Thanksgiving 2012 Meal Planning

luvmygdaughters

Thanks! My mom doesn't like to cook so she's already offered to do the dishes. I plan on making most of the food the day before so I can just pop it in the oven to warm it up. My aunt and a couple cousins offered to come over early and help so I should be good. I'm going to have a detailed plan on paper and cross things off as I go. We'll have around 20 people here so that's where the terrified feeling comes in. :lol: I love my family but they are boisterous as hell. :lmao:

:killingme, Trust me, I know loud and boisterous families, come from along line of them. Honestly though, I do miss my Mom and Dad at the Holidays, even though there was always arguing over the prep and recipes. Just do as much as you can the days before and above all us...enjoy it. Dont stress, everyone will eat and drink and laugh and after its over give yourself a big pat on the back for putting on a great dinner and enjoying your family. :buddies:

Jameo

What?!
I'm doing dinner for about a dozen family and friends. I've got my menu all planned out and recipes printed. Today I'll get my shopping list and my plan of attack all together.

So far I have 2 pumpkin, 1 plain and 1 pecan pie cheesecake to make. I'm gonna need like 10 lbs of cream cheese :lol:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I'm doing dinner for about a dozen family and friends. I've got my menu all planned out and recipes printed. Today I'll get my shopping list and my plan of attack all together.

So far I have 2 pumpkin, 1 plain and 1 pecan pie cheesecake to make. I'm gonna need like 10 lbs of cream cheese :lol:

Did you see the recipe I posted in the other thread for the black bottom pumpkin pie?

acommondisaster

Twenty pound turkey in the freezer. I'll put it in a countertop roaster and cook it up - if it doesn't look brown enough, I'll pop it in the oven for a couple of minutes to make it pretty. Roaster keeps it very moist - better than the oven. Stuffing in a slow cooker. Green beans in the other slow cooker. That leaves the stove and oven open for homemade rolls, making gravy, mashed taters and all of the veggie dishes that all seem to need to be done in the oven.

I started doing the turkey on the countertop a few years ago out of necessity and we all agreed it tasted better and made the whole dinner making process easier. I try to involve everyone, asking for desserts, sides, etc. But in truth, I do most of the work and enjoy it that way. My husband's duties are picking out the wine and cutting the turkey. I plan out ahead of time what serving dishes and plates to use for everything, like a general planning a battle. :killingme

Cleanup is pretty easy - I try to have everything just about cleaned up and the dishwasher empty when we sit down to eat, so that there's not much more to do except put the dishes in the dishwasher, clean up the last few prep pieces. The biggest chore is putting away the leftovers, which I hate to do.

I think we're going to do a broccoli casserole along with the green beans. We've cut way back on the number of dishes we put on the table - trying to if not eat healthier (impossible on t-day) but at least consume less.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Something I've always wondered....

Attachments

• HScdCw23FUyl2tv6zmRM1Q2.jpg
    HScdCw23FUyl2tv6zmRM1Q2.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 95