The little green B*sta**ds are back

pbotz

I say this year is the worst I seen in Mechanicsville. My maples In the yard look like its winter or early spring before the leave pop out and all you see is the buds on the trees.
I refuse to go out into my yard as you get covered in them and all the web in your face. The wife is nagging me to find a way to get rid of them. I don't believe its possible.

The sun was low one evening and it was hitting the webs a certain way so they were all visible hanging from the tree branches. My maple tree looked like a weeping willow there was so many strings hanging off it.

Last edited:

DeeCee

A horse of course!
I spoke too soon - every day they're getting worse .... :burning:
Worm....crap.... is....dropping....down...like...rain....can't....go....outside....without....a.....HAT..........
yard will soon look like a horror movie set......

sm8

So my kids decided they were pets and collected a bunch of them in a shoe box. There are two different color worms (green and black). Turns out the different colors do not like each other in closed spaces. They fought to the death.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
So my kids decided they were pets and collected a bunch of them in a shoe box. There are two different color worms (green and black). Turns out the different colors do not like each other in closed spaces. They fought to the death.

Inchworm fight club. :lol:

Dakota

~~~~~~~
I spoke too soon - every day they're getting worse .... :burning:
Worm....crap.... is....dropping....down...like...rain....can't....go....outside....without....a.....HAT..........
yard will soon look like a horror movie set......

Earlier this morning, we removed some limbs off various trees on our property and we had them all over us.

I hate those little bastards. When should we expect them to turn into moths?