy into a political masturbation rally? If you had handled your logistics properly you could have watched this service and then you would have seen that Obama has come the closest to doing so. Trust me he wasn't that impressive.

But hey if you want to call me saying "He didn't suck" a political handjob, then by all means do so. I'm an Obama sychophant. I'll run out and register Democrat at my earliest convenience.
You should.

Toxick

Splat
No I will not excuse you. You said it was in his job description to attend such events, which is BS. There was nothing in this event that required a Presidential appearance.

A member of Congress was shot in the ####ing face.

Sounds to me like Presidential attention is both expected and appropriate.

Required? Maybe not, but certainly expected and appropriate.

It is in his job description to be the CinC and as such it is under his authority that our troops are dying. Therefore he should be offering condolence to the families of the fallen. That would be more in line with his job description, wouldn't you think?

If case you haven't gleaned it from the conversation - no, I wouldn't think this.

Why?

As I said - the potential for VAST numbers of fallen troops makes this expectation unreasonable IMO.

It would be nice if the president could personally offer succor and condolences to the families of each casualty of war, and Bush is a man among men for doing so. But frankly, I wouldn't expect it from any President and take it as a given.

And this conversation is starting to get repetitive and boring. I've said my piece and you've said yours. Unless you have anything new to bring to the table, I'm going to go do something more useful with my time, like seeing if I can clip my fingernails with a 3-hole puncher.

Ken King

PREMO Member
A member of Congress was shot in the ####ing face.

Sounds to me like Presidential attention is both expected and appropriate.

Required? Maybe not, but certainly expected and appropriate.

If case you haven't gleaned it from the conversation - no, I wouldn't think this.

Why?

As I said - the potential for VAST numbers of fallen troops makes this expectation unreasonable IMO.

It would be nice if the president could personally offer succor and condolences to the families of each casualty of war, and Bush is a man among men for doing so. But frankly, I wouldn't expect it from any President and take it as a given.

And this conversation is starting to get repetitive and boring. I've said my piece and you've said yours. Unless you have anything new to bring to the table, I'm going to go do something more useful with my time, like seeing if I can clip my fingernails with a 3-hole puncher.
And she is still alive, recovering while the families of the 800+ troops that have been killed under his watch are undeserving of only five minutes of his oh so valuable time in your mind. What makes her more worthy? Because she is a Democratic Representative in the House. BS.

Of course it's getting boring, I had said we can agree to disagree, and I know you can't bring anything new to the table.

Good luck with your three-hole punch, maybe you can get a Presidential service after you've cut the end of your fingers off. Promise TV face time and you can bank on it.

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
It was a good speech, Obama wasn't the one that set the tone for the pep rally atmosphere by the stupid cheering college kids! :coffee:

Toxick

Splat
What makes her more worthy? Because she is a Democratic Representative in the House.

Yes, that's exactly it.

You got my number.

Of course it's getting boring, I had said we can agree to disagree, and I know you can't bring anything new to the table.

Nor can you. About the only thing you've brought since the beginning are sanctimonious self-righteous barbs with no substance.

Not that I expected much else.

BernieP

Resident PIA
it's as though it was saying "ok, enough with the harsh language stuff because we all know what THAT leads to". It was putting a smiley face over the charge that his critics caused the tragedy and asking us to get along, but not acknowledging that the idea itself is preposterous..

The "harsh rhetoric" comment is what put me off, there is ample evidence that the shooter wasn't motivated by anything but his own demons. He apparently didn't know who Sarah Palin or Gleen Beck were, let alone being affected by their speeches.

I find it hypocritical for a group who used hyperbole to stir up their political base, accusations of racism being the root of why people were "killed", or accusing the other side of "starving" etc. Very harsh language.

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
The "harsh rhetoric" comment is what put me off, there is ample evidence that the shooter wasn't motivated by anything but his own demons. He apparently didn't know who Sarah Palin or Gleen Beck were, let alone being affected by their speeches.

I find it hypocritical for a group who used hyperbole to stir up their political base, accusations of racism being the root of why people were "killed", or accusing the other side of "starving" etc. Very harsh language.

or...

Attachments

• 1703_NpAdvHover.jpg
    1703_NpAdvHover.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 46

laynpipe

sounds like everyday politics to me bernie. im with your train of thought, but this sort of thing has been going on since mccain and palin didnt win.