• Kiki Stinkertoes

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Other (spell it out)

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
OK, you are not going to believe this but John McCain actually called me about 10 minutes ago. He was blabbing about voting for him and I kept trying to ask him who he was leaning toward for VP but he wouldn't stop talking. It was like he didn't even hear me.

:lol: he left me a message, said he was carrying on the Regan legacy

bcp

In My Opinion
:yay: I haven't had a cigarrette for over a week and was down to a couple a day for the week before that and I've noticed that I can smell a lot more than I used to.

same thing happened to me.

I had to give up chili

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
If he picked Mike Steele and promised to die mid-term, I'd vote for him.

It still makes me sick about that Senate race. Ugh. I don't want to talk about it.

Oh man - I feel the same way! I heard some snippets of Mike Steele this morning on WMAL. I was going to the bank & PO for work, so I only heard a little bit. But from what I did hear, I thought what he said was very uplifting and I even felt a little inspired and maybe had a smidge better outlook.

And then I get to SOMD.com tonight and here's a poll with his name! I was thinking when I heard him this morning that I could see myself voting for McCain if he was on the ticket!

He's also got an Op/Ed piece in the Washington Times today. I don't know if the article was posted anywhere in the Forum, but here's the link -

http://www.washingtontimes.com/article/20080206/EDITORIAL/366594190/1013/EDITORIAL

OK, you are not going to believe this but John McCain actually called me about 10 minutes ago. He was blabbing about voting for him and I kept trying to ask him who he was leaning toward for VP but he wouldn't stop talking. It was like he didn't even hear me.

Oh crap - have those calls started??? Those drove me nuts last election... sure wish there was a way to stop them before they start...

Bann

PREMO Member

:lmao:

Bann

PREMO Member
:lol: he left me a message, said he was carrying on the Regan legacy

I got my RNC renewal a couple of weeks ago & I usually hold onto it until I do my bills. So....after work today I notice it on my desk and got it out. I wrote "NO MORE MONEY from me - I don't like/endorse/want YOUR nominee" all over the donation card and stuck it back in the envelope.

Ok, it was stupid & immature, but I felt better. And I'm mailing it tomorrow in the postage paid envelope along with the ID card they sent me. I've been a "sustaining member" since 2002, but they can kiss that pittance I send them goodbye for a while.

Oh! And, while I was doing this, I heard on the TV McCain's latest comment to the conservatives. So I wrote on the back of the already sealed envelope: " 'Calm down' about my donation"
:coffee:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I got my RNC renewal a couple of weeks ago & I usually hold onto it until I do my bills. So....after work today I notice it on my desk and got it out. I wrote "NO MORE MONEY from me - I don't like/endorse/want YOUR nominee" all over the donation card and stuck it back in the envelope.

Ok, it was stupid & immature, but I felt better. And I'm mailing it tomorrow in the postage paid envelope along with the ID card they sent me. I've been a "sustaining member" since 2002, but they can kiss that pittance I send them goodbye for a while.

Oh! And, while I was doing this, I heard on the TV McCain's latest comment to the conservatives. So I wrote on the back of the already sealed envelope: " 'Calm down' about my donation"
:clap:

Good for you!

I still can't figure out who the hell keeps voting for this guy.

Years ago - the return postage use to be done on an open bases (to some degree - my dad was in the post office). My Dad got one of these cards from Walter Fauntroy (they always butted heads over postage/mass mailings drop-offs) at the house.

He went and got a couple of bricks and wrote a special note in it, signed it, wrapped it in brown paper, taped the card to it and gave it to one of the mail sorters to process.

My Dad got a personal phone call from Mr. Fauntroy asking him to start playing nice! :lol: The old man told him NOT until he started to listen to him!

awpitt

Main Streeter
:yay: I haven't had a cigarrette for over a week and was down to a couple a day for the week before that and I've noticed that I can smell a lot more than I used to.
Congrats! Because you can smell better, you're gonna want to eat more because the food will taste better so be careful about that. When I quit, I started gaining weight because everything tasted so much better so I had to make sure I wasn't eating too much. Also, you might start getting bad coughing. That's because your lungs will start to recover and get rid of all the crap that the cigs brought in.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My favorite was the one he did with his two sons. :lol:

STOP IT!!! STOP IT!!! QUIT TALKING ABOUT IT!!! :whack:

USWWarrior

It's a Jeep thang!
Conventional wisdom say to pick a "true" conservative to appease the Rep. party. But McCain is such a maverick, I would not be suprised if he selects Lieberman as his running mate.

Kerad

Attachments

• Steele_puppy.jpg
    Steele_puppy.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 47