The NCAA Tournament

R

retiredweaxman

:yahoo: Is there a better 4 days of sports viewing out there? (maybe)

Who you got for the Final Four?

I am a homer for the Big East...SYR vs UCONN in one semi and ND vs PITT in the other with UCONN going all the way.

Why UCONN? I have TX taking out DUKE then UCONN taking out TX as they did in TX during the regular season.

My surprise entrant for the Sweet 16 is....TEMPLE. They beat PENN ST and SD ST to get to the Sweet 16.

Beta84

They're out to get us
K-State will take it all...remember you heard it here first

Waiting to see what SEC or Florida team Beta picks...

Here's my Elite 8 matchups...

East: Kentucky over Georgia
West: Tennessee over UConn
Southwest: Vanderbilt over Notre Dame
Southeast: Florida over Pitt

:dude:

Actually, I'm leaning toward...
Ohio State, UConn, Kansas, Pitt/UF (whichever one makes the elite 8, won't be both).

The Southeast is incredibly weak at the top, but there are a bunch of potholes. If there's going to be a region with a double digit seed winning, it'll be that one.

Beta84

They're out to get us
I am a homer for the Big East...SYR vs UCONN in one semi and ND vs PITT in the other with UCONN going all the way.

Why UCONN? I have TX taking out DUKE then UCONN taking out TX as they did in TX during the regular season.

My surprise entrant for the Sweet 16 is....TEMPLE. They beat PENN ST and SD ST to get to the Sweet 16.

your homer picking is as bad as my joke one. You're picking UConn to win it all because they won the Big East tourney without even realizing it. I thought you were joking but since you don't have any other picks I guess maybe not. :lol:

I don't think UConn will have to play TX or Duke. Their only hurdle will probably be SDSU (or hey, maybe Temple, which isn't a hurdle), who I think is solid but probably not good enough to take on UConn. I think that region comes down to SDSU vs UConn since I'm guessing lower seeds coming out of the top half.

There's nothing wrong with being a homer. I have UNC, Duke, Florida State, Maryland, and Georgia Tech in the Final Four - and I have UNC beating Duke in the championship game.

Beta84

They're out to get us
There's nothing wrong with being a homer. I have UNC, Duke, Florida State, Maryland, and Georgia Tech in the Final Four - and I have UNC beating Duke in the championship game.

that would be one of the most interesting final fours ever. Did UMD and GTech combine forces to create a "super average" team that was given late admission into the tourney?

Otter

Nothing to see here
Huh? As much as I hate Duke (lifelong UofK fan here) did you SEE what they did to UNC in the ACC championship? It wasn't even CLOSE.

Did you SEE what they did to Duke in the regular season. It wasn't even CLOSE.

:whistle:

:lol:

R

retiredweaxman

your homer picking is as bad as my joke one. You're picking UConn to win it all because they won the Big East tourney without even realizing it. I thought you were joking but since you don't have any other picks I guess maybe not. :lol:

I don't think UConn will have to play TX or Duke. Their only hurdle will probably be SDSU (or hey, maybe Temple, which isn't a hurdle), who I think is solid but probably not good enough to take on UConn. I think that region comes down to SDSU vs UConn since I'm guessing lower seeds coming out of the top half.

Sorry BETA - SD St plays in the same half of the west bracket as UCONN. There has to be someone from the other half to take them on in the elite 8. The choices would be:

Duke/Hampton, Michigan/Tennessee, Arizona/Memphis, Texas/Oakland

As you can see, I picked Duke and Tx in the other half of that bracket to face UCONN/Temple (who beats SD St in the weekend game) winner. I picked TX to beat Duke and Uconn to beat Temple...setting up UCONN vs TX for a berth in the final 4...as Uconn beat TX in TX this year during the regular season, it is not too much of a stretch to think they can do it again.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Wow. Morehead State just took out Louisville. Bet many didn't pick that one.

That's gonna make Kansas' path a lot easier.

Last edited:

Severa

Common sense ain't common
Wow. Morehead State just took out Louisville. Bet many didn't pick that one.

That's gonna make Kansas' path a lot easier.

Yeah that one screwed up my husband's bracket LOL I'm betting that one screwed up a LOT of brackets. I feel bad for UofL, losing Knowles like that (ankle sprain) just KILLED them.

UofK/Princeton game nearly had me drinking Maalox straight from the bottle DAMMIT I hate games like that.

Otter I missed the Duke/UNC game earlier this year, didn't realize it was that lopsided. Oops.

Didn't get my bracket made it time so I'm just gonna sit back and watch my Wildcats to see how far they make it....

BuddyLee

Football addict
Vandy just lost to Richmond. I didn't see that happening but something told me to take the underdog in Richmond and I snagged it.:yahoo: