The immigration problem

Sapidus

QUOTE=Sapidus RED = My take

This article highlights the immigration problem

These are jobs Americans don't want (Or cant take because it's only a living wage if you live 10 to a house, eat on a dollar a day and send the rest of your money back home where $50 will support them for a month) Yes. That is the point of the article. How do we fix that?

Large corporations rely on this cheap labor to provide their product at low costs (You mean laborers who are here illegally, hence the cost savings) Again. The exact point of the article

If we stop immigration these jobs willl have to offer more money and workplace protections (You mean illegal immigration, and yes, more money, and shocker, comply with the law regarding workplace protections, is that a bad thing?). I'm not saying bad or good. I'm saying we have come to rely on illegal immigrants because we enjoy cheap products.

The price of chicken ( the product in the article) will rise. (Fine with me, I don't mind paying more to fix that problem, if in doing so we fix a few others, like the amount of tax dollars being spent to offer services to illegals families. I can choose to buy chicken, I cannot choose to pay taxes)
Well it's not only chicken. It's also your fruits and vegetables and cereals. The people who clean your hotel room or airplane. Some hotel/ resort workers.

You may be ok with paying more for chicken but what about when you are paying more for many products and services? Eventually its going to hurt your wallet. And while you may be fine with it there are millions who have to or want to buy the cheapest product they can find regardless of quality. ?

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
If you believe that illegals are all working for low wages you just might want to visit a new housing project being built, local factorys along with some skilled trades and see who is working and ask them what they make.

Better bring a translator with you.

Sapidus

Obviously. And yet another moron apparently oblivious to the many barriers and legal obstructions that effectively prevent companies (like mine) from employing illegals.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

You must not have read or understood the article. It specifically said these companies violated the law but the law is such that the onus is on the worker not the company. The penalties for the company in relation to their profit is minuscule. Which is why they continue to do it.

glhs837

Power with Control
Only 10? I think you are light in your count. I know of a 2 bedroom home in Glen Burnie that had 23 living in it. The water bill was 6 to 800 bucks a quarter. The 10 or 12 men that lived in the house worked for my Sister and her Husband.
The basement looked like hot racks in a submarine.

I know, but I try not to give numbers most wont believe. There was a lady on a small side road off of Willows. Buddy of mine broke up with his girlfriend, she was moving into a room that lady had to rent in her house. While moving her in, we noticed the trailer next door had 8-10 Hispanic men hanging about cooking out(It was Sunday). The ex girlfriend asked, and the lady told her that she owned that lot and rented beds in there to workers and helped find them work. In fact, it was so profitable she was in the process of building a larger hose with more bedrooms so she could make more money.

black dog

Free America
Thanks for the warm welcome.

You must not have read or understood the article. It specifically said these companies violated the law but the law is such that the onus is on the worker not the company. The penalties for the company in relation to their profit is minuscule. Which is why they continue to do it.

I figured you for a Troll myself, Let's see how long you hang around..

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
It specifically said these companies violated the law but the law is such that the onus is on the worker not the company. .

The article - and you - are grossly inaccurate. How many companies have you owned? Hoe many employees?

Sapidus

The article - and you - are grossly inaccurate. How many companies have you owned? Hoe many employees?
Hoe any employees? Never. That's disgusting.

How many chicken factories do you own to be an expert in what this particular factory did?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
How many chicken factories do you own to be an expert in what this particular factory did?

Why, most them. ;-p

Ahh..so as your failed narrative crumbles before your very eyes, you are quickly reduced from making broad and inaccurate generalizations to pointing to a few exceptions instead. Great stuff.

Sapidus

Why, most them. ;-p

Ahh..so as your failed narrative crumbles before your very eyes, you are quickly reduced from making broad and inaccurate generalizations to pointing to a few exceptions instead. Great stuff.

All you have to do is read the article. Don't insult me and try to belittle my commentary because you can't read the article or find it to hard to comprehend.

I specifically said chicken factories, vegetable and fruit and hotel workers. I never mentioned whatever crappy 99 cent store you run. You brought it up.

Reading comprehension is important

Restitution

All you have to do is read the article. Don't insult me and try to belittle my commentary because you can't read the article or find it to hard to comprehend.

One of these is spelled incorrectly. Please tell us which one so we can attempt to believe you are not an idiot. TYIA :yay:

Sapidus

Marine equipment and engineering company with an international client base.

But close enough.... :killingme

So because in your experience at your company does not employ illegal immigrants the entirety of my post can't have any relevance? Or do you not know how to respond to the actual concerns brought up? Or are you a troll?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
So because in your experience at your company does not employ illegal immigrants the entirety of my post can't have any relevance? Or do you not know how to respond to the actual concerns brought up? Or are you a troll?

The simple point of my post is that it is very difficult for any legitimate company, corporation, LLC etc to get away with employing illegals. Those that have done so are quickly and brutally made examples of too, when caught.