Thanksgiving Dinner?

How many day(s) ahead do you start cooking?

• Total voters

Angel

~*~*~
I do not cook, but the man does. If you consider mixing and placing the turkey into the brine that the Turkey goes into cooking, then the man started today. :cheers:

TWLs wife

Angel said:
I do not cook, but the man does. If you consider mixing and placing the turkey into the brine that the Turkey goes into cooking, then the man started today. :cheers:
Actally I do. I did my turkey in my brine today too, and some more stuff with it.

gumbo

FIGHT CLUB !
jaybeeztoo said:
Okay, I am slow.

What does brine mean?
1 a : water saturated or strongly impregnated with common salt b : a strong saline solution (as of calcium chloride)
2 : the water of a sea or salt lake

Angel

~*~*~
jaybeeztoo said:
Okay, I am slow.

What does brine mean?
According to the man, a brine is any salt solution designed to open the pours of the meat to allow the acceptance of your chosen flavor. Look at any self basting turkey's ingredients list and you will see a salt solution / brine has been injected into the turkey. There is no flavor in that salt solution, so why not make one of your own? That's why it is recommended that you do not use a self basting turkey in your own brine solution. Add the flavors that you like, sweet, savory, salty, peppery, not only does brining a piece of poultry help the flavor of the meat, but also helps insure a moist texture once cooked.

To sum it up :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:... It's like a marinade. :lmao: