the aversion of macho Americans to ignoble defeat

Pete

Repete
Never heard of him. On a second note "the aversion of macho Americans" I seriously doubt anyone would consider you "macho" so you are safe. :yay:

Pete

Repete
Mrs. Jones said:
I was hoping you would come along and explain all that :blahblah: :blahblah:
Ok, here it goes.

Stool sample scoured the internet and found an article written by some obscure republican who was the deputy assistant to the deputy assistant under secretary of the treasury during the Reagan administration 20 some odd years ago, who called Bush "Hitler". After urinating in his trousers with total glee he raced back here, ignoring all the slap downs he has waiting for him in all the other threads he starts, and posted this so we would all abandon our political beliefs, adopt his and become an insidious kumbaya glee club.

That pretty much clear it up?

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
forestal said:
the aversion of macho Americans to ignoble defeat
Hey!!! He's talking about most of you guys!!!

Most of us, but not you?

Do you embrace defeat instead?

You do an awful lot of complaining. What are you doing to bring about change?

Or are you just another windbag?

AndyMarquisLIVE

Pete said:
Ok, here it goes.

Stool sample scoured the internet and found an article written by some obscure republican who was the deputy assistant to the deputy assistant under secretary of the treasury during the Reagan administration 20 some odd years ago, who called Bush "Hitler". After urinating in his trousers with total glee he raced back here, ignoring all the slap downs he has waiting for him in all the other threads he starts, and posted this so we would all abandon our political beliefs, adopt his and become an insidious kumbaya glee club.

That pretty much clear it up?

:killingme :lmao: :killingme :lmao: :killingme :lmao: :killingme :lmao:

That's the funniest thing I've seen all day.

forestal

I'm the Boss of Me
We lose only as long as we stay in Iraq. Time to declare "victory with honor" and bring the boys back home, just like Vietnam (another boondoggle)

I voted. That's how civilized people change our government.

If you really want to see us succeed, you would march right down the recruitment office and enlist. Bush needs all his meat for the Iraqi grinder.
But I suspect you aren't even willing to pay the higher taxes that it takes to finance this boondoggle. Or are you just satisfied with sticking the trillion dollar bill to your kids?

Lugnut said:
Most of us, but not you?

Do you embrace defeat instead?

You do an awful lot of complaining. What are you doing to bring about change?

Or are you just another windbag?

AndyMarquisLIVE

forestal said:
We lose only as long as we stay in Iraq. Time to declare "victory with honor" and bring the boys back home, just like Vietnam (another boondoggle)

If you really want to see us succeed, you would march right down the recruitment office and enlist. Bush needs all his meat for the Iraqi grinder.
But I suspect you aren't even willing to pay the higher taxes that it takes to finance this boondoggle. Or are you just satisfied with sticking the trillion dollar bill to your kids?

Now, I'm a very vocal opposer to the war in Iraq and I don't think we should be there right now. I don't think it is in our interests and I do believe Mr. Bush lied to us.

So you would raise taxes on everybodyin this country to finance a war hey do not approve of? Come on man...

Did you hear your elected official today: There's nothing we can do.

forestal

I'm the Boss of Me
All people would take a keener interest in fighting the right wars if they had to personally pay for it in their blood or money. If every member of congress, and everyone in the Bush administration had a son or daughter over in Iraq I think we'd see this war fought differently. There would be plenty of armor for starters.

Too many people think that supporting the war means putting a chinese made magnet on the back of their trucks.

AndyMarquisLIVE said:
Now, I'm a very vocal opposer to the war in Iraq and I don't think we should be there right now. I don't think it is in our interests and I do believe Mr. Bush lied to us.

So you would raise taxes on everybodyin this country to finance a war hey do not approve of? Come on man...

Did you hear your elected official today: There's nothing we can do.

Last edited:

AndyMarquisLIVE

forestal said:
All people would take a keener interest in fighting the right wars if they had to pay for it in blood or money. If every member of congress, and everyone in the Bush administration had a son or daughter over in Iraq I think we'd see this war fought differently. There would be plenty of armor for starters.

I once heard a quote from a very wise man: "I fkings fought wars, there would be far fewer wars."

I think the Congress and the President have done a lousy job funding troops and if they cut funding, that'd be worse.

Doing it your way has a grim outlook. We need to blitz Baghdad and Sadr City if we stand to gain significant ground in Iraq. What we need or that, more troops.

I'm very upset with my party in not adressing Iraq. I'm dissappointed in their "Giving up." Try a Baghdad blitz before giving up. Try actually going on the offensive. If we do that and that fail and the "war" is truly lost, then recnsider.

Pete

Repete
forestal said:
I already did, 5 times. Have you? Have you done anything? Peace Corps? Americorps? Go to New Orleans? Have you done one stinking thing other than play with your monkey and sneer about how terrible America is?

Here is a telegraph for you Hansel. No war is sanitary, no war is free of atrocities, no war is antiseptic, no war is casualty free, no war is free of critics, no war is embraced by anyone. You were what 3 years old when Iraq started because Saddam invaded Kuwait and held the keys to nearly 100% of the Persian Gulf's oil supply? You were what 4 or 5 when he started ignoring the conditions of the cease fire? You were 12 when 9/11 happened and geopolitics changed forever?

I think you are seriously misguided by a liberal rage. One day you will grow up, maybe you wont but I think while you are thumbing your PlayStation, putting around in your Honda Civic and enjoying the splendor that is America you will remember that the road to nirvana was not paved with daisies, and wishful thinking.

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
forestal said:

That's all there is to it? Just "declare victory" (with honor of course)? I'm stunned that nobody else thought of that... Can you sense the sarcasm or do you need the smilies?

You voted? That's the MINIMUM a civilized person can do to bring about change. You talk the talk but you don't walk the walk. Why am I not surprised?

I did enlist, and I served proudly. I still serve in a civillian capacity today and I do FAR more than vote to ensure people like you don't destroy my country.

Last edited:

Pete

Repete
forestal said:
All people would take a keener interest in fighting the right wars if they had to personally pay for it in their blood money. If every member of congress, and everyone in the Bush administration had a son or daughter over in Iraq I think we'd see this war fought differently. There would be plenty of armor for starters.

Too many people think that supporting the war means putting a chinese made magnet on the back of their trucks.
Maybe the people YOU hang around with are selfish hacks like that, but not all Americans are.

As far as armor, thank William Jefferson Clinton for leaving a military that was not prepared to take on a 3rd world pizz hole like Iraq.

AndyMarquisLIVE

forestal said:

Before you even hint that I or anyone else do not support the troops, know this: My brother in-law is a Marine in Iraq. I've got one of those magnets and have done more. I have sent money for calling cards to the troops. I have donated to the USO. I have sent letters of support to troops in Iraq. Heck, I've talked to my brother in-law, IN IRAQ. What have you done to support the troops? What have you sent? What have you donated?

Severa

Common sense ain't common
forestal said:
All people would take a keener interest in fighting the right wars if they had to personally pay for it in their blood money. If every member of congress, and everyone in the Bush administration had a son or daughter over in Iraq I think we'd see this war fought differently. There would be plenty of armor for starters.

Blood money, huh...I did my time - my husband was in the Navy for 6 years, 4 of those on submarines. Nothing like having a husband go on deployment and you not knowing where he's going, and if you did you couldn't tell anyone about it. No email, a handful of phone calls during 3 port visits....during a 6 month deployment.

(Oh and before you go saying no one in Congress or the Senate has kids in the military, you need to go chat with McCain. He's got one son that reported to Marine boot camp in September and another son that's in the Naval academy.)

As for your first post, where you listed Wikipedia as a source, you DO realize (I hope) that most WIkipedia articles can be edited by ANYONE with a computer so their credibility can be questionable at best?