That Authoritarian Lemon - Decides What Is The Truth

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Don Lemon Absent from CNN Show amid Fallout from Comments on Nikki Haley

Co-anchor Poppy Harlow immediately pushed back on the comments saying, “What are you talking … wait … are you talking about ‘prime’ for child bearing? Or are you talking about ‘prime’ for being president?”

Lemon spoke over Harlow to say, “Don’t shoot the messenger. I’m just saying what the facts are. Google it.”

An hour later, CNN correspondent Audie Cornish appeared on the show and told Lemon that “the idea of ‘prime’ that you Google on the internet” relates to “sexual and reproductive prime.” Lemon defended his earlier comments, saying he was reacting to Haley’s own critique of older politicians.

Lemon offered an apology on Twitter later on Thursday: “The reference I made to a woman’s ‘prime’ this morning was inartful and irrelevant, as colleagues and loved ones have pointed out, and I regret it. A woman’s age doesn’t define her either personally or professionally. I have countless women in my life who prove that every day.”

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
3C2CC829-1E0F-486F-9739-E90AA8890744.jpeg

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Don Lemon’s Misogyny at CNN, Exposed: Malicious Texts, Mocking Female Co-Workers and ‘Diva-Like Behavior’

Back in 2008, Don Lemon was co-anchoring CNN’s “Live From” weekday show with Kyra Phillips, a gig that he landed after he arrived at the network two years prior from local news in Chicago. For months, tensions between the pair kept mounting. On more than one occasion, a “Live From” producer and a newsroom supervisor had to pull Lemon off the air during a commercial break because of the anchor’s provocative antics, not unlike his recent declaration that the 51-year-old Nikki Haley isn’t a viable presidential candidate because she “isn’t in her prime.” Amid the charged atmosphere, sources say Lemon disrespected colleague Nancy Grace on the air and Soledad O’Brien during an editorial meeting attended by roughly 30 staffers.

But his antipathy toward Phillips was particularly concerning and had many members of the close-knit Atlanta news team on edge. While Phillips was on assignment in Iraq — a high-profile gig that Lemon coveted — he vented his disappointment at being passed over by tearing up pictures and notes on top of and inside Phillips’ desk in the news pod they shared, according to two sources who worked there at the time. When she returned from Iraq, things only got weirder. One night while dining with members of the news team, she received the first of two threatening text messages from an unknown number on her flip phone that warned, “Now you’ve crossed the line, and you’re going to pay for it.” Phillips was visibly rattled and quickly enlisted CNN’s higher ups to identify the sender.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
From the New York Post:

The “Aston Martin Music” rapper offered the 57-year-old former news anchor a job at one of his 30 or so Wingstop restaurants in an Instagram Story Tuesday.
CNN canned the sometimes controversial host Monday in a surprise move that Lemon said left him “stunned.”
In his post, Ross said Lemon — a 17-year network veteran — could come man the grill if he was looking for a career change.
“Just found out Don Lemon was terminated from CNN. Damn, dawg,” Ross said. “But guess what? The brother’s got your back.
“We’re hiring at Wingstop, and for some reason, I believe you know what you doing with the lemon-pepper wings, so man, just send over your résumé,” he continued. “I’mma make sure I get you in front of the right grill, brother. Stay solid, brother.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Zaid Jilani weighs in on Don Lemon’s ‘1619 Project’-fueled meltdown over Vivek Ramaswamy

Some are saying that Don Lemon’s meltdown while “interviewing” GOP presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy may have contributed to his hasty exit from CNN. Ramaswamy talked about gun rights, and Lemon made it clear that no one — whatever ethnicity you are — is going to tell him, an African American man, about what rights blacks have and do not have. In case you missed it, the NRA posted the clip:

Lemon even scolded the producers in his earpiece for not shutting up and letting him grandstand. Boy, we sure are going to miss him.

Rep. Ro Khanna has weighed in and proclaimed Lemon to be right — the civil rights movement paved the way for immigrant rights.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Liberals FUME Over Don Lemon GROVELING To Elon Musk To Save Career As FIRED Medhi Hasan QUITS MSNBC!​

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
🔥 Disgraced ex-CNN anchor Don Lemon, fired last year after a confidential internal investigation found mysterious “misconduct” that was not specifically identified, but had whiffs of MeToo-ism, announced yesterday he is rebooting his career. On Twitter (X)!

image 5.png

I’m old enough to remember back when liberals vowed to delete their Twitter accounts after Elon Musk bought the platform, unleashed misinformation, and opened up “blue checks” to everyone with a credit card. Gosh, back in those days the liberals were fleeing Twitter to their own highly-censored, invitation-only platforms like BlueSky (no MAGA wackos or conservatives allowed) and teasing us by promising never to return.

image 11.png

Now, liberal ex-anchor Lemon just lauded Twitter as “the biggest place for free speech in the world.” I guess their heavily-moderated private club wasn’t as much fun or something?

Now, apparently, free speech is good again. Progress!

SamSpade

Don Lemon MELTS DOWN After Elon Musk FIRES HIM & CANCELS CONTRACT Over HIT JOB CNN Interview!​

Saw part of his interview with Elon.

I might not be the sharpest interviewer but I’m pretty sure it’s not a great idea to piss on him non-stop and call it “free speech”.

My guess is, he must’ve had a deal with CNN already because nothing I can think of explains why he’d talk to his boss like that.

You walk into your boss’s office on your first day and repeatedly call him an azzhole, he fires you - and you think it’s about how he doesn’t like free speech?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Lemons always been a pretty dim bulb.

He'll have to hold out hope for another Leftwing Nuthouse to offer him a job.

seekeroftruth

CNN’s Don Lemon: ‘I’m Not An Opinion Host … I Get It Right’

Lemon began by strangely insulting his own viewers, seemingly implying that they don’t get around as much as he does. “It’s easy to sit behind — I don’t mean a camera like me, because I meet people all the time — behind your television, in front of your televisions at home, and you judge people,” he said, because they “don’t have as much information or as much knowledge as you have.”

Then he turned to Fox News. After acknowledging that “there are a whole lot of people out there where politics doesn’t have anything to do with” their decision not to get vaccinated, he blamed former President Donald Trump and other right-of-center forces for the unvaccinated population’s purported ignorance, confusion, and refusal to believe CNN.

[clip]

“I’m not an opinion host. I give my point of view,” he said, apparently unaware of his self-contradiction.

“Everything I say, every single night, is based in fact,” he insisted. “And if I screw it up, I come back and apologize, and I get it right.”

“That’s what we do here at CNN,” he continued. “That is the big difference between us and networks that don’t have to operate in that realm.”

Yet network insiders seemingly admitted their political bias to Project Veritas, which caught CNN Technical Director Charlie Chester bragging about his role in driving the Republican Party out of the White House. “Look what we did: We [CNN] got Trump out. I am 100% going to say it, and I 100% believe that if it wasn’t for CNN, I don’t know that Trump would have got voted out,” he said in an undercover video. “I came to CNN because I wanted to be a part of that.”

🤣
I watched CNN yesterday. I think the cancellation of Lemon's contract was justified. Lemon went to Musk scrapping for a big headline... "Musk admits.... " And Musk turned the tables on him.

News people should not be making the news. They should be reporting it... ONLY. I'm tired of the skewed and skewered news from Lemon. So, what if he's a black reporter.... I'm a polka dotted listener and I don't buy skewed news.

I'm not a fan of Musk either... but I think in this instance, Lemon doesn't need the X platform... he'll milk that interview for years. Cancel the contract.... let CNN pick up the rest of the bill for Lemon's lamentations.

JMO
:coffee: