the aversion of macho Americans to ignoble defeat

Hessian

Forestal?

Do I understand that this poster is still unable to grow a peach fuzz whiskers on his innocent face? He was in Middle school when we were attacked on 9/11?

why are you wasting any time trying to reason with him? Holy cow people....when was the last time you spoke with some HS Clinton age tots?

They have NO functioning historical knowledge. I know this for a fact because the poor quality of students I try to teach every day. Liberals are especially difficult to deal with because they are so filled with self-loathing, false ideology, paradoxes of intolerance, and are very miopic in their perspective.
Please my fellow posters, please ignore this project. To him, life is grief, let him live his misery without giving him an audience to infect others.

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hessian said:
Do I understand that this poster is still unable to grow a peach fuzz whiskers on his innocent face? He was in Middle school when we were attacked on 9/11?

why are you wasting any time trying to reason with him? Holy cow people....when was the last time you spoke with some HS Clinton age tots?

They have NO functioning historical knowledge. I know this for a fact because the poor quality of students I try to teach every day. Liberals are especially difficult to deal with because they are so filled with self-loathing, false ideology, paradoxes of intolerance, and are very miopic in their perspective.
Please my fellow posters, please ignore this project. To him, life is grief, let him live his misery without giving him an audience to infect others.

:yay:

Toxick

Splat
forestal said:
Bush is like Hitler.

Any article that Godwinizes itself within four words is always bound to be a winner.

I stopped reading after this sentence. I honestly believe that if this how the article leads off, the rest of the article is tripe.

PsyOps

Pixelated
forestal said:
Well, the first sentence of this speaks loudly to the credibility of it.
The new year began on the hopeful note that Bush’s illegal war in Iraq would soon be ended
I know you (and Paul Craig "The Wikipedia-defined-Reagan-Conservative" Roberts) want so much to believe this is an illegal war Forestal but Congress approved it overwhelmingly on a bi-partisan level. THAT MAKES IT QUITE LEGAL! Unless, of course, you consider our Congress to have no authority whatsoever.

And Paul Craig "The Wikipedia-defined-Reagan-Conservative" Roberts is posting on a website called antiwar.com? Okie dokie. Wonder if we can find him posting such crap elsewhere. :bigwhoop:

Last edited:

PsyOps

Pixelated
forestal said:
All people would take a keener interest in fighting the right wars if they had to personally pay for it in their blood money. If every member of congress, and everyone in the Bush administration had a son or daughter over in Iraq I think we'd see this war fought differently. There would be plenty of armor for starters.

Too many people think that supporting the war means putting a chinese made magnet on the back of their trucks.
How ridiculously obtuse. Would you be so kind as to define what a “right war” is? Oh and when that “right war” is defined, the only justification for Congress to authorize such a war is if at least one of their family members is sent?

If it was the “right war”, would you be volunteering?

Last edited:
R

remaxrealtor

If it was the “right war”, would you be volunteering?[/QUOTE]
He already has. I'm sure his basement bedroom is littered with the carcasses of PS2 wargames. Those are the wars he feels comfy with. And I am quite sure he gives 110% of himself right up until mom calls him for dinner...

SamSpade

Toxick said:
Any article that Godwinizes itself within four words is always bound to be a winner.

I stopped reading after this sentence. I honestly believe that if this how the article leads off, the rest of the article is tripe.

I think you and I may be the only ones on board familiar with Godwin's Law.

Well, until they read this and go Google it somewhere.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
SamSpade said:
I think you and I may be the only ones on board familiar with Godwin's Law.
Well, until they read this and go Google it somewhere.
:lol:
"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one." There is a tradition in many newsgroups and other Internet discussion forums that once such a comparison is made, the thread is finished and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically "lost" whatever debate was in progress.

forestal

I'm the Boss of Me
Five times? Is that how many tours you've done in Iraq? What's the nature of your service? We're not done in Iraq. If you think we can prevail, you need to keep going back until we win.

It's takes a special person to risk their life for their country. Some people can trust the President to make wise decisions that could endanger their lives. I cannot. I will not put myself in position to allow someone else to send me to war based on a pack of lies. I guess that would leave the Peace Corps, or Americorps, but I already have a job. I do give money to the International Red Cross, does that count for trying to help better the world?

Saddam didn't hold the keys for 100% of the Persian Gulf oil supply. I'm not interested in giving my age. The less you know about me the better. Frankly, your hostility is more than a little unnerving.

War is Hell. It's supposed to be so awful that people try and avoid it, but not George Bush. He seems to relish his swagger as he plays soldier.

What do you have against energy efficient cars? Do you think that the oil is going to last forever? Don't you know that using less oil will make America more secure?

Pete said:
I already did, 5 times. Have you? Have you done anything? Peace Corps? Americorps? Go to New Orleans? Have you done one stinking thing other than play with your monkey and sneer about how terrible America is?

Here is a telegraph for you Hansel. No war is sanitary, no war is free of atrocities, no war is antiseptic, no war is casualty free, no war is free of critics, no war is embraced by anyone. You were what 3 years old when Iraq started because Saddam invaded Kuwait and held the keys to nearly 100% of the Persian Gulf's oil supply? You were what 4 or 5 when he started ignoring the conditions of the cease fire? You were 12 when 9/11 happened and geopolitics changed forever?

I think you are seriously misguided by a liberal rage. One day you will grow up, maybe you wont but I think while you are thumbing your PlayStation, putting around in your Honda Civic and enjoying the splendor that is America you will remember that the road to nirvana was not paved with daisies, and wishful thinking.

PsyOps

Pixelated
forestal said:
Five times? Is that how many tours you've done in Iraq? What's the nature of your service? We're not done in Iraq. If you think we can prevail, you need to keep going back until we win.

It's takes a special person to risk their life for their country. Some people can trust the President to make wise decisions that could endanger their lives. I cannot. I will not put myself in position to allow someone else to send me to war based on a pack of lies. I guess that would leave the Peace Corps, or Americorps, but I already have a job. I do give money to the International Red Cross, does that count for trying to help better the world?

Saddam didn't hold the keys for 100% of the Persian Gulf oil supply. I'm not interested in giving my age. The less you know about me the better. Frankly, your hostility is more than a little unnerving.

War is Hell. It's supposed to be so awful that people try and avoid it, but not George Bush. He seems to relish his swagger as he plays soldier.

What do you have against energy efficient cars? Do you think that the oil is going to last forever? Don't you know that using less oil will make America more secure?
That’s pretty snide Forestal, considering Pete probably did more in a single day in Iraq than you did in your entire lifetime.

You wrote that war is supposed to be so awful that people try to avoid it? Who is out there purposefully making war awful? The military, the media, our president, you? War is indeed an ugly thing. Some have the stomach for it, some don’t. And some have a selective stomach for it depending on their political demands. You fall in the latter category. I’m quite certain you (if you were old enough) defended Clinton’s order to send our troops to die in Kosovo and Somalia, even though they were no threat to the US, had no WMD or nukes, or were collaborating with terrorist organizations.

forestal

I'm the Boss of Me
Well, I didn't want to be put in jail for protesting against Bush, or get the FBI spying on my case either.

When you say 'people like me' you're not in position to make that type of a statement. You have allowed your prejudices to define me, and you are wholly mistaken.

Lugnut said:
That's all there is to it? Just "declare victory" (with honor of course)? I'm stunned that nobody else thought of that... Can you sense the sarcasm or do you need the smilies?

You voted? That's the MINIMUM a civilized person can do to bring about change. You talk the talk but you don't walk the walk. Why am I not surprised?

I did enlist, and I served proudly. I still serve in a civillian capacity today and I do FAR more than vote to ensure people like you don't destroy my country.

forestal

I'm the Boss of Me
That's right, when you've run out of intelligent arguments, blame it on Bill.

Pete said:
Maybe the people YOU hang around with are selfish hacks like that, but not all Americans are.

As far as armor, thank William Jefferson Clinton for leaving a military that was not prepared to take on a 3rd world pizz hole like Iraq.

forestal

I'm the Boss of Me
I didn't have anyone in particular in mind. I see a lot of these magnets on people's cars/trucks, but the only folks who are making the sacrifices these days are the military and their families.

I'm not going to talk about my work. Nobody here would believe me anyway.

AndyMarquisLIVE said:
Before you even hint that I or anyone else do not support the troops, know this: My brother in-law is a Marine in Iraq. I've got one of those magnets and have done more. I have sent money for calling cards to the troops. I have donated to the USO. I have sent letters of support to troops in Iraq. Heck, I've talked to my brother in-law, IN IRAQ. What have you done to support the troops? What have you sent? What have you donated?

forestal

I'm the Boss of Me
I meant to say "Blood or money", I've edited my post to be more accurate.

I'm sorry your husband was away from you for so many years. I'm sure you feel some sympathy for the families who's husbands and wives are on their THIRD tour of Iraq.

I didn't say that nobody in Congress had relatives in the services, because i know that some of them dow. Very FEW of our congressmen have relatives in the services. McCain is completely crazy, BTW.

REGARDING WIKIPEDIA. So many of you are confused about he accuracy of the entries. You think that because anyone can edit an entry, that the listings can't be trusted. All edits are watched by expert moderators. When one is made that is totally off the wall, they are fixed. If you doubt the accuracy, look up some of the listings in areas that you are familiar with and see how it compares. "We are smarter than me" is the axiom of Wikipedia (I expect alot of jokes to now commense over this last sentence).

Severa said:
Blood money, huh...I did my time - my husband was in the Navy for 6 years, 4 of those on submarines. Nothing like having a husband go on deployment and you not knowing where he's going, and if you did you couldn't tell anyone about it. No email, a handful of phone calls during 3 port visits....during a 6 month deployment.

(Oh and before you go saying no one in Congress or the Senate has kids in the military, you need to go chat with McCain. He's got one son that reported to Marine boot camp in September and another son that's in the Naval academy.)

As for your first post, where you listed Wikipedia as a source, you DO realize (I hope) that most WIkipedia articles can be edited by ANYONE with a computer so their credibility can be questionable at best?

forestal

I'm the Boss of Me
Your arguments aren't very compelling.

If you are representative of the educators we have in Calvert, I feel sorry for the students: your grammar and spelling are poor.

Here's some spelling tips for the teacher:
'Myopic' is spelled with a 'y'.

Hessian said: