The Life of an Addict

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Cigarettes are one of the hardest addictions to kick; nothing to be ashamed of if you "enjoy" smoking and "don't want" to quit. That's the addict talking.

Right, MUCH harder than alcohol or heroin. My god, there are nicotine rehab clinics all over the place, it's such a terrible addiction. People just can't quit without help.

:rolleyes:

Anyway, whatever. If you all want to equate smoking with heroin addiction or alcoholism, go right ahead. :yay:

MarieB

Right, MUCH harder than alcohol or heroin. My god, there are nicotine rehab clinics all over the place, it's such a terrible addiction. People just can't quit without help.

Anyway, whatever. If you all want to equate smoking with heroin addiction or alcoholism, go right ahead. :yay:

Read the studies

You may want to look down on those who can't quit the heroine, but quitting smoking is just as difficult

MarieB

for the weak, yeah

Says the former smoker. I'm surprised considering your personal experience with an addict. Fighting addiction is a very personal experience, and a lot of variables come into play

Anyway, it's According to scientific studies

MarieB

All are addictions

Nobody said that the fallout from said addictions are the same

Hank

my war
Says the former smoker. I'm surprised considering your personal experience with an addict. Fighting addiction is a very personal experience, and a lot of variables come into play

Anyway, it's According to scientific studies

Yeah, former smoker that quit cold turkey 20 years ago.

Mind over matter... It's all in your mind. If you are tuned in, you can do it. The weak suffer, the strong survive.

MarieB

Yeah, former smoker that quit cold turkey 20 years ago.

Mind over matter... It's all in your mind. If you are tuned in, you can do it. The weak suffer, the strong survive.

So, you're saying vrai is weak? And you were a weak man for how many years?!

Hank

my war
So, you're saying vrai is weak? And you were a weak man for how many years?!

She is not weak because she doesn't want to quit. When I decided I wanted to quit, I did so. Boom, just like that. I didn't consider myself a weak person because I never considered it an issue other than health...It starts with you for whatever you want to quit.

MarieB

She is not weak because she doesn't want to quit. When I decided I wanted to quit, I did so. Boom, just like that. I didn't consider myself a weak person because I never considered it an issue other than health...It starts with you for whatever you want to quit.

It is still an addiction

And many addicts don't want to quit (i seem to recall vrai trying out electronic cigs)

And i recall a personal story that you mentioned that had to do with a family member. It's not today, tomorrow black and white

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
It is still an addiction

And many addicts don't want to quit (i seem to recall vrai trying out electronic cigs)

And i recall a personal story that you mentioned that had to do with a family member. It's not today, tomorrow black and white

Do you ever blow your husband?

Hank

my war

She was weak. Needed a lot of help, but her recovery still started with her. Mind over matter.

MarieB

She was weak. Needed a lot of help, but her recovery still started with her. Mind over matter.

Most addicts are "weak" at least from time to time when they try to kick a habit, some being more vulnerable

Regardless of the drug of choice