Thanksgiving Dinner?

How many day(s) ahead do you start cooking?

• Total voters
B

Bronwyn

My husband is doing all of the cooking, while I did all the cleaning and stuff. It's better for the health and safety of everyone concerned if we keep it that way! :lmao:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My contribution to the TG festivities is a smoked turkey breast. And I decided to smoke a rib roast, too, just for fun.

Dutch6

"Fluffy world destroyer"
vraiblonde said:
My contribution to the TG festivities is a smoked turkey breast. And I decided to smoke a rib roast, too, just for fun.
Those must be some huge rolling papers! How do you keep it lit? :confused: :lol:

J

jaybeeztoo

I'm being spoiled today. I have someone cooking me a special Thanksgiving feast :drool:

The bird is in the oven now. :getdown:

Happy Thanksgiving ya'll :flowers:

happyazz

Skiing in the clouds
TWL's wife said:
Here is the brine I use every year.

That is the way I always make perfeat Turkey, Also my Bay and Lemon Brined Turkey
Recipe courtesy Dave Lieberman
Show: Good Deal with Dave Lieberman
Episode: Thanksgiving For $45
Bay and Lemon Brined Turkey
1 (12 to 15-pound) turkey

For the brine:
2 gallons water
1 cup sugar
1 cup kosher salt
2 lemons, sliced in 1/2
4 bay leaves
3 cinnamon sticks
Small handful cloves

Combine all brine ingredients in a container or pot large enough to hold the turkey. Make sure all the sugar and salt have been fully dissolved. Add the turkey and refrigerate about 6 hours or overnight.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Remove turkey from brine and transfer to a roasting pan with a rack. Stuff turkey with the lemon halves, bay leaves, and cinnamon sticks used in the brine. Cook turkey for about 3 1/2 hours, basting every 40 minutes or so. If any part of the turkey gets too brown towards the end of cooking, shield with pieces of tin foil. When the turkey is done, juices should run clear from the breast and the legs should pull away from the bird easily. Remove from the heat and let rest for 15 to 20 minutes before carving.

That sounds :barf:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Hubby did a stuffed ham..I did the turkey..I take it out of the package pull the stuff out of its neck and butt..spray it with butter flavored cooking spray and put some salt and pepper on it...Taking our stuff to the inlaws and they are doing the rest..I will do all the clean up aftward....Getting hungy cant wait to go..

bcp

In My Opinion
TG was at my sisters house this year.
My back hurt so I stayed home. Wife and daughter went.
I just woke up to take some more meds, they still are not home so Im going back to bed.
Ill worry about TG next year.

F

Fat Momma

gumbo said:
1 a : water saturated or strongly impregnated with common salt b : a strong saline solution (as of calcium chloride)
2 : the water of a sea or salt lake

Gumbo you have one of the "coolest" avatars on here next to K_Jo

F

Fat Momma

mv_princess said:
:yeahthat: my mom is trying that this year, so she bought two turkeys just incase this one doesn't turn out good.

LOL, me too! I saw it on a cooking show and thought hmmmm I think I will try that. Then I thought what if I screw it up???

So two turkeys later the one with the brine was super delish!

F

Fat Momma

jaybeeztoo said:
I have half a can left of 100% pumpkin left, what do I do with it? Can I make pumpkin bread or pancakes out of it? If so, HOW?

I am NOT a cook :killingme

Pumpkin pancakes for tomorrows breakfast would be awesome.